top 10 most under rated players at the U

Advertisement
People will always have different opinions but that's a nice little compilation. I think CMac and Kenny Phillips are two of the most underrated Canes in recent memory.

Advertisement
I think the following should be mentioned:
- Bubba Franks (yes, became a great NFL player, but he kind of gets forgotten)
- Chris Campbell
- James Jackson (did an excellent job on the 2000 team)
- Finally, Brock Berlin (guy went from being booed in 2003 at every chance to having an excellent 2004 season. Honestly, I really wish we would have had him these last few years. By the way, Berlin was a championship caliber QB, but he played for an old man coach that starting "losing" the team - hence the losses. The only game that Miami lost during Berlin's tenure that we were outplayed was at VT in '03. Otherwise, the Tennessee game with Crudup, North Carolina, Clemson and VT were all jokes and would've been won with better coaching/preparation).

- Chris Campbell
- Finally, Brock Berlin (guy went from being booed in 2003 at every chance to having an excellent 2004 season. Honestly, I really wish we would have had him these last few years. By the way, Berlin was a championship caliber QB, but he played for an old man coach that starting "losing" the team - hence the losses. The only game that Miami lost during Berlin's tenure that we were outplayed was at VT in '03. Otherwise, the Tennessee game with Crudup, North Carolina, Clemson and VT were all jokes and would've been won with better coaching/preparation).

Brock balled the **** out his senior yr here

First name that popped up was Chris Campbell. Solid OLB that played with two big names.

Here's some more....

KC Jones....Center
CJ Richardson....SS
Richard Mercier....OG
Rusty Medaris...DE
Darren Krein.....DE
Kevin Patrick.....DE
Michael Smith.... OLB
Tirell Green.....OG
Scott Covington....QB
Ryan Clements...QB
Syii Tucker.....TE
James Stewart.....RB
Matt Walter....DT
Donnell Bennett.....RB
Stephen McGuire.....RB
Shane Curry....DE
AC Tellison....WR
Greg Popovich....SS
Aaron Moser.....WR
Nick Williams....FB
Martin Bibla.....OG
Marlin Barnes.....LB
Greg Pata...DT
Andre King...WR
Carlos Etheredge....TE
Pat Riley....DT
Yatil Green....WR

I could name a ton more......

Go 'Canes

Advertisement
Here's some more....

KC Jones....Center
CJ Richardson....SS
Richard Mercier....OG
Rusty Medaris...DE
Darren Krein.....DE
Kevin Patrick.....DE
Michael Smith.... OLB
Tirell Green.....OG
Scott Covington....QB
Ryan Clements...QB
Syii Tucker.....TE
James Stewart.....RB
Matt Walter....DT
Donnell Bennett.....RB
Stephen McGuire.....RB
Shane Curry....DE
AC Tellison....WR
Greg Popovich....SS
Aaron Moser.....WR
Nick Williams....FB
Martin Bibla.....OG
Marlin Barnes.....LB
Greg Pata...DT
Andre King...WR
Carlos Etheredge....TE
Pat Riley....DT
Yatil Green....WR

I could name a ton more......

Go 'Canes

Lulz Pat Riley..dude had the OB in a frenzy wit his sack the play before the Barrow destruction of Vannover in 92'

Advertisement
Stephen McGwire
Albert Bentley
Stanley Shakesphere
J.C. Penny
Darryl Spencer
Kenny Lopez
Hurlie Brown
Rod Holder
Darren Handy
Willie Smith
Reggie Sutton
Pat Walker
Jay Brophy
Eric Miller
Anthony Hamlet
Craig Erickson
Larry Jones
Alvin Ward
Gene Coleman
Mondriel Fulcher
Derrick Ham
Rod Carter
George Mira, Jr
Roland Smith
James Lewis

Just to name a few..................

Last edited:
Advertisement
The first name that popped up to me was Stephen McGuire. Dude was a workhorse back who had big games against some of our greatest rivals. He was a tough, tough, back.

The other 2 names that came out right away in my mind were Scott Covington and James Lewis. I have always felt that Covington got the shaft in his competition with Clement. I was at Miami when both guys were there, and I remember Clement being the more aggressive personality, the guy that hung out with the other players, while Covington was the dude on his skateboard and who was more quiet. That being said, I always felt like he was the better of the two and just needed reps and opportunity.

James Lewis was perhaps the most underrated player on that 2001 squad. ****, even Marcus Maxey, the nickel guy, got more pub than Lewis. The best thing to happen to both Lewis and E. Reed and our defense that year was when Lewis and E. Reed traded positions prior to spring practice that year. I remember wondering back then if that was going to eff up our defense heading into the season, but what a great move it turned out to be. Anyhow, Lewis was Mr. Consistent while at Miami.

- Chris Campbell

Brynn is gonna murk you.

Mo Sikes was always one of my favorites. He just didn't get a lot of hype because the secondary was so stacked.

Advertisement
Back