Travis Hunter Live Commitment

Wow....Love it that we don't have to deal with him going to FSU.....

But not sure that's the right decision for his future. I guess he can always transfer and have immediate eligibility.

It's no longer about what the right decision is for his future. It's all about what's the right situation monetarily right now with the portal being there to change that plan next year, probably for another monetary reward.

Advertisement
Oh My God Wow GIF by MOODMAN
Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF
The Kid Mero Wow GIF by Desus & Mero
wow GIF

From a business standpoint, this is going to be terrible for Barstool. The real money to these NIL deals for the company is marketing to and capturing the casual college football fan. The casual fan doesn't know and will not know who Travis Hunter is. It doesn't matter how good he is at the college level, he will get no publicity. Jackson St games will not be shown on national television unless they play midweek. The casual fan knew who Sam Ehlingher was and I bet he would be a lot more valuable at Texas as a 6th round pick than potential #1 pick Travis Hunter from JSU.

Wow....Love it that we don't have to deal with him going to FSU.....

But not sure that's the right decision for his future. I guess he can always transfer and have immediate eligibility.
It’s a great decision for his future. He will play both ways there and NFL gives no ****s about competition

Advertisement
It’s a great decision for his future. He will play both ways there and NFL gives no ****s about competition

Yes they do.

It's why they put so much stock in the P5 games these non-P5 players play in against better comp, as well as things like Senior Bowl practice. Anyone from UGA can look like a R1 pick against Mercer or FAMU. How do those same players look against the NFL talent at Bama?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We all know where Dave Portnoy lives. He better be a friend to his adopted (tax shelter) hometown's team. Time for DeSantis to fix our NIL law and hopefully allow some competition to the Seminole Tribe's attempted monopoly on sports gambling too.

But until then today is the most schadenfreude-y delicious Signing Day ever! Pump this **** straight into my veins!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
the funny thing is that he still has all his FSU stuff up on the twatter thingy..

coaches getting paid $10M while players got nothing wasn't ruining it?
Its supposed to be amateur athletics. Why even have college football if its going to be professional? We can get into why they should be paid, but the reality is, it does detract from what makes college football what it always has been. If you want two NFL's then so be it, but I don't think the game itself is a better product compared to what it once was.

Advertisement
Back