TVD Injury

There were a lot of knowns and unknowns about TVD’s tenure at Miami that was discussed on these and many other boards relentlessly. He didn’t live up to the hype train in ‘23 after his performance in ‘22 that even Mario contributed to.

Want never ceases to amaze me is the obsession with players that leave and the continued bashing of said players by “fans” most of which never even stepped on a blade of football field grass. These “fans” haven’t a clue about what it takes to be a college football player.

I’m in no way, shape, or form defending TVD but the fact of the matter is he’s no longer a Miami Hurricane and we ALL should move on - especially with the potential our current team has this year.
It's unreasonable to think that he's not going to be discussed especially when he took shots at his own fanbase, while still here. He brought a lot of it upon himself.

Advertisement
It's unreasonable to think that he's not going to be discussed especially when he took shots at his own fanbase, while still here. He brought a lot of it upon himself.
No doubt about the shots but they’re irrelevant considering where the team is currently. Mario made sure we weren’t left holding our sacks when he left so for me personally, I’m just focused on this years team and going to enjoy the ride.

Advertisement
yes, just checked their roster and he seems to be second string. has run for 90 yards on 9 carries and thrown for a few yards

thx
But, Jacurri................

Obi Wan GIF by Star Wars

According to a bunch on here..............

There were a lot of knowns and unknowns about TVD’s tenure at Miami that was discussed on these and many other boards relentlessly. He didn’t live up to the hype train in ‘23 after his performance in ‘22 that even Mario contributed to.

What never ceases to amaze me is the obsession with players that leave and the continued bashing of said players by “fans” most of which never even stepped on a blade of football field grass. These “fans” haven’t a clue about what it takes to be a college football player.

I’m in no way, shape, or form defending TVD but the fact of the matter is he’s no longer a Miami Hurricane and we ALL should move on - especially with the potential our current team has this year.
My point had significantly more to do with pushing TVD's lack of success onto Mario's lap, than throwing rocks at TVD. The thread popped up on my feed and I clicked it being curious what happened to him last week when he was hurt. I clicked and saw the old comments; hence my commentary.

I'm a big Mario supporter (slurper as some may call them). I'm ok with criticizing him where fair. This entire situation with TVD has so much unknown and nuance that for anyone to turn it into an either/or proposition is just plain stupid. Stupidity frustrates me; hence my commentary.

Advertisement
I feel bad for TVD. All of it. His time here. His time in Wisco. His time on the bench. His time on the therapy table. That said, there are several narratives that were pushed through this thread. Hindsight being 20/20 helps, but cmon people. Mario is a QB killer? GTFOH. It was Mario’s fault that the QB room was so bad last year? Again, GTFOH. He’d only been here a couple off seasons, or to dumb it down, two recruiting classes. How many freshmen QBs starred over that time? There are only so many portal studs and you better not miss (ahem FSU haha). Also, does TVD not deserve any blame at all for playing hurt? Reading through this thread leaves you thinking that no, no he does not deserve an ounce of blame from some porsters. I think so many people severely underestimated how awful the talent level was here when Mario arrived.

Excuse me while I return to my space under Mario’s desk.
The only fault I give Mario is he got fooled to thinking TVD was legit. I think that’s what happened to Mario and that’s it. And yes the roster was cheeks I and a few already knew that. All you had to do was watch the games for 20 years and the nfl production.

My point had significantly more to do with pushing TVD's lack of success onto Mario's lap, than throwing rocks at TVD. The thread popped up on my feed and I clicked it being curious what happened to him last week when he was hurt. I clicked and saw the old comments; hence my commentary.

I'm a big Mario supporter (slurper as some may call them). I'm ok with criticizing him where fair. This entire situation with TVD has so much unknown and nuance that for anyone to turn it into an either/or proposition is just plain stupid. Stupidity frustrates me; hence my commentary.
You have come to the correct place for frustration! :cool:

TVD needed to play better at Miami. Mario needed to not have a terrible QB room pre-Ward. "Getting held hostage" for 2023, after TVD getting scapegoated here in 2022, was something to see...

It is Cam Ward time. Hope TVD heels up. Hate injuries.

The only fault I give Mario is he got fooled to thinking TVD was legit. I think that’s what happened to Mario and that’s it. And yes the roster was cheeks I and a few already knew that. All you had to do was watch the games for 20 years and the nfl production.
What NFL production?

Yeah, I know that was your point. It's why I get salty from time to time with the people who expected Mario to make us 11-1 his first year. "SONNY DYKES DID IT AT TCU, WHY CAN'T MARIO DO IT WITH BETTER RESAUCES!?!?!" Those are the types I'm talking about. You know, morons?

You have come to the correct place for frustration! :cool:

TVD needed to play better at Miami. Mario needed to not have a terrible QB room pre-Ward. "Getting held hostage" for 2023, after TVD getting scapegoated here in 2022, was something to see...

It is Cam Ward time. Hope TVD heels up. Hate injuries.
Hilarious. and true!!!

Re: the QB room, what was Mario supposed to do? We thought we had Rashada, only for that thing to go sideways, and we had Pastor Emory. We had TVD, broken or not. Is it fair to put the hostage situation on Mario?

Advertisement
I feel bad for TVD. All of it. His time here. His time in Wisco. His time on the bench. His time on the therapy table. That said, there are several narratives that were pushed through this thread. Hindsight being 20/20 helps, but cmon people. Mario is a QB killer? GTFOH. It was Mario’s fault that the QB room was so bad last year? Again, GTFOH. He’d only been here a couple off seasons, or to dumb it down, two recruiting classes. How many freshmen QBs starred over that time? There are only so many portal studs and you better not miss (ahem FSU haha). Also, does TVD not deserve any blame at all for playing hurt? Reading through this thread leaves you thinking that no, no he does not deserve an ounce of blame from some porsters. I think so many people severely underestimated how awful the talent level was here when Mario arrived.

Excuse me while I return to my space under Mario’s desk.
Don't be too hard now on this expert fan base. You do remember Oregon fans coming over here the week after the hire saying he was a great recruiter, but not a great game manager and a QB killer. Those words haunted this Canes fan last year.

Then this year he snags Cam, who has been firing the ball around like a Dodge City gunslinger and giving us 3 games and counting of that old Cane feeling, that has us still looking for a weakness.

Don't be too hard now on this expert fan base. You do remember Oregon fans coming over here the week after the hire saying he was a great recruiter, but not a great game manager and a QB killer. Those words haunted this Canes fan last year.

Then this year he snags Cam, who has been firing the ball around like a Dodge City gunslinger and giving us 3 games and counting of that old Cane feeling, that has us still looking for a weakness.
My expectations of the experts are on par with that time I hooked up my old ex-girlfriend for the 4th time - LOW. I knew I was gonna need some penicillin a few days earlier, but in the moment, it just felt good.

Advertisement

Once bitten, never kneel...

Of course fans are excited, while also waiting for the other shoe to drop. The other shoe being losing games we should not to teams we should not lose to...

Let's just win instead!

Hilarious. and true!!!

Re: the QB room, what was Mario supposed to do? We thought we had Rashada, only for that thing to go sideways, and we had Pastor Emory. We had TVD, broken or not. Is it fair to put the hostage situation on Mario?
Head Coach is responsible for the roster. The portal was not closed. He crowned TVD when he got here, saw TVD, Jake and Curri Hive in 2022, and did not recruit over them for 2023...Course corrected for 2024 by attacking the portal with big NIL for difference makers and here we are... we went from TVD to Cam and Gore to Baron...

Let's continue to roll.

Head Coach is responsible for the roster. The portal was not closed. He crowned TVD when he got here, saw TVD, Jake and Curri Hive in 2022, and did not recruit over them for 2023...Course corrected for 2024 by attacking the portal with big NIL for difference makers and here we are... we went from TVD to Cam and Gore to Baron...

Let's continue to roll.
I'd rather pick apart your statement.

Kidding. Let's roll!!
Go Canes!

Put this one behind us, didn’t work out at Miami. He did not handle things as I would have liked, don’t feel like he was ever bought in to program, was not a good teammate, lost the locker room…and more. All said, never wish ill on anyone, hope he does well after Miami and becomes a productive member of society.

Advertisement
Back