Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

When has Miami EVER had a good OC? Granted I missed the glory years of the 80’s but I’ve followed since about 1999 and even that all time great 2001 team had Larry ******* Coker as OC.

You could make the argument that the best X’s and O’s guy we’ve ever had at OC is Rhett Lashlee.

DC is another story. We’ve had some beast coordinators there, and even though I missed the 80’s, I know who guys like Sonny Lubick are.
In the 80's, Gary Stevens was really good. In the 90's, Dennis Erickson was our HC, and he barely did that job (watch the 30 fo 30's), but he was a very good O coordinator.

Coker was actually a pretty good OC in the early 2000's. He wasn't innovative, but he created enough of a canvas for the other OC - Ken Dorsey - to paint on.

During Golden's rein, he kind of fell backward into getting Jedd Fisch onto the staff as a last minute kind of thing and Jedd extended Al's tenure by probably an additional year because he kept making up for the abortion that was D'Nofrio's D.

Advertisement
In the 80's, Gary Stevens was really good. In the 90's, Dennis Erickson was our HC, and he barely did that job (watch the 30 fo 30's), but he was a very good O coordinator.

Coker was actually a pretty good OC in the early 2000's. He wasn't innovative, but he created enough of a canvas for the other OC - Ken Dorsey - to paint on.

During Golden's rein, he kind of fell backward into getting Jedd Fisch onto the staff as a last minute kind of thing and Jedd extended Al's tenure by probably an additional year because he kept making up for the abortion that was D'Nofrio's D.
fisch only spent a year here ebfore leaving to Jags

When has Miami EVER had a good OC? Granted I missed the glory years of the 80’s but I’ve followed since about 1999 and even that all time great 2001 team had Larry ******* Coker as OC.

You could make the argument that the best X’s and O’s guy we’ve ever had at OC is Rhett Lashlee.

DC is another story. We’ve had some beast coordinators there, and even though I missed the 80’s, I know who guys like Sonny Lubick are.
earl morral, stevens, chud, fisch and lashlee (yes, i barked at him a few times bc of the **** poor run plays) were all good

Chuds was our OC from 2001-2003 and broke many school records during his tenure.

Advertisement
While I think Wake's coach is good, and I love the down field shots, how do you convince a former OL coach, who has recruited Olinemen at an elite level, to play finesse football? The Olinemen aren't firing off the ball, so they can slow play the defense into declaring what they want to do. If you watch the video, sometimes Hartman is reading 3 guys in one play. I don't see how a guy like Mark Fletcher is a fit in this offense.

Advertisement
I hear Chud and Mario talk quite a bit on the low about program.
There was some backlash when Chuds name popped up in the past about coaching searches however he shared something with Butch being one of the only guys that actually made the Browns respectable for decades. He could coach. I know it’s in the past for him but I would like to see him involved here in some capacity (like Butch actually)

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's not. It's a gimmicky, system-based offense that takes years to get the right personnel in to perfect. For reference, Wake went 3-9, 3-9 and 7-6 before finally winning 8 games in Clawson's 4th year. Oh, and they've won double digit games exactly once in the 9 years he's been there. Mario needs to win immediately
Give me strength...

Why are people not even putting in the effort to read a thread or do some actual research? It's been discussed and stated ad nauseam why Wake Forest struggled with Clawson at the start.

For the final time: They had a guy sending playbooks, training tape, gameplans and even newly put in trick plays via mail to opposing coaches.

We complain about Dabo and his gazillion grad assistants stealing signals from the opposing sideline, this was far worse.

Advertisement
There was some backlash when Chuds name popped up in the past about coaching searches however he shared something with Butch being one of the only guys that actually made the Browns respectable for decades. He could coach. I know it’s in the past for him but I would like to see him involved here in some capacity (like Butch actually)
People who I respect hold Chad in very high grounds. He supposedly a very high Football IQ guy. From my understanding, Chud has given Mario some consultation on certain things with the program.

Advertisement
Back