Updated (Five-Star prospect Jalil Bethea has announced a commitment to Miami)

Advertisement
Bad defense by 2 guys. First the poor close out and bad reach, and then failing to take away the baseline.
Was in good help position near the midline but did a poor job of closing out and meeting the ball outside the paint. Once the ball gets in the lane it’s tough to make a play defensively. I love the finish above the rim though. GO CANES!!

I think this team has a very high ceiling IF:

1) Kidd stays healthy &
2) Jalen and Nigel can deliver at the 1.

I think Staton McCray is gonna surprise too.
I'm really bullish on Staton-McCray and believe he might actually fit the best next to Pack in the starting lineup with his size (6'5, 200) and skillset. Kid put up good numbers and shooting splits on a 29 win Samford team that probably should have knocked off Kansas in the 1st round.

Advertisement
LoL commenting about poor defensive rotation in nothing more than a pickup game equivalent.
Disagree. You play like you practice. Does that clip actually mean anything… no… but the lack of close out is consistent with freshman defensive instincts (or lack thereof) which makes it more likely that the prognostications of Arigu not seeing minutes this year are correct.

Disagree. You play like you practice. Does that clip actually mean anything… no… but the lack of close out is consistent with freshman defensive instincts (or lack thereof) which makes it more likely that the prognostications of Arigu not seeing minutes this year are correct.
Don't think he was going to play much anyways but I don't think you read much into one clip

Not to mention our defense quite often last season.

Advertisement
Do you know if this was an official practice? Limited view but I don't see a coach on the floor. Only thing from this video is Bethea has some hops.

Do you know if this was an official practice? Limited view but I don't see a coach on the floor. Only thing from this video is Bethea has some hops.
It’s a scrimmage that they’re filming and scoring.

I’m hopeful Bethea is gonna posterize more than a few guys this year in live game action… but that’s a freshman (albeit a super elite one) giving another freshman his welcome to college moment.

Again it’s just one clip and his initial positioning i think was actually pretty decent but if you don’t close out you’re giving up a guaranteed bucket every time.

All I’m saying is I think that’s one small example of why theres a good chance we won’t see much of him this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back