Thomas Brown visits top RB McFarland today

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Dude stfu you have fViking issues, Pruitt and briles are both accomplished coaches but I doubt we heard people make crazy claims that they were recruiting hires or that they can't coach when they was hired from the highschool rank

Pruitt was absolutely hired to recruit and he did an awesome job of it. He happened to blossom into a great DC too. But you, in your infinite idiocy, think that because Pruitt turned out to be a great DC that he wasn't hired to recruit first.

As far as Pruitt being a great recruiter or hired to secure Hoover kids there isn't evidence of that with his former high school. Alabama didn't sign any Hoover kids in the immediate aftermath of his hiring. Maybe Hoover didn't have any Alabama level kids and he secured players from other schools but no Hoover kids showed up after Pruitt's hiring.

I never said anything about Hoover. Pruitt has always been known as a monster recruiter, and that's how he made his initial bones. He was hired to recruit. He blossomed into a great DC over the years. Alabaga didn't hire him as a DB coach based on his long track record of coaching up great DBs in college or the NFL.

For the most part we are all bright people on here. Understand every situation is unique in its story. For instance Pruitt was definitely hired from hoover to recruit. It was a pretty arranged package. On top of that understand to kids from that neck of the woods let alone hoover Alabama is wholier than the church of latter day saints. You are definitely going to bama or there's a small possibility your family is ****ed up & outcasts & in that case you go to Auburn. That is wrote in blood there. Same as in floriduh they have the same **** going on with edgewater like in that class with rainey,& the pounceys etc. We don't have a 100% feeder school in large part because we gotta reestablish ourselves on the field. Regardless rumph was brought in asome a position coach because we greatly value his work with developing dbs. Obviously recruiting is significant but it's secondary to being a coach & teaching these kids we do get how to play. Crazy how Paul Williams who never contributed anything to anybody in recruiting nor coaching was held to even a fraction of the standard rumph is being held to... is there a debate in how much better CB play was on the field or do we give all credit to Manny & kul but no one else. It's always some crazy double standard good or bad & it really is hypocritical & tiring. Just give him time & well be fine.

First of all, Paul Williams was universally loathed on here. The bigger targets, rightfully, were the scheme and philosophy. You could be the best DB coach in the world, and you were never going to succeed in Folden/Duh'Nofrio's system down here. Rumph's DBs would have failed in that system too.

Rumph's CBs, in part, did a good job because of Diaz's downhill attacking scheme and philosophy and also, in part, because Corn is a god. We also had a ton of experience back there, so it was a little easier to transition.

I'm sure Rumph is a good guy, and you and others like him. I've got no beef with him personally. But he's failed badly at signing guys that he coached in HS. It's irrefragable, my friend. If he misses on Campbell, who referred to him as a "second father figure" then just stick a fork in him because he's useless.

Advertisement
Serious question - what would happen if DBC, Paranos and Broke were locked together in a room for an hour?

And Pete has been burned before. That source as you might imagine might be a sunshine pumper. Nothing Slaton has done to this point validates what Pete brought to the board.

So you're privy to the conversations between Slaton and our coaches? What makes you so sure about what Slaton told our coaches versus what he tells the bloggers?

I'll roll with Pete's source in the football program, who knows what Slaton and our coaches were saying to each other, over your hunches based off Slaton's interviews.

Oh so a high school kid told our coaches something and because he said it he meant it? You never rail against kids for being two-faced either. I don't care what he told bloggers. Nothing he has done lines up with the information Pete was given. Roll with Pete all you want. Slaton went from being a likely member of this class to not even setting up a visit unless Kool and Searels changed his mind today. That speaks to Pete and his sources being wrong and completely misreading Slaton.

"Recruiting is fluid"

"These kids change their minds daily"

You're quibbling now, which you seem to enjoy. The dope originally claimed that Slaton "never had no interest in Miami" or some other word jumble diarrhea. He clearly was wrong in that assertion, as UM football thought he was a lock at some point.

Of course, you can claim he trolled everyone at UM and really never had a scintilla of interest based on zero real information. That's your prerogative.

I assumed b-rock was a white dude. He black for real?

He claimed to be black after he called a black dude a "coon."

All joking aside, a black dude would never actually call another one a coon.

If Broke did in fact do that, he's not black.

That's not true ny. I've seen plenty of black dudes call other back dudes coons. In alot of eyes,specially a young dude it's a way of saying old head. I'm not saying I agree but in that aspect it's essentially just saying old black dude. Could technically be worse right.

Dont know where that **** mean old head at? But if a black dude call another one a coon you telling him he putting on a show for white people. Or you selling out.

Advertisement
You guys have alot of passion on here talking about whos black, whos light skin, whos a coon and who aint...Wish you had this much passion when the mutha****a with the Confederate flag in his avator posts on here. But I assume most of yall claiming to be black are 30 and under so you wouldnt care.

Anyway, back on topic, we need some recruiting momentum so getting Dean to hopefully commit on this weekend and getting McFarland on the 25th can start the train moving again...lock up Thomas and maybe Smith. I have given up on the OL class. Whoever comes great..whoever doesnt oh well.

Advertisement
This is what I mean about every situation being unique. #1 every one of those guys is nothing but an x&o guy. Who among them was a long time nfl starter & first round draft pick from the school hiring him to coach the position he's so far have his life to? Lastly HE HAS BEEN HERE 1 YEAR! past that when you say something is implied you're really saying your opinion should matter more than another as that's the basis to an implication. We have little to know factual basis to think that's the reason rumph was brought here since richt has only involved him in two kids from heritage one of which we had to be talked into because of not getting other recruits we wanted at the same position.

Your point is valid in that we don't know if he was brought in to recruit or just coach. We can't assume neither. The reason why I said is implied is that I haven't research every coach that ever went from high school to college. All I did was provide context for the names that was mentioned in this thread already.

There are people that believe he was brought in to recruit and being that we haven't gotten anybody from Heritage that he is doing a terrible job. If that is what you believe in then, he has done a terrible job so far. The counter to that argument is that he has only been here one year. So most should say that he has been terrible so far, but I won't hang him out to dry just yet. I'm not arguing against this crowd

There are people that believe he was brought in to just coach. That the secondary got better and that Heritage kids isn't coming is not on him. So they feel that he has done a good job so far. I'm not arguing against this crowd either

The issue at hand is the recruit vs coach thing. You can't have it both ways with him doing interviews saying stuff like this:

“I’m such a humble person, but I’m confident at the same time. I feel like everyone I come in contact with, I’m going to get them a Hurricanes. I don’t know if that’s normal. But I don’t feel like there’s a reason why a kid wouldn’t want to come play for me and for us. … With that said, waking up this morning and going into the office…I’ve been around every coach in the country because every coach in the country has been in my office recruiting my kids. So I know what a good recruiter looks like. I know how to handle myself as a good coach. I walked into IMG this morning and I thought it went well. I wanted to meet with the counselor because I know how important that is, making that transition. Then I drove an hour and a half. I missed the traveling…I drove down to Naples. I sat down with coach [Bill] Kramer. I’ve got a lot of respect for him and I want to keep in touch with him. I’m trying to mend the relationships with these high school coaches and the University of Miami coaching staff where they can trust us, they want to come and talk football with us and send their boys to play football at the University of Miami. Those two stops were great, but there’s a lot more to go and a lot more recruiting for me to do now.”"

Recruiting: New Hurricanes assistant Mike Rumph hits the road - Sun Sentinel

Either if he was brought in to coach, recruit, or both. If he was brought into coach then he shouldn't talk about what a good recruiter looks like and how he feels that he can be good recruiter since he was the head coach of a premier program. If he was brought in to recruit as well, then there are reasons why some have a red flags for his efforts. From that article it sounds like Rumph carries himself as a person that was brought in to do both. So he should be held accountable in both. For the record, I don't have any issues with Rumph in terms of coaching DBs. I feel that he has done a great job with that aspect. My grade is still incomplete when it comes to the recruiting part of it since it has only been one year.

Last edited:
I know you guys love talking smack about Brock (or Broke or B-rock). But is there any news related to the original subject of the thread? McFarland tweet out anything new or given interviews? New CBs coming our way?

I assumed b-rock was a white dude. He black for real?

He claimed to be black after he called a black dude a "coon."
Stfu dumb4ss, again who lies about being part of a particular race

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/ot-diversity/100015/3View attachment 41486View attachment 41487

dam ni99a got saved snap shots lol

I know you guys love talking smack about Brock (or Broke or B-rock). But is there any news related to the original subject of the thread? McFarland tweet out anything new or given interviews? New CBs coming our way?

Last thing was from the crystal ball from the Maryland insider at 247 last week after checking sources

I'm beginning to think in addition to Brock lying about his race, he may be lying about his sexual orientation too.

He lists "females" as one of his interests in his profile. I don't buy it.

Advertisement
DeMatha either has other blue chip guys that Maryland wants, or they're going all in on McFarland by hiring his HS coach. Maryland didn't hire the HS coach because of his coaching acumen.

Dematha always have so much talent (one of the best high schools on the east coast). Regardless of where McFarland signs, it was a smart move to hire him.

I will say one of the best team in the nation . They have top talent every year So doubt it was just for McFarland.

I'm beginning to think in addition to Brock lying about his race, he may be lying about his sexual orientation too.

He lists "females" as one of his interests in his profile. I don't buy it.

Meat him somewhere.

Advertisement
DeMatha either has other blue chip guys that Maryland wants, or they're going all in on McFarland by hiring his HS coach. Maryland didn't hire the HS coach because of his coaching acumen.

Dematha always have so much talent (one of the best high schools on the east coast). Regardless of where McFarland signs, it was a smart move to hire him.

I will say one of the best team in the nation . They have top talent every year So doubt it was just for McFarland.

Them, Gonzaga and Good Counsel all produce a lot of players

Once these kids see Rumph putting dudes in the league they will come. For the most part these jits gonna go where they think they have best chance to make to league anyway. Once he's established as a proven DB coach the flood gates will open. And it wont be hard with the scheme they're runnin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back