Updated (Five-Star prospect Jalil Bethea has announced a commitment to Miami)

Advertisement
Gary Parrish of CBS Sports has Bethea as the #3 pick in next year's nba draft -- behind only Cooper Flagg and Ace Bailey (Rutgers). Anyone have anything to add about the bolded part of his comment?

Jalil Bethea (Miami)
Proven shooters like Reed Sheppard, Jared McCain and Dalton Knecht have never been more valuable than they are today, which is why all three were selected in the first round of the 2024 NBA Draft. Next year's top candidate to be the best shooter among legitimate prospects is probably Bethea, a 6-4 guard from Pennsylvania who signed with Miami after making more than 40% of the 3-pointers he attempted on the EYBL circuit last year. He's an athlete with deep range who should be spacing floors in the NBA for many years to come as long as he can alleviate some concerns about his maturity and approach to the game.

Gary Parrish of CBS Sports has Bethea as the #3 pick in next year's nba draft -- behind only Cooper Flagg and Ace Bailey (Rutgers). Anyone have anything to add about the bolded part of his comment?

Jalil Bethea (Miami)
Proven shooters like Reed Sheppard, Jared McCain and Dalton Knecht have never been more valuable than they are today, which is why all three were selected in the first round of the 2024 NBA Draft. Next year's top candidate to be the best shooter among legitimate prospects is probably Bethea, a 6-4 guard from Pennsylvania who signed with Miami after making more than 40% of the 3-pointers he attempted on the EYBL circuit last year. He's an athlete with deep range who should be spacing floors in the NBA for many years to come as long as he can alleviate some concerns about his maturity and approach to the game.
That’s not the first time I’ve read a comment about maturity potentially being an issue with Bethea

Advertisement
Bethea is no worse than any other 17-18 yr old. But he has (or had from what I was told) the typical Philly guard edge. So people may take some body language and/or how he Carries himself in general the wrong way. What’s scary is he has the elite athleticism too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Splitting time with Pack. The truth is neither are natural 1’s but either were Pack and Wong. But if they can both challenge the defense the way Pack and Wong did, then I think it can work.

I think this team has a very high ceiling IF:

1) Kidd stays healthy &
2) Jalen and Nigel can deliver at the 1.

I think Staton McCray is gonna surprise too.

Advertisement
I think this team has a very high ceiling IF:

1) Kidd stays healthy &
2) Jalen and Nigel can deliver at the 1.

I think Staton McCray is gonna surprise too.
The issues for me are:
Your number 2, and how much production do we get from the 4 and 5.

1-3 should give us a lot of scoring with Pack, Jalen and Cleveland starting, and Bethea coming off the bench.

The issues for me are:
Your number 2, and how much production do we get from the 4 and 5.

1-3 should give us a lot of scoring with Pack, Jalen and Cleveland starting, and Bethea coming off the bench.
Bethea didn't come here to sit the bench. Worse case scenario for him I think is to maybe start the season off the bench while logging starter minutes and sliding into the starting 5 at some point during the season, likely before conference play begins. All the mock drafts I've seen are currently projecting Bethea to be a 1st rounder in 2025, with many having him go in the top 10.

Advertisement
Back