UNC vs JMU

Scorching hot take- if Lane Kiffin had a choice between UF or UNC, I think UNC is the better job right now. Far easier path to being a playoff contender every year. Wouldn’t have to go head to head with Cristobal for Florida recruits, and pretty good HS football in the Carolinas and Virginia/DC/MD area where he’d have a stronger presence.
Absolutely not. Lane doesn’t heavily rely on recruiting HS kids. UNC has a ceiling and won’t spend money on football. Nothing about UNC is easier than UF.

Advertisement
I sure wish Miami could get a crack at unc brown this year. I would love some Mario pettiness. The sooner we get them back on the schedule the better.

Screenshot 2024-09-21 153553.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely not. Lane doesn’t heavily rely on recruiting HS kids. UNC has a ceiling and won’t spend money on football. Nothing about UNC is easier than UF.

Not spending is a choice by their administration, just like it was at UM. They have an incredibly wealthy alumni base in basically SEC country. If they decided to spend, they’d be a force.

As for Florida , since Lane doesn’t rely on recruiting HS kids, why go to UF then? They can’t pay their NIL bills. HCs want to be there to recruit the state of Florida. Jimmy Johnson said Florida was much tougher to recruit against than FSU. UNC has better academics and a far , far easier path to a conference championship.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back