Was Lamar Miller a Homerun?

Are we really having a Frank Gore/Lamer Miller debate? First off, pre ACLs, Frank Gore was the best running back I have ever seen at Miami. And I'm telling you no one is a bigger Edge fan than me, just look at the user name. Frank Gore was able to get some playing time even with Portis, Mcgahee, and Davenport in front of him as a TRUE freshmen. Lamar was redshirted because we had javaris james and cooper. Frank's knees were never healthy after that and was still able to put up the same stats as Lamar was. I understand Lamar's shoulder was hurt, but it wasn't both his knees. Frank Gore won us football games with his consistent running(i.e. FSU game). Lamar was a home run runner. If he didn't have a clear hole, he was not making something out of nothing. And we couldn't count on him to score or get that extra yard for a first down.

Advertisement
I don't get why a lot of posters are confused. The title of the post asks "Was Lamar Miller a Homerun?" It doesn't say "Was Lamar Miller a Homerun Threat?" Pretty obvious to me what the OP meant.

I don't get why a lot of posters are confused. The title of the post asks "Was Lamar Miller a Homerun?" It doesn't say "Was Lamar Miller a Homerun Threat?" Pretty obvious to me what the OP meant.
To me too. So, the answer to "Was Lamar Miller a Homerun?", the answer is "no". The answer to "Was Lamar Miller a Homerun Threat?", is "yes".

Too bad the OP couldn't pose an unambiguous question.

If you're going to compare him to Edge, Portis, Gore, McGahee....then you should also compare him to RB's in the last 10 years we had come in as 4/5 star recruits:

Tyrone Moss, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, Graig Cooper, Kylan Robinson, Eduardo Clements...throw in Bryce Brown if you want to

I'd say yes - Lamar was a home run.

People got confused b/c the OP doesn't understand that in football speak "homerun" means "big play" type player. I've literally NEVER seen someone ask if someone is a great player by referring to him as a "home run". Never. You hear that from a female or some non-athlete who doesn't understand basic terms.

Advertisement
4th round draft pick. McGahee and Gore got picked one and 3 rounds ahead of him and neither of them could even walk at the time.

Nice player. Not in the class of those other guys. But his destiny is in his hands. He can go out and work hard and have a great NFL career and create his future legacy.

You're projecting based on where he went as a pro.

In terms of what he did at Miami, he outshined Gore, imho. Not in the class of the others, however.

Gore had the most potential of any, just had some bad luck with the ACL's.

I was commenting on whether he was a HR player, or a HR recruit (as far as panning out)... however you want to put it. Not about whether he was a constant threat to "take to the house."

I was using his draft slot as evidence of what the NFL thought of him compared to the other guys. As I said, with shredded knees and crutches, McG and Gore were still considered better prospects and were top 15 type overall picks if healthy.

Advertisement
Are we really having a Frank Gore/Lamer Miller debate? First off, pre ACLs, Frank Gore was the best running back I have ever seen at Miami. And I'm telling you no one is a bigger Edge fan than me, just look at the user name. Frank Gore was able to get some playing time even with Portis, Mcgahee, and Davenport in front of him as a TRUE freshmen. Lamar was redshirted because we had javaris james and cooper. Frank's knees were never healthy after that and was still able to put up the same stats as Lamar was. I understand Lamar's shoulder was hurt, but it wasn't both his knees. Frank Gore won us football games with his consistent running(i.e. FSU game). Lamar was a home run runner. If he didn't have a clear hole, he was not making something out of nothing. And we couldn't count on him to score or get that extra yard for a first down.

Miller didn't redshirt because Cooper and James were better, which is what your post suggests. Miller redshirted because RS was a corch.

Gore never ran for over 1000 yards at UM like Miller did either, and he was on better teams.

Miller rs because of a shoulder injury...

UOTE=bathtubgin;496981]
Are we really having a Frank Gore/Lamer Miller debate? First off, pre ACLs, Frank Gore was the best running back I have ever seen at Miami. And I'm telling you no one is a bigger Edge fan than me, just look at the user name. Frank Gore was able rfto get some playing time even with Portis, Mcgahee, and Davenport in front of him as a TRUE freshmen. Lamar was redshirted because we had javaris james and cooper. Frank's knees were never healthy after that and was still able to put up the same stats as Lamar was. I understand Lamar's shoulder was hurt, but it wasn't both his knees. Frank Gore won us football games with his consistent running(i.e. FSU game). Lamar was a home run runner. If he didn't have a clear hole, he was not making something out of nothing. And we couldn't count on him to score or get that extra yard for a first down.

Miller didn't redshirt because Cooper and James were better, which is what your post suggests. Miller redshirted because RS was a corch.

Gore never ran for over 1000 yards at UM like Miller did either, and he was on better teams.[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
Back