Thomas Brown visits top RB McFarland today

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Broke, I'm not a fire Rumph guy (yet), but if you don't see the issues with him not even being able to get a sniff from talented guys he was just coaching several months ago, then you're cutting him slack that he doesn't deserve.

Don't know if there's a particular reason that you like him or want to protect him, but his failure at the guys from his own school has put everyone on alert about his recruiting abilities.

A big part of the job is successfully recruiting, something which so far he's fallen well short of. Time will tell, but we can't have year after year of whiffing on talented defensive backs. Personally if it was up to me, I'd give him one more season to show he can bring in talent, top-notch talent.

I'm trying to stay out of this but I'm gonna take one last heave ho attempt here to appeal to what I believe CAN BE relatively intellectual people who understand both the game of football & have common sense. #1 rumph has been involved in recruiting two of these kids from heritage (in his 1 YEARS he's been a college position coach at um)Marco Wilson & Slaton. Won't get into anything bout the recruitment as its pointless. But as a recruit the one thing that is common sense to them is they need a relationship with their position coach & with the head coach. Everything else is pointless cause you'll have next to zero contact ever with that person. In college you are isolated to your side of the ball & far more specifically your position coach. You don't **** with no one else. So it's pointless to beat that dead horse over & over about how rumph hasn't gotten in one year all the kids from heritage. Unless it's a corner it's completely irrelevant & Wilson is the only one from there we wanted. Thanks & have a great day.

thanks for the insight big dawg. what's your guy feeling on Brokes skin color? The board says white. He says black. You break the tie. Thanks in advance.

Dead

Advertisement
And Pete has been burned before. That source as you might imagine might be a sunshine pumper. Nothing Slaton has done to this point validates what Pete brought to the board.

So you're privy to the conversations between Slaton and our coaches? What makes you so sure about what Slaton told our coaches versus what he tells the bloggers?

I'll roll with Pete's source in the football program, who knows what Slaton and our coaches were saying to each other, over your hunches based off Slaton's interviews.

It's funny how art briles who was a former highschool coach or Jeremy Pruitt who came up from the highschool ranks weren't criticized for their coaching abilities but yet guys like rumph and Elijah brooks are. Both have produced multiple 5 and 4 star players. Hmmm

comparing Rumph to Briles and Pruitt...... HAAA. Is Rumph replacing Golden is your heart now?
Dude stfu you have fViking issues, Pruitt and briles are both accomplished coaches but I doubt we heard people make crazy claims that they were recruiting hires or that they can't coach when they was hired from the highschool rank

Pruitt was absolutely hired to recruit and he did an awesome job of it. He happened to blossom into a great DC too. But you, in your infinite idiocy, think that because Pruitt turned out to be a great DC that he wasn't hired to recruit first.

As far as Pruitt being a great recruiter or hired to secure Hoover kids there isn't evidence of that with his former high school. Alabama didn't sign any Hoover kids in the immediate aftermath of his hiring. Maybe Hoover didn't have any Alabama level kids and he secured players from other schools but no Hoover kids showed up after Pruitt's hiring.

I never said anything about Hoover. Pruitt has always been known as a monster recruiter, and that's how he made his initial bones. He was hired to recruit. He blossomed into a great DC over the years. Alabaga didn't hire him as a DB coach based on his long track record of coaching up great DBs in college or the NFL.

Broke, I'm not a fire Rumph guy (yet), but if you don't see the issues with him not even being able to get a sniff from talented guys he was just coaching several months ago, then you're cutting him slack that he doesn't deserve.

Don't know if there's a particular reason that you like him or want to protect him, but his failure at the guys from his own school has put everyone on alert about his recruiting abilities.

A big part of the job is successfully recruiting, something which so far he's fallen well short of. Time will tell, but we can't have year after year of whiffing on talented defensive backs. Personally if it was up to me, I'd give him one more season to show he can bring in talent, top-notch talent.

I'm trying to stay out of this but I'm gonna take one last heave ho attempt here to appeal to what I believe CAN BE relatively intellectual people who understand both the game of football & have common sense. #1 rumph has been involved in recruiting two of these kids from heritage (in his 1 YEARS he's been a college position coach at um)Marco Wilson & Slaton. Won't get into anything bout the recruitment as its pointless. But as a recruit the one thing that is common sense to them is they need a relationship with their position coach & with the head coach. Everything else is pointless cause you'll have next to zero contact ever with that person. In college you are isolated to your side of the ball & far more specifically your position coach. You don't **** with no one else. So it's pointless to beat that dead horse over & over about how rumph hasn't gotten in one year all the kids from heritage. Unless it's a corner it's completely irrelevant & Wilson is the only one from there we wanted. Thanks & have a great day.

thanks for the insight big dawg. what's your guy feeling on Brokes skin color? The board says white. He says black. You break the tie. Thanks in advance.

Chill out fam, you taking it too far now

DeMatha either has other blue chip guys that Maryland wants, or they're going all in on McFarland by hiring his HS coach. Maryland didn't hire the HS coach because of his coaching acumen.

His high school coach being hired doesnt seem to have any affect on his decision. Time for maryland fans to ask for him to be fired right?

First, it's not over yet. Second, if he fails to deliver on 10 straight like Rumph, then they should call for his head. But you're too dopey to see the difference between one guy (McFarland) and a long list of guys.

Advertisement

LOL.

Don't make Broke angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

Just like when you called my real info from a real recruit "retarded" & said lock the thread. Revenge is sweet. Now im done. Have a good one.

Ayeee they got rumphed.

Harrumph.gif~c200

200_s.gif

Last edited:
DeMatha either has other blue chip guys that Maryland wants, or they're going all in on McFarland by hiring his HS coach. Maryland didn't hire the HS coach because of his coaching acumen.

His high school coach being hired doesnt seem to have any affect on his decision. Time for maryland fans to ask for him to be fired right?

First, it's not over yet. Second, if he fails to deliver on 10 straight like Rumph, then they should call for his head. But you're too dopey to see the difference between one guy (McFarland) and a long list of guys.

Staff only offered 3. Wilson, slaton, and herbert. You too dopey to understand these south florida dudes dont give a **** about no high school coach being hired.

Last edited:
Advertisement

They dont want facts.

It's funny how art briles who was a former highschool coach or Jeremy Pruitt who came up from the highschool ranks weren't criticized for their coaching abilities but yet guys like rumph and Elijah brooks are. Both have produced multiple 5 and 4 star players. Hmmm

comparing Rumph to Briles and Pruitt...... HAAA. Is Rumph replacing Golden is your heart now?
Dude stfu you have fViking issues, Pruitt and briles are both accomplished coaches but I doubt we heard people make crazy claims that they were recruiting hires or that they can't coach when they was hired from the highschool rank

we hired a Highschool coach that is a decorated Alumni and he has proceeded to miss out on everyone of his former players at positions of massive need to UM. Anyone that defends him or tries to compare him to...LOL...Briles and Pruitt, is either his mother or a ****ing idiot...

Slaton ain't never give Miami the time of the day or even mentioned Miami until late this past year in his career in highschool... Herbert was leaning to uf ever since they offered and then committed to Michigan for whatever reason and Marco Wilson been bashing Miami since we didn't offer his brother since 2013...
So now you know more about Slaton than Pete Ariz? Pete had him as a UM lock a couple weeks ago. He must have showed interest in UM for Pete to put his reputation on the line.

But nah. Let's just go with the Rumph protector rhetoric being spewed by 252cane and his trusty sidekick broke. Slaton never had any interest in UM. Pete just made it up so he'd look stupid.

I aint spewing **** and never said slaton didnt have any interest. Yall old ***** just look crazy calling for a dude job based on a decision a teenager makes. If these dudes come they come if they dont they dont, simple as that.

You're right. Recruiting is just putting out a signup list and waiting for the kids who want to come here to sign up. Once we get to 25 we pull the list. There's no element of persuasion involved in recruiting.

Pruitt was absolutely hired to recruit and he did an awesome job of it. He happened to blossom into a great DC too. But you, in your infinite idiocy, think that because Pruitt turned out to be a great DC that he wasn't hired to recruit first.

As far as Pruitt being a great recruiter or hired to secure Hoover kids there isn't evidence of that with his former high school. Alabama didn't sign any Hoover kids in the immediate aftermath of his hiring. Maybe Hoover didn't have any Alabama level kids and he secured players from other schools but no Hoover kids showed up after Pruitt's hiring.

Pruit came to Bama in 2007 as Director of Player Development. So Yes, he was hired to recruit at first. This was the 2007 signing class for Alabama of kids that went to Hoover.

Patrick Crump, Alabama, Offensive Guard

Josh Chapman, Hoover, Defensive Tackle

Michael DeJohn, Alabama, Outside Linebacker

Kerry Murphy, Alabama, Defensive Tackle

While we are at it....

Briles was hired as RB Coach for Texas Tech from Stephenville High in 2000

Clayton Harmon, Stephenville, Strong-Side Defensive End

Bryan Kegans, Stephenville, Offensive Tackle

http://247sports.com/player/scott-lee-51523

Malzahn was hired as the OC for Arkanas in 2006 from Springdale

http://247sports.com/Player/Mitch-Mustain-5727?Institution=7136

http://247sports.com/player/ben-cleveland-39117

http://247sports.com/player/andrew-norman-38902

http://247sports.com/Player/Damian-Williams-7019?PlayerInstitution=5050

I'm not arguing whether or not Rumph can coach DB's. From a pure high school to college coach route, history has shown that if you hired a coach from a school with multiple D1 prospects, it is implied that said coach should bring kids from that high school to college with him, regardless if he was hired to recruit or not. With that being said, Rumph needs to land Campbell next year, especially since Campbell said Rumph coached him from Optimist days and Rumph will be his position coach.

Last edited:
So when Rumph develops our young db's this year and they ball out y'all going to want to fire him still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he gets studs it won't be difficult but u can't turn **** into flowers

Yes you can. You can develop average guys and make them better. Sometimes the lightbulb goes off with the proper teacher. But yes top talent def helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

we hired a Highschool coach that is a decorated Alumni and he has proceeded to miss out on everyone of his former players at positions of massive need to UM. Anyone that defends him or tries to compare him to...LOL...Briles and Pruitt, is either his mother or a ****ing idiot...

Slaton ain't never give Miami the time of the day or even mentioned Miami until late this past year in his career in highschool... Herbert was leaning to uf ever since they offered and then committed to Michigan for whatever reason and Marco Wilson been bashing Miami since we didn't offer his brother since 2013...
So now you know more about Slaton than Pete Ariz? Pete had him as a UM lock a couple weeks ago. He must have showed interest in UM for Pete to put his reputation on the line.

But nah. Let's just go with the Rumph protector rhetoric being spewed by 252cane and his trusty sidekick broke. Slaton never had any interest in UM. Pete just made it up so he'd look stupid.

I aint spewing **** and never said slaton didnt have any interest. Yall old ****s just look crazy calling for a dude job based on a decision a teenager makes. If these dudes come they come if they dont they dont, simple as that.

You're right. Recruiting is just putting out a signup list and waiting for the kids who want to come here to sign up. Once we get to 25 we pull the list. There's no element of persuasion involved in recruiting.

Lol. These dudes know where they want to go majority of the time. The rest of it is just playing games and enjoying the attention.

Just like when you called my real info from a real recruit "retarded" & said lock the thread. Revenge is sweet. Now im done. Have a good one.

Jg you seriously need to chill man. Broke lives matter.

Advertisement

Pruit came to Bama in 2007 as Director of Player Development. So Yes, he was hired to recruit at first. This was the 2007 signing class for Alabama of kids that went to Hoover.

Patrick Crump, Alabama, Offensive Guard

Josh Chapman, Hoover, Defensive Tackle

Michael DeJohn, Alabama, Outside Linebacker

Kerry Murphy, Alabama, Defensive Tackle

While we are at it....

Briles was hired as RB Coach for Texas Tech from Stephenville High in 2000

Clayton Harmon, Stephenville, Strong-Side Defensive End

Bryan Kegans, Stephenville, Offensive Tackle

http://247sports.com/player/scott-lee-51523

Malzahn was hired as the OC for Arkanas in 2006 from Springdale

http://247sports.com/Player/Mitch-Mustain-5727?Institution=7136

http://247sports.com/player/ben-cleveland-39117

http://247sports.com/player/andrew-norman-38902

http://247sports.com/Player/Damian-Williams-7019?PlayerInstitution=5050

I'm not arguing whether or not Rumph can coach DB's. From a pure high school to college coach route, history has shown that if you hired a coach from a school with multiple D1 prospects, it is implied that said coach should bring kids from that high school to college with him, regardless if he was hired to recruit or not. With that being said, Rumph needs to land Campbell next year, especially since Campbell said Rumph coached him from Optimist days and Rumph will be his position coach.

BOOM!

I aint spewing **** and never said slaton didnt have any interest. Yall old ****s just look crazy calling for a dude job based on a decision a teenager makes. If these dudes come they come if they dont they dont, simple as that.

Lol. These dudes know where they want to go majority of the time. The rest of it is just playing games and enjoying the attention.

You're right. Guys like Dameyune Craig make $600K per year to coach a position he never played and is basically unqualified to coach. There's no premium put on guys who can recruit their asses off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back