UF vs Miami series thread

Advertisement
As you're watching the series this weekend, it's important to remember Florida is the best in the country. We have maybe three players who would start for them- including pitchers.

I still want to beat the **** out of them, but hopefully understanding no matter what happens in this series we can still accomplish the goals of the CWS, ACC without winning the series.

A win makes it all the more likely- of course.

4-0 UF top 4. I tuned in late and just saw a two out two strike blooper to score the last 2 UF runs.

Wow. So pathetic. Lead off double. Barr singles. 1st and 3rd no outs.

Collins pops it up.
Barr picked off at first.

The gators are in our head.

LOL. Runner on 3rd with no outs and our 3 and 4 hitters can't get him in.

And some of you thought we could beat Florida.

Advertisement
Tough to beat the number one team in the country anyways, but when you have runners on the corners, no outs and an all-American up to bat you gotta capatilize.

Despite being 4-0 coming into tonight, we can't hit for **** and our pitching is vastly overrated. This is not going to be a very fun season in my opinion.

Advertisement
As you're watching the series this weekend, it's important to remember Florida is the best in the country. We have maybe three players who would start for them- including pitchers.

I still want to beat the **** out of them, but hopefully understanding no matter what happens in this series we can still accomplish the goals of the CWS, ACC without winning the series.

And whose fault is it that Miami has no business beating Florida? In case you missed the past 40 years, we used to be pretty good. Now we're going into the Florida series expecting to lose and just hoping to do well in the ACC.

Many of us saw this five years ago. But instead of being proactive and landing an up and comer like Mark Kingston, we actually extended the mastermind behind this clown show and have already determined that the next coach will be that guy's right hand man.

Advertisement

At what point is it fair for we as Miami (FL) fans to start expecting wins against UF, and to judge the state of our program based upon our performance against them? Is next year too soon? 2026?

In my opinion, the fact that we have maybe three players who would start for them (I'll take your word on that), is an indictment of our program, not an excuse to get our asses handed to us for the 8th year in a row.

Last edited:
Advertisement

At one point is it fair for we as Miami (FL) fans to start expecting wins against UF, and to judge the state of our program based upon our performance against them? Is next year too soon? 2026?

In my opinion, the fact that we have maybe three players who would start for them (I'll take your word on that), is an indictment of our program, not an excuse to get our asses handed to us for the 8th year in a row.

How many championships has UF won in Baseball? Doubtful if we had a different coach that the program would be even better. 11.7 Scholarships favors public universities a huge advantage.

At one point is it fair for we as Miami (FL) fans to start expecting wins against UF, and to judge the state of our program based upon our performance against them? Is next year too soon? 2026?

How many championships has UF won in Baseball? Doubtful if we had a different coach that the program would be even better. 11.7 Scholarships favors public universities a huge advantage.

I'm not even expecting a championship. The days of the Omaha second place trophy being used as a bathroom door stop are long over.

How about beating UF in a series once in 8 years though?

Advertisement
Back