Updates

Advertisement
His buyout is $14m or #2.41m per year. UNC owes him that money but if he gets paid to coach then they owe him whatever is the difference between his new contract and the buyout.

Not sure why you are having a hard time understanding this. It’s simple math. His salary wherever he goes is going to be $1. That way UNC pays his full buyout and his new school essentially pays nothing.

Advertisement
Manny should have no problem convincing Fedora that Miami is a better spot for him. If he can’t do that, it’s a major failure. Okie State is an inferior program all around.

Wouldn’t be so sure of that, especially from an offensive coordinator’s view. Have had better QBs than Miami recently and play in a high scoring conference. And likely could pay more than Miami as well. Plus he has history there.

I’d be happy with either. Although I think fedora is better, applewhite certainly isn’t a poor consolation prize.

You clearly have not actually taken the time to do any sort of research on Applewhite. He’s done nothing.

Applewhite is a dunce. If we go from Fedora to Major while FSU gets Kendall I’m just going to assume that someone somewhere is personally trying to ruin my life.

Advertisement
Dirk Koetter.
He was the guy everyone was claiming had been signed, sealed and delivered as Randy Shannon's OC.
Didn't turn out that way.
Starting to get that vibe.
Was just gonna respond to that. Applewhite's name getting leaked is giving me deja vu.

-Koetter had just been fired at Arizona St.
-Erin Andrews announces during the Blue Turf Bowl that Randy is targeting Koetter for his OC.
-Koetter takes an NFL gig
-We end up with Pat Nix

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dirk Koetter.
He was the guy everyone was claiming had been signed, sealed and delivered as Randy Shannon's OC.
Didn't turn out that way.
Starting to get that vibe.
And then we got Mark Whipple....ehh at least Applewhite isn’t Whipple.

Not sure why you are having a hard time understanding this. It’s simple math. His salary wherever he goes is going to be $1. That way UNC pays his full buyout and his new school essentially pays nothing.

That just isn't how it works. In fact, he could have a clause where he agrees to find work. He likely has to report that income so UNC does can reduce what they pay him. That is the condition of him getting paid by two schools.

Advertisement
Back