The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he can reduplicate success without a chase, Jefferson, burrow trio
Arnold Schwarzenegger I Give Up GIF by Jerology

Advertisement
Advertisement
This Brady obsession is sick. Yall hyping up what happened at LSU and totally ignore what happens subsequently lol. The most guaranteed OC thats realistic is Dan Mullen. Did it at multiple stops, did it with multiple style QBs. Everybody else have had stops where they suck. Yall assume we get LSU Brady but if yall gonna complain that the Panthers talent was not great....what do yall see of ours at this current moment?

Whoever get hired im not blowing a gasket, every single one of them will have to prove it HERE. With our dynamics. But ignoring someone strength because you dont like him and ignoring someone's weakness because u do it stupid af.

The only person givee u guarantee is Mullen. Simple.

Everyone else can sink or swim based on the personnel we can acquire, chemistry, work ethic etc etc.

The Joe Brady proponents are not concerned that he was blessed with Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson (each of whom is likely in the top 5 of his position)? I'd be cool with him, but there ain't an OC in the world that wouldn't look really, really good with that trio (+ Edwards-Helaire, Moss, and several OL that are NFL players).

Yeah, it looks like Mario wants to try his hand at imitating Saban. Hopefully having Frost step back to one side of the ball can allow him to refocus and get his life back in order (Of course we as fans, really don't know if his life is out of order to begin with. Just pure speculation.). Those rumors are damning, but we don't really know how much of it was actually true.
I don’t know what is or isn’t true out of the Frost issues at Nebraska, but that would be a bold choice on the heels of potentially firing Gattis for cause for something he did off field. Honestly, after how much the background check and due diligence failed with Gattis, I am gunshy about Frost.

The Joe Brady proponents are not concerned that he was blessed with Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson (each of whom is likely in the top 5 of his position)? I'd be cool with him, but there ain't an OC in the world that wouldn't look really, really good with that trio (+ Edwards-Helaire, Moss, and several OL that are NFL players).
Ensminger, the LSU OC, did NOT look good with those three before Brady. At all.

Also: looking good is one thing, to have the most prolific and unstoppable offense in the history of the sport is another.

Advertisement
Chase sat out that year.

The Joe Brady proponents are not concerned that he was blessed with Joe Burrow, Jamarr Chase and Justin Jefferson (each of whom is likely in the top 5 of his position)
I'm at the point where I genuinely feel that people on here ignore posts on purpose just to be able to spew their weird information.

For the 100th time, none of the names demonstrated any evidence that they would become what they became until Brady arrived.

For the 1000th time, LSU never even came remotely close to their success that they had with Brady. Neither before, nor afterwards. They didn't even run the same stuff again. So stop pretending that people aren't aware of what happened subsequently when you blatantly ignore it on purpose.

So we're looking for an OC who's been part of a highly successful offense at some high level of football, preferably a national championship team or NFL. But that team better not have had other good coaches or players on it, because that would mean our guy doesn't really deserve credit for how good they were. Then again if it didn't have great players on the team, then he either can't recruit or can't develop talent.

Sounds easy enough to find

Advertisement
Advertisement
Chase did play in 2018, his production went from 20 catches and 300 yards to 80 catches and 1780 yards.

Obviously just because he was talented, that jump in production always happens with talented individuals.

Joe Burrow was a mid level QB with mediocre stats and minimal success until Brady coached him. When he transferred from OSU to LSU he was just another QB, and his first year at LSU was solid, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back