"We aint got no money "

supacane

Senior
You either cant do something or you dont want to do something. Miami overall athletics revenue is more than Clemson's and football was merely 4 mill behind in 2019. This is Clemson who been to every playoffs since 2015 and won 2 national titles. We must force change....some way. This is not a case of we can't. We have money. That's why the gameday rants got under their skin down there. And like a good tool Diaz came out to bat defending points no one made.

Advertisement
"Auxiliary expenses".

ezgif-1-593d1ce419a3.gif

Advertisement
Clemson earned $4M more and pays Dabo $9M. I'll wager Dabo is paid more than Miami's completed staff, from Diaz down to DVD.
Dabo's salary coincides with his multiple cfp appearances, acc championships, national titles, etc. ACC and CFP championships generate huge revenue for the school. If Miami would've had the same success as Clemson they'd be paying coaches similar amounts.

You either cant do something or you dont want to do something. Miami overall athletics revenue is more than Clemson's and football was merely 4 mill behind in 2019. This is Clemson who been to every playoffs since 2015 and won 2 national titles. We must force change....some way. This is not a case of we can't. We have money. That's why the gameday rants got under their skin down there. And like a good tool Diaz came out to bat defending points no one made.

Revenue is probably quite a bit more than that, the private schools tend to cook the books to make it look like they aren't turning a net profit. It keeps the heat off them to say, "hey we're barely scraping by as-is, don't ask us to invest more in Title IX and other non-revenue sports." If they report higher revenue, then they will have to offset with higher expenses and that makes it too easy for someone to ask, "where is all this money you say you spent?"

Advertisement
Dabo's salary coincides with his multiple cfp appearances, acc championships, national titles, etc. ACC and CFP championships generate huge revenue for the school. If Miami would've had the same success as Clemson they'd be paying coaches similar amounts.
No question Dabo and staff earned their salaries. And it wouldn't suprise me if booster groups pay some or much of those salaries.

The point being Miami needs to be more competitive in what they spend to be more competitive on the field.

And yet Clemson's still getting more bang for the buck.

Which option would be better for the Canes: Miami's current staff or Dabo with a bunch of unpaid volunteer assistants? 🤔
Dabo benefits from his assistants tho. Both coordinators are tops in the business

Advertisement

I would add something important.

When it comes to FACILITIES and capital campaigns, Clemson has a fund-raising advantage on us.

Clemson's approach is the right one, as far as their culture of support. When you go to a game in their stadium, you will see the abbreviation IPTAY. It stands for "I Pay Ten A Year". Now, while inflation has changed the literal meaning of this slogan, it still must be pointed out that Clemson began this phrase in 1934, with a focus on small donations (sure, it was the Great Depression, but $10 in 1934 is equivalent to $205 today).

Also, when Clemson fans travel to away games, they make sure to pay for cash items with a bunch of $2 bills, to demonstrate their economic impact. This tradition started in 1977 (and $2 in 1977 is equivalent to $9 today).

The bottom line is that Clemson's entire Athletic fund-raising capability is focused on LOTS of small donations. Meanwhile, Miami has an awful AD who puts all of his focus on large donations and premium seating options.

And more importantly, this fund-raising is what provides Clemson with the fancy facilities that their players enjoy. I'm sure they had a few big donors along the way, but Clemson does more than wait around for Carol Soffer to write a check, while doing a GoFundMe to make up the shortfall.

Last edited:
Personal attacks
Advertisement
Just wanted to drop in and say that everyone knows you’re a Hecht shill

Lmao. Pointing out an obvious truth makes me a shill.

Quick question doofus, how much money have you given to the university over the last 25 years or so?

I bet the number is special.

I would add something important.

When it comes to FACILITIES and capital campaigns, Clemson has a fund-raising advantage on us.

Clemson's approach is the right one, as far as their culture of support. When you go to a game in their stadium, you will see the abbreviation IPTAY. It stands for "I Pay Ten A Year". Now, while inflation has probably changed the literal meaning of this slogan, it still must be pointed out that Clemson began this phrase in 1934, with a focus on small donations (sure, it was the Great Depression, but $10 in 1934 is equivalent to $205 today).

Also, when Clemson fans travel to away games, they make sure to pay for cash items with a bunch of $2 bills, to demonstrate their economic impact. This tradition started in 1977 (and $2 in 1977 is equivalent to $9 today).

The bottom line is that Clemson's entire Athletic fund-raising capability is focused on LOTS of small donations. Meanwhile, Miami has an awful AD who puts all of his focus on large donations and premium seating options.

And more importantly, this fund-raising is what provides Clemson with the fancy facilities that their players enjoy. I'm sure they had a few big donors along the way, but Clemson does more than to wait around for Carol Soffer to write a check, while doing a GoFundMe to make up the shortfall.

And yet there are many uninformed suckers on the BoT who maintain James does a good job fundraising. Splash donations to make headlines and they take the bait. Meanwhile overall numbers are not impressive. There's a reason James has held the AD job for 8.5 years... Apathy.

Advertisement
Back