The perfect rotation.

Advertisement
[MENTION=467]Mbecks22[/MENTION] and [MENTION=866]edge3241[/MENTION] summed it up great.

He's an elite freshman, which historically we have not gotten, coming off a knee injury. And he plays in an offense that isn't an ideal fit for his skill set. With that said, I still see the immense talent and NBA talent flash. Anyone who doesn't, doesn't know basketball. Hopefully it flashes more down the stretch.

He needs more minutes, for his development and for recruiting purposes.

Last edited:
@Mbecks22 and @edge3241 summed it up great.

He's an elite freshman, which historically we have not gotten, coming off a knee injury. And he plays in an offense that isn't an ideal fit for his skill set. With that said, I still see the immense talent and NBA talent flash. Anyone who doesn't, doesn't know basketball. Hopefully it flashes more down the stretch.

Dequan Jones showed NBA flashes as a freshman as well. Just saying.

This is mine. Posted it on the BB thread but wanted to get more feedback.

Starters
G- Lykes
G- Brown
G- Walker
F- Lawerence
F- Huell

Bench
6th Man- Newton
7th Man- Vasiljevic
8th Man- Izundu

Extended
9th Man- Waardenburg
10th Man- Robinson
11th Man- Stowell

Emergency
12th Man- Grad Assistant/Water Boy or girl/Kids that mop the floor
13th Man- Miller

That's pretty cold on #13th man.

DQ Jones was a total system mismatch. He couldn't shoot at all. He needed to play for an uptempo, running team like a UNC, UConn (in those days), etc. He was never gonna be a fit in a half court offense.

Advertisement

Fair point. But Dequan had elite athleticism but lacked skill. Walker has the same athleticism but he also skilled.

Fair point. But Dequan had elite athleticism but lacked skill. Walker has the same athleticism but he also skilled.

Supposedly IV is skilled. I haven't seen it.

Supposedly IV is skilled. I haven't seen it.

He's had multiple drives to the rim where he's finished in traffic on both sides of the basket and with both hands. Dequan couldn't do this his senior year still. Hopefully you will see it over the next few games.

Hey I hope LW does pick it up. If he doesnt we won't reach the lofty goals that were set before the season and our early season rankings.

Advertisement
Its still very early. Duke was still experimenting with their lineup into the ACC tournament. We have time for Walker to develop into a more complete player. I have seen signs that Lykes can be a true point guard and I'm not counting out Newton just yet as I'm pretty sure he has finally gotten the message. Your not in Philly anymore and the weight room is right down the hall. Our problem will be similar to the last few seasons where we get bullied by teams with size. I mean size not just height. Another reason why we need to keep pushing it and make it our normal routine after every rebound and made basket.

Coach L says walker is still starting and DJ coming off the bench to provide key minutes.

Lonnie needs to rebound more

Lykes needs to figure out when to shoot and when to pass

I like all 3 comments

Advertisement

The only "NBA flashes" I remember seeing out of him were dunks.

I'm not sure we have a rotation anymore. This is a weird season. Its not looking good even if LW,Huell and Lykes continue to improve.

Coach has said this team SHOULD be scoring 80 a game; it struggles to get to 60. Seems to me DJ has to have more minutes. What a poor game offensively from BB yesterday. Still got 7 boards. Maybe he's a 3 in disguise.

Advertisement
DJ and Newt have faded out. Everyone knows our 1/2 court game flat sucks we are in trouble. No muscle, no 3 point shooters except the kid and now no bench. Staff has a lot of work to do just not to get embarrassed the rest of the way.

Advertisement
Back