Rumor Warren Ruggiero?

Of course TVD isn't a read and ride guy. But he thrived in Lashlee's RPO. We just signed 2 kids that will tear it up in the slot. We just upgraded our offensive athletically. This guy is a proven OC with stats to prove it over an extended period of time.

With lesser talent at a school that is also private and has an undergrad about 2,500

They consistently do more with less and have knocked off some much more talented teams over the years.

Give me talent + scheme and let’s ride

Advertisement
Stop your bull****.

He HAD NO personnel when he started at Wake. They had to recruit better players, which they did, and Wake got better every year.

Your "statistical analysis" skills are as bad as crossover's and Mackbammer's.
And they had that little scandal where a former employee was giving every opposing team the playbook for 3+ seasons.

This thread is CIS in all its glory

Multipage thread based on a tweet from an unknown fan. Multiple attacks on each other that probably carried over from previous discussions. Dragging a pretty good coach for petty grievances.

Y’all like a soap opera.

Fact is Ruggiero has been with Clawson for almost 15 years and he is 56 years old. I don’t see him leaving now.

It’s been posted no less than 14 times in this thread that what you’re saying doesn’t tell the whole story. The first three years he was handicapped by the fact that the color commentator, a former fired coach, was stealing a copy of the playbook each week and giving it to that weeks opponents. Look up Wakey Leaks.

They figured it out before the Louisville game in 2016.

That offseason he developed the slow mesh.

2017 they jump from 20ppg to 35ppg
Let’s not make excuses… let’s just call it what it is. HE IMPROVED. Why do some deem it impossible to improve over time?

People looking up half a decade old stats? If you gotta go back to 2016/17 to prove your point then you already have your answer.

step brothers brennan GIF
Now that the pieces are falling, the mopes and everyone else are suddenly joining forces......

ghostbusters GIF

Advertisement

Multipage thread based on a tweet from an unknown fan. Multiple attacks on each other that probably carried over from previous discussions. Dragging a pretty good coach for petty grievances.

Y’all like a soap opera.

Fact is Ruggiero has been with Clawson for almost 15 years and he is 56 years old. I don’t see him leaving now.
Also, suggestions of ex-players to fill assistant coach positions

Interesting when you look at Wake's #'s

Looking at the last 3 seasons...Scoring Offense is great, Yards per play is pretty middle of the pack nationally and in the ACC. I expected to see great red zone #'s but it was pretty middle of the pack as well.

Wake does force a ton of turnovers so likely see a lot of short fields.

I am so sick and tired of being outcoached game after game after game after game....

With Ruggiero, we would actually, dare I even speak it....???....outcoach other teams!!

(Covers mouth quickly and acts like he didn't say anything)
We better hope so because aint nobody else on this staph can out scheme anyoN.E.

That slow developing RPO stuff seems really susceptible to fast, disruptive defenses. The only non ACC P5 teams Wake has played worth a **** in the last 4 years have held them under 30 in every game.

Advertisement
People are asking legit questions and blow hards are criticizing as usual.

To the comments that he would be the best OC we have had in decades: we’ve sucked for 2 decades and I don’t see a future schedule that has us playing Miami Team 2003-2022…

We invested in the program and the coaching staff and are trying to build to beat Georgia, the current king of the hill, not our former terrible teams.

Gattis was a Broyles winner and sucked the most *** we have sucked in 40 years. TVD apparently couldn’t grasp his offense and it looked like it killed the whole QB room.

Why is it unfair to ask questions to understand who and what we may be getting as our new OC and how it may play out in 2023, etc?

Y’all want discussion and not 400 page threads of nonsense, until you try to kill it by being know it all ********.
Yea and no. Some comments are legitimate. Some are just miserable *****.

Y’all like a soap opera.

He's not. It's a gimmicky, system-based offense that takes years to get the right personnel in to perfect. For reference, Wake went 3-9, 3-9 and 7-6 before finally winning 8 games in Clawson's 4th year. Oh, and they've won double digit games exactly once in the 9 years he's been there. Mario needs to win immediately.

The 'insiders' like Caneville et al are a pathetic microcosm of the fanbase. Zero juice and 100% speculation based on aggregating hot topics on messages boards like this one. It's the same mouthbreathers that swore up and down that Mario was hiring Ponce as OC when he ended up coming on as QB coach. It's the same imbeciles like MackBammer that are so sure that Arroyo is replacing Gattis.

Oh and Coley? This isn't 2014 and Al Golden isn't our HC. As WR coach? Sure, why not, but Mario would be better off running it back with Gattis if he was going to make Coley his play caller. Also, LOL at the idea of Kevin Beard coming back as WR coach. Guy isn't even on field at Toledo but he 'played for Miami bro'. Get Hank out of the NFL if you want a former Miami receiver so bad.

I can’t stand the slow mesh concept! Half of the time the QB stands there with the ball in the belly of the RB until one or both get destroyed. That’s really my only negative except thinking about Walker being an average back until he transferred to MSU.

Does this possibly explain Hartman’s transfer to ND?
The ppg stats seem at odds with the rushing ypc of 3.3, 111th in the country. If you can get that many points though, I’m all for it. Wake got their yds and pts through the air on big plays, that’s not Mario’s MO so we’ll see if this is a legit option

Last edited:
He's not. It's a gimmicky, system-based offense that takes years to get the right personnel in to perfect. For reference, Wake went 3-9, 3-9 and 7-6 before finally winning 8 games in Clawson's 4th year. Oh, and they've won double digit games exactly once in the 9 years he's been there. Mario needs to win immediately.

The 'insiders' like Caneville et al are a pathetic microcosm of the fanbase. Zero juice and 100% speculation based on aggregating hot topics on messages boards like this one. It's the same mouthbreathers that swore up and down that Mario was hiring Ponce as OC when he ended up coming on as QB coach. It's the same imbeciles like MackBammer that are so sure that Arroyo is replacing Gattis.

Oh and Coley? This isn't 2014 and Al Golden isn't our HC. As WR coach? Sure, why not, but Mario would be better off running it back with Gattis if he was going to make Coley his play caller. Also, LOL at the idea of Kevin Beard coming back as WR coach. Guy isn't even on field at Toledo but he 'played for Miami bro'. Get Hank out of the NFL if you want a former Miami receiver so bad.
Your whole argument is wrong. That 4th year that they “jumped” and “finally had the personnel to run it” was the first year they implemented the slow mesh offense. 20ppg to 35ppg that year.

And it’s wake. So they are still 2 and 3 star players.

I want Mullen. But Ruggerio isn’t anything to scoff at.

Also you’re still a baby backed ***** in here crying every day.

Advertisement

Y’all like a soap opera.

thats my only hang up. why would he leave clawson for a non HC job. it owuld be like mirabal leaving mario

Y’all like a soap opera.

That avatar gets me every time

Advertisement

No.

Ruggiero and Clawson created the Slow Mesh in 2017 in response to Wakeyleaks scandal prior to that they ran a typical spread offense.

Read the multiple links provided in this thread

That “gimmicky” offense was created in January, implemented in spring and preseason camp and scored 35 points a game in the fall.

thats my only hang up. why would he leave clawson for a non HC job. it owuld be like mirabal leaving mario
Money.

I see something on the net about Ruggiero making around $740K either this year or in 2020. (It's a paywall and I can only see the description.) If Miami is going to pay him similar to what it paid Gattis, you are looking at him potentially doubling his pay.

Advertisement
Back