Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Advertisement
that system would work here. Some of yall are stuck on the slow mesh term. Its not a complicated concept. Wake Forest just popularized it. Phil Longo and other oc’s run the same ****. Delayed rpo. Nothing gimmicky about a rpo based offense.
I think the concerns about the length of time it would take to operate at a highly successful level at Miami are valid, but anyone questioning the productivity of the offense is insane. Six straight years of 32+ppg in our conference with inferior talent…like what else do you want? Don’t get me wrong, he’s not my #1, 2 or 3…but he’s a **** good OC.

Mario has emphasized this is going to be a long process of talent infusion with tons of growing pains, and this would fit right in.

Whoever Ruggiero would bring with him to coach WR needs to be able to recruit. Its a pretty **** important attribute after Gattis misses. Unless of course Mario convinces someone like James Coley to come over as WR coach.

But that would be its own issue. We just went through that type of thing with Ponce being a Mario guy, not a Gattis guy (as if it would've mattered). We don't need to go through that nonsense again. OC needs his own guy.

Advertisement
No.

Ruggiero and Clawson created the Slow Mesh in 2017 in response to Wakeyleaks scandal prior to that they ran a typical spread offense.

Read the multiple links provided in this thread

That “gimmicky” offense was created in January, implemented in spring and preseason camp and scored 35 points a game in the fall.
Alot here have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to wakes offense.

That same year wake finished 21st in the country for offense. The first year they implemented it.

Money.

I see something on the net about Ruggiero making around $740K either this year or in 2020. (It's a paywall and I can only see the description.) If Miami is going to pay him similar to what it paid Gattis, you are looking at him potentially doubling his pay.
They would have to pay him like gattis. 740k in winston is like 1.5 million in miami.

Advertisement
What have I missed? What smoke is there pinning Ruggiero to us? Or is this just everyone's fever dream pickup?
Not a whole lot. Some Twitter talk arose re: Ruggiero and now everyone is speculating.

As much as I poke fun at the speculation, these things materialize every now and then so I don't dismiss it entirely either.

Advertisement
I'd be very pleased with this hire but it's unlikely IMHO.

Maybe someone could rectify but Wake offense doesn’t put much emphasis on the running game. I remember that Kenneth Walker transferred to Michigan State for this reason.

I think it’s a non-starter with Mario, it will be the equivalent of him hiring Hal Mumme.

View attachment 225267

Yup exactly what I posted above

They haven't ran for 4 ypr in any of the last 4 seasons

That being said...Maybe he can adapt and he'll realize either this season or next, he will have a much better OL to begin with. Maybe some of it was Clawson?

Don't get me wrong...Their results are excellent with WHAT THEY DO. But you need have more balance to win big in CFB.

Advertisement
that system would work here. Some of yall are stuck on the slow mesh term. Its not a complicated concept. Wake Forest just popularized it. Phil Longo and other oc’s run the same ****. Delayed rpo. Nothing gimmicky about a rpo based offense.
Oh I concur

It's hard to watch (just imo)...But it can definitely work.

I'm just alarmed that the last 4 years though their running game has ranged from slightly below average to poor...I think that's a red flag myself and that's even before we get into Cristobal's preferences. But that could also be weakness at the OL position. Which won't be the case with Cristobal and Mirabal.

Oh I concur

It's hard to watch (just imo)...But it can definitely work.

I'm just alarmed that the last 4 years though their running game has ranged from slightly below average to poor...I think that's a red flag myself and that's even before we get into Cristobal's preferences. But that could also be weakness at the OL position. Which won't be the case with Cristobal and Mirabal.

I agree

Have a better and more talented OL and roster should allow a more balanced attack

In my opinion, wake has been one of the best WR developmental programs in the country over the past ~5 years. They turn a 3 star into a stud every year.
Thats why I said what I said. Def would open up our portal options though.

Advertisement
Back