UNC vs JMU

Advertisement
Alex Payne looks like a pretty good OL prospect for the 2025 class.
Just Saying Devils Advocate GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not spending is a choice by their administration, just like it was at UM. They have an incredibly wealthy alumni base in basically SEC country. If they decided to spend, they’d be a force.

As for Florida , since Lane doesn’t rely on recruiting HS kids, why go to UF then? They can’t pay their NIL bills. HCs want to be there to recruit the state of Florida. Jimmy Johnson said Florida was much tougher to recruit against than FSU. UNC has better academics and a far , far easier path to a conference championship.
Unfortunately for them they can’t just print the money. Carolina isn’t even a top 25 school if you measure the dollar amount donations to the athletic department in the past couple decades. I’d be pretty confident in saying UF athletics probably gets close to double the donations UNC does. You’re talking about a 200+ million dollar difference. Probably closer to 300.

UNC pay basketball guys. Been doing it for decades. That’s the lifeblood of their school. And it’s a **** of a lot easier to pay 7 guys, than it is, 57.

Saying they have rich alumni means nothing. If it did, Harvard would win every title every year.

Advertisement
Unfortunately for them they can’t just print the money. Carolina isn’t even a top 25 school if you measure the dollar amount donations to the athletic department in the past couple decades. I’d be pretty confident in saying UF athletics probably gets close to double the donations UNC does. You’re talking about a 200+ million dollar difference. Probably closer to 300.

UNC pay basketball guys. Been doing it for decades. That’s the lifeblood of their school. And it’s a **** of a lot easier to pay 7 guys, than it is, 57.

Saying they have rich alumni means nothin
g. If it did, Harvard would win every title every year.
This is what i tried to tell guys who scream the same about Georgia Tech.

Giving up a 50 burger by half at home is a low water mark... a team just a couple seasons removed from FCS putting in its reserves for the second half is about as embarrassing as it gets. **** Mack and #FUNC

Advertisement
Back