Visitors

Advertisement
Mjackson6, how would you compare Delaney's skill set to Corn Elder's?

Not similar at all. Both are good in coverage but just different styles. I think he can be what Corn was to us as a number 1 corner that you throw onto the best receiver on the other team but he's going to lock you down in a different way. Not as good of a tackler but more range, length, and has more of a track record as a ball hawk getting interceptions than Corn. We couldn't even throw his way because our receivers were blanketed and in zone he was so fast breaking on the ball and jumping routes.

He hasn't had coaching like Rumph and he's still as good as he is.. projected 3-5 rounder is what I read. If he buys in and improves technique he could be a 2nd rounder. Corn is a nickel all the way in the NFL Dee is pure boundary corner and exactly what you're looking for there

Delaney looks like a good size CB too.

Big and physical CB in this system would be a nice match. This can't help but shoot his draft grade through the roof. Perfect system for his skill set.

He's huge. We saw 6'0 on their roster and watching film and our receivers were coming to the sidelines saying he plays like he's 6'3 because his arm length and if he's been taught one thing at the Citadel it's how to jam dudes at the line.

Also has good make up speed to go with it which is a rare combination. We just weren't talented enough to expose him in any way. He is inconsistent in his technique which you'd expect from an FCS player. He may need to be exposed by Ahmmon or something to make him realize the talent differential to let it set in that he has to be locked in 100% of the time. The physical tools are there and NFL ready.

I hear Rumph preaching about being a pro and preparing like a pro and that's what I've heard Colbert say was the biggest difference in why he was so good here. That exact mind set and type of coaching might be exactly what he needs to hear.

That's avantae williams. All black people don't look alike

Did someone say they did?

Avantae and Lo are cousins, both were tagged in the post, and both have similar hair styles. At a quick glance, pretty easy to mistake one for the other, I think.

Advertisement
That's avantae williams. All black people don't look alike

Did someone say they did?

Avantae and Lo are cousins, both were tagged in the post, and both have similar hair styles. At a quick glance, pretty easy to mistake one for the other, I think.

At quick glance....All black people don't look alike

troll-blu-ray-movie-review-530x288.webp

Lingard just posted couple pics from locker room , anyone know who's in the 55 jersey with the hammer

IMG_3920.webp

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mjackson6, how would you compare Delaney's skill set to Corn Elder's?

Not similar at all. Both are good in coverage but just different styles. I think he can be what Corn was to us as a number 1 corner that you throw onto the best receiver on the other team but he's going to lock you down in a different way. Not as good of a tackler but more range, length, and has more of a track record as a ball hawk getting interceptions than Corn. We couldn't even throw his way because our receivers were blanketed and in zone he was so fast breaking on the ball and jumping routes.

He hasn't had coaching like Rumph and he's still as good as he is.
. projected 3-5 rounder is what I read. If he buys in and improves technique he could be a 2nd rounder. Corn is a nickel all the way in the NFL Dee is pure boundary corner and exactly what you're looking for there

Not to just beat up on the guy...but honestly the citadel cb coach has a way more extensive and better resume than Mike Rumph. Theres a reason he is a projected 3rd-5th rounder and the kid is very technical.

But Delaney was the guy i liked over Baker from the jump. I think he fits in with what we want to do as well. Played against UNC last year and in a pretty good fcs league

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back