UM Notes (offense) from Sports Buzz

IMO Scott will be our best WR and Duke our best RB this year.

i just cant see it man. Hurns is to reliable, especially if 100%. Hurns will be Morris' safety blanket. Dorsett and Scott will get whats left with Cleveland, Walford, Crawford, and Duke getting touches.

Duke will be our most explosive back but I expect Clements to emerge as the starter at some point in the season. That guy just blasts through holes.

Advertisement
Not saying Duke doesnt have the potential I am just worried about his durability as a freshmen vs grown men seniors.

The pressure on Morris this year is astounding. Not sure he is up to the challenge but the boys up front can do a lot for him if they play up to their potential.

The pressure on Morris this year is astounding. Not sure he is up to the challenge but the boys up front can do a lot for him if they play up to their potential.

i would think the the pressure on him to have a decent year is high but noone expects this team to win anything so it wont be hard to overachieve.

We get that running game going and can feature our two athletic TEs can go a long way. TE is the QBs best friend.

Advertisement

We get that running game going and can feature our two athletic TEs can go a long way. TE is the QBs best friend.

Yup. We have some guys who can do some things at RB and TE but these guys are going to have to have career years if we are going to go anywhere.

I have faith in Fisch though.

Ive been the chief engineer driving the Rashaun Scott train around the internet for over a year now. Even tho its been lonely, I knew it was a matter of time before others would want to get on-board. Because Ethnic is the first rider, I'll waive the fair of 1 ounce of silver for him to ride along. (you didnt think I was gonna accept a fiat currency, didja? :) ) Make note, by late September Im anticipating that it will be standing room only.

Not to poo poo on this thread but Im still very skeptical of Morris as a starting QB. Ive never seen anything from him that has led me to believe that he can lead us to victory against a quality opponent.

I have little or no opinion of Ryan Williams. I need to see him in game action.

Could be pre-season optimism, but I've been excited about the offense's potential for a while now.

IMO the key will be the offensive line. If we play stronger in the trenches, I think we'll score points. We're inexperienced, but we got an infusion of talent.

I want to be there with you but I just don't see the big play ability. Not saying it won't emerge or can't but there is nothing proven on our offense right now. Kind of exciting but scary as well.

I really really like Fisch though. He had some great moments last year and we missed a lot of opportunities. Playing a so-so schedule some good play calling can really make a difference.

This is why I'm excited about what that article says, rather than just assuming it's the same big hat, no cattle talk of the last decade. Fisch went through some growing pains at times last year but I think he's going to end up as one of the better OC's we've had here in a while (OK, that's not saying much...but he's got a higher ceiling than Chud). I agree with CAA that it's all going to come down to the offensive line. We've got talent at the skill positions that will emerge IMO. In particular, I absolutely love that he's going to be using a 2 TE attack. Using them like a poor man's version of Gronk/Hernandez could really **** up some opposing defenses next year.

Advertisement
There'll be a significant difference solely on the fact Morris' confidence in his arm will allow us to use the middle of the field. We'll see if he has the touch necessary, but Jacory literally avoided the middle of the field for fear of making a poor read or having someone undercut one his less than powerful tosses.

Not to poo poo on this thread but Im still very skeptical of Morris as a starting QB. Ive never seen anything from him that has led me to believe that he can lead us to victory against a quality opponent.

I have little or no opinion of Ryan Williams. I need to see him in game action.

I'm not really worried about Morris. I've been one of his toughest critics, but I think we can move the ball with mediocre QB play. It's the ACC way.

Once we get good+ play from the position, we could get extremely dangerous.

The only thing that can kill us is bad QB play.

I'm thinking we might see more wildcat thrown in. They did it last year with James and now you throw in Duke and Dallas, who both used it some in high school, and I think you got some potential there. And obviously Morris can run pretty well and you have Dorsett who can bring some speed. It's time to get creative.

No one mentions the part where they said Mike James had a toe injury? Dude had turf toe last year and he got it in like game 2 or 3. Played the whole year with it. Instead of getting crazy criticism he should be looked at as tough - guys sit out in the league when they got that. I truly think that's a big reason his yards per carry dipped from just under 6 to just under 4. expecting big things from him this year.

Advertisement
I think Hurns will be the #1 WR and it won't even be close. Could go over 1000 yards receiving this year. Hankerson SR year type of year.

Advertisement

Ive been the chief engineer driving the Rashaun Scott train around the internet for over a year now. Even tho its been lonely, I knew it was a matter of time before others would want to get on-board. Because Ethnic is the first rider, I'll waive the fair of 1 ounce of silver for him to ride along. (you didnt think I was gonna accept a fiat currency, didja? :) ) Make note, by late September Im anticipating that it will be standing room only.
I'll admit, i was skeptical when we signed him. But based on what i've heard from spring practice and his gains in S&C, i am ready to believe Scott can be a go-to guy.

I think Hurns is solid, but don't see him as a clear difference-maker. More of a solid no.2/3 guy.

Duke, he's too good to hold back. He's Gore as a frosh, but doesnt have Portis ahead of him.

we are gonna roll out much more athleticism across the board on offense this year

NCAA better prepare their anuses

41.gif

I think Hurns will be the #1 WR and it won't even be close. Could go over 1000 yards receiving this year. Hankerson SR year type of year.

I'm with you on this... The kid is the total package... Can catch, block, run routes and has decent speed... Just needs to stay healthy... He'll have a breakout year... Scott is good but I think Hurns is running it...

Advertisement
Back