Warren Sapp on the Pivot

You have absolutely no idea wtf you're talking about......
The kids and coaches love him. I was taking to one of our kids the other day and I asked which old Cane he likes the most. He threw out the usual suspects and said uncle and laughed. I said “uncle”? Sapp. He’s been good to the kids and the program this off-season.

Advertisement
The kids and coaches love him. I was taking to one of our kids the other day and I asked which old Cane he likes the most. He threw out the usual suspects and said uncle and laughed. I said “uncle”? Sapp. He’s been good to the kids and the program this off-season.
I ain't buying it. Dude is a Grade A POS. Ask @Brooklyndee about the time when he was out eating with some prized recruits, and one of the recruits was dying to meet Sapp....So D goes over and asks Sapp if the kid can meet him, and Sapp tells him "Don't bring them **** kids over here"....or the time two young kids see Sapp in Publix, and approach him, and before they can get close to him, he yells to stay tf away. That's coming from a Publix store Manager who I'm friends with.

I ain't buying it. Dude is a Grade A POS. Ask @Brooklyndee about the time when he was out eating with some prized recruits, and one of the recruits was dying to meet Sapp....So D goes over and asks Sapp if the kid can meet him, and Sapp tells him "Don't bring them **** kids over here"....or the time two young kids see Sapp in Publix, and approach him, and before they can get close to him, he yells to stay tf away. That's coming from a Publix store Manager who I'm friends with.
I have a close friend that when he was a Publix store manager, he approached Sapp and said he was a huge fan. He showed him his ibis chain. He called over a bunch of other Canes, they were at a charity event, and encouraged the others to take pictures with him. He was gracious and kind. You hate him, I’ll leave it alone. I hope he’s grown up a little and maybe wasn’t as bad as you think. Not everyone is Walter Payton.

I’m not a guy who holds past transgressions against ppl, except for those who commit child, animal, &/or elder abuse.

Sometimes, these athletes feel invincible and think they can do & say anything w/ no consequence. It’s when they r forced to confront humility they change. My only hope for Warren is for all the karma he received for being an a-hole, he’s learned from it, & trying to help youngins not to go down the same course/path. Hoping he’s learned & sincerely changed.
Shocking news for people but most powerful people like celebrities / athletes are ****** people. They feel invincible , look down on people and are VERY entitled. That’s why I’ve never viewed them more than entertainers. Other than when my TV is on they don’t matter. The sad thing is the people that worship them and put them at god status. If you knew the real person you’d likely be disgusted.

Advertisement
Shocking news for people but most powerful people like celebrities / athletes are ****** people. They feel invincible , look down on people and are VERY entitled. That’s why I’ve never viewed them more than entertainers. Other than when my TV is on they don’t matter. The sad thing is the people that worship them and put them at god status. If you knew the real person you’d likely be disgusted.
"Everyone wants people they like to be right. Thats why popular people are ******* dumb."

Confused Vince Vaughn GIF by HBO Max
That’s just how the @BODESLAM rolls a FLAME of PASSION burns in this dude , I would never ask him to stop , he wouldn’t anyway.

He’s our SLAM my starting NOSE tackle blood thirsty NO GOOD BALL SLAMMER BLOOD BATH … CANE , if ever in a bloody street fight you want the SLAM with you .

GOCANES

Advertisement
And not even he was a saint. He spend all day with his wife, had a wonderful time and then put the divorce papers on the table.
No one is perfect, but when the number of negative interactions you have with people far outweigh the positive, that's an issue.

People are shocked about Sweetness acting like that, because it was out of character. Sapp being a jerk to people is almost expected. Maybe he decided to stop being a jerk to people once the cheering stopped, but I find that hard to believe. Even some of the worst people on earth manage to be nice to a couple of people in their lives....

Football is a violent game; you have to be a little crazy and deranged to play it, especially at the level Sapp performed at. His competitive spirit meant that he played the game with a monster sized chip on his shoulder. This chip is so ingrained in his DNA that its difficult for him to remove it off the field, even if his playing career is long over.

Worthless anecdotal evidence from morons in this fanbase doesn't prove that he's an ******* one way or another. I think a more accurate litmus test for his character, and integrity is the opinions and views his teammates & coaches have about him. Afterall they were the ones who had to interact with him on a much more regular & consistent basis. He talks about this in the following video starting at 48:43..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perfect way to describe sapp..is..the jock in any teen sitcom like save by the bell.

Depending on his mood you can get a jovial jock or a bully jock but you getting jock either way. I pretty much use to see him once a month at my fav sub shop in miramar which apparently was his as well.. never said a word to him though he was my fav cane growing up and I met him as a kid before. We pretty much would do the brotha man what's up nod. Lol

Dlineman are wired different, plus he has a huge ego so his personality ain't for everyone. Which is why we see so many stories about him.

so he's AC Slater?!?!

Advertisement
I don't know about Sapp, but I do know this about Dennis Erickson....I spoke to him on the phone before the 92 season, told him my name and where I was from and even which game I would be going to (which, as I told him) would be my first live Canes game. He said he hoped we could get our offense together and start kicking the **** out of some people.

We got down on the field after beating the tar out of Va Tech and I got to shake his hand and take a picture with him. Introduced myself and he remembered the rest of the details and our short conversation, including, "We kicked the **** out of them, didn't we."

Perfect way to describe sapp..is..the jock in any teen sitcom like save by the bell.

Depending on his mood you can get a jovial jock or a bully jock but you getting jock either way. I pretty much use to see him once a month at my fav sub shop in miramar which apparently was his as well.. never said a word to him though he was my fav cane growing up and I met him as a kid before. We pretty much would do the brotha man what's up nod. Lol

Dlineman are wired different, plus he has a huge ego so his personality ain't for everyone. Which is why we see so many stories about him.
To quote Arnold Palmer "You can be great at something and nice to people." Calais Campbell is an example of that, same with Frank Gore, Ed Reed and scores more Canes. Even when Mike Irvin was deep in the throws of addiction, he still found time to be civil to people. I've witnessed Warren be unacceptably rude to people not because they did something, but because he knew they wouldn't punch him in the mouth. That's trash behavior.

A classic example of Warren being an *** is when Adidas sent sneakers to past letterwinners, and he shredded them on social media. This organization is giving your alma mater huge money, and you rip them and the school on social media, just because. If you dont like the kicks, throw them away and keep it moving.

Advertisement
Back