Was Lamar Miller a Homerun?

Braziliangirl

Redshirt Freshman
By miami standard's was Lamar Miller a home run. For example: Willie Mcgahee, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, and Edge most recently were all HOME RUNS

Advertisement
Can't put him up there with those guys. Not necessarily his fault, I think he had that in him, but he never got there.

I think he'd be in there with those guys if he stayed healthy and stuck around for his junior (and maybe senior) year. Those guys also played on better teams (with the possible exception of Edge), which certainly helped.

By miami standard's was Lamar Miller a home run. For example: Willie Mcgahee, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, and Edge most recently were all HOME RUNS

I don't think Miller was a home run. He was a very good RB for the Canes but not in the same class with the other guys

Advertisement
Can't put him up there with those guys. Not necessarily his fault, I think he had that in him, but he never got there.

+1

I think he had the physical tools, but injuries hampered his ability to a more complete back instead of just a speed guy IMO. He wasn't able to run with the power of a 5'11 200+ lb back due to his shoulder.

He still managed to have a 1,000+ yard season with an O-line that, I think we can all agree, underperformed. Put a healthy Lamar behind some of the o-lines Portis and McGahee had, oh boy.

I'm excited to watch him in the Pros.

IMO, he was better than Gore at Miami. Gore had an excuse, but still.

His NFL career will affect how he is remembered.

IMO, he was better than Gore at Miami. Gore had an excuse, but still.

His NFL career will affect how he is remembered.
Gore was the first option on the goal line and he scored often. Did they run Lamar on the goal line against Kansas ST last year? I remember Walford, M. James, ? Jacory. Who else got the ball?

Advertisement
Miller a "homerun"?? :rollcanes:

Thanks, bruh. I needed that. Kid has about 1/100000th of the toughness of the great backs of Miami's past. Seriously. He's soft and injury prone. The other great backs got injured as well, but they never ran scared like Miller did. He's got no less "talent" than those other backs but is saddled with the heart of a pussycat.

Advertisement

Looking at overall career no you can't but Miller with these guys but he made just as many big plays as some of those guys did at Miami and that was the question.

If Miller stayed and produced better numbers next season, then I think you can make a case. As it stands, he's a notch below.

Advertisement
4th round draft pick. McGahee and Gore got picked one and 3 rounds ahead of him and neither of them could even walk at the time.

Nice player. Not in the class of those other guys. But his destiny is in his hands. He can go out and work hard and have a great NFL career and create his future legacy.

What the **** do you cats consider a home run hitter? People i know consider a "home run threat" as a guy who can take it to the house on a givin play/ big play ability. Miller certainly fits the mold.

didnt he have the most runs for over 40yds+ in the ACC? i might be wrong, but I thought he led the ACC in longest runs..

Advertisement
Back