UNC Greensboro Game

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Really liked the way we played tonight...

Had a really good shooting night absolutely filling it up from 3 shooting 48% & 53% from the floor.

We out rebounded them by 6 & particularly on the Defensive boards & played good overall team Defense once again.

We had 3 double digit scorers in Miller, Wong & Pack & Miller had a fantastic game with 19 & 7 shooting 66% from the floor.

Omier is already tied for 2nd in the nation in Rebounding (obviously it’s just 2 games lol) but this kid will easily lead the ACC in rebounds, he’s an absolute Glass cleaner & owns the paint on the Boards. That will be a huge component for us this year considering we didn’t have anywhere near as good a rebounder on last year’s squad.

Really like the way we’ve been coming out in the 2nd half of these games, I actually prefer to be a 2nd half team rather than empty the whole mag in the 1st half.

We turned the ball over too much, but that’s more of a ebbs & flows kinda thing.

If we can get performances like this from guys like Wooga, Miller, Beverly & Joseph on a regular basis in conjunction with Omier, Wong & Pack, we’re gonna be a tough team to beat come January & on.

Advertisement
This was a nice early season test against a decent team. We responded well after a sluggish first 16 minutes or so. Some notes

- If we can get this kind of production out of Bev, watch out. Not only did he sink 3 3’s, he played solid D, ran the offense, and didn’t commit any bad mistakes. He seems to really know what his role is and he’s embracing it.
- Wooga has come a long way from the end of last season, although I still feel like he has a long way to go, especially on offense.
- His breakaway dunk was awesome, but Walker is such a frustrating player. I hope L gives Casey a few more minutes going forward.
- Wong struggled for most of the night but I’m not too concerned. He seems to have his best games when it matters most.
- Pack looked a little uncomfortable in the 1st half but he seemed to settle in down the stretch. I expect him to play better as the season progresses, just like with Moore last year.
- same goes for Omier. The 11 boards were nice, but he struggled offensively with 5 turnovers. I’d like to see him be more aggressive going forward.
- Miller is arguably the most important player on this team. Great game from him tonight.
- the refs were absolutely atrocious. It’s pretty sad that this team gets housed at home by the refs against a Mid major. Some of the foul calls on Joseph in particular were complete garbage.

Overall, still a lot to work on but I’ll take a double digit win against a decent team.

Advertisement
Back