the morning after - a few more thoughts

Advertisement
To finalize this subset of the discussion, I should add this:

There is a notable difference in "zip" between the way the ball comes out of TVD's hand and the way it came out of Emory's hand last night. NOTABLE difference in zip.
You're not wrong.
They both throw very catchable balls and let the receiver to bullwork.

I got people in my twitter comments going that the non-safety was the correct call

i swear the dumb****ery on the internet...
What’s even the excuse? Forward progress? He wasn’t going forward. Is the ball dead where the tackle is initiated?

last few games our rb’s are going down by shoe lace tackles. Alot of yards left on the field yesterday. Don is clearly the best rb. It’s unfortunate that Don lost some his explosiveness due to injuries. CJ might be a game changer if he has vision

Advertisement
Listen to the last play, announcer was so disappointed we stopped Clemson...it was embarrassing.

Don't forget one of them was Tim Hasselbeck a guy who got his a$$ whooped at BC back in the days when he faced Butch Davis hurricanes. In 1999, Hasselbeck and Boston College choked a 28-0 game against Kenny Kelly Miami Hurricanes who came back to win 31-28. So I'm sure Hasselbeck still not over that and then throw in in 2000 Thanksgiving massacre at the Orange Bowl 52-6. He never beat Miami while at BC

• And as always - **** the ACC and their cheating *** referees and their accomplices in the ACC Network. The first half of this game and the Ga Tech game were beyond criminal. Something must be done. My preference is for UM to get the **** out of this bull**** conference. Taking less money to move to the Big XII is a better move than staying in the ACC.

Man, I don't know what conference would show Miami any love. We really thing Big XII officials and a conference that was the same Big 8 that Miami just destroyed back in the '80s—Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc.—is going to show the Canes any love?

Same with the SEC—the good ol' boys hating inner city Miami blowing up the sport all those years ago—it's always going to be a disadvantage with officiating.

Jimmy's old adage about keeping games out of ref's hands remains apropos. Sad, but true—and absolutely wrong—but it is what it is.

Saw it first hand in Tempe on January 3rd, 2003 when that POS Terry Porter (a Big XII ref, if I recall) so brazenly threw that flag—and paid ZERO price for stealing back-to-back titles and prematurely ending Miami's 34-game win-streak.

These zebras literally changed football history more than once and Miami has paid. Grateful it didn't hurt the Canes last night, but it's still vulgar.

Don't forget one of them was Tim Hasselbeck a guy who got his a$$ whooped at BC back in the days when he faced Butch Davis hurricanes. In 1999, Hasselbeck and Boston College choked a 28-0 game against Kenny Kelly Miami Hurricanes who came back to win 31-28. So I'm sure Hasselbeck still not over that and then throw in in 2000 Thanksgiving massacre at the Orange Bowl 52-6. He never beat Miami while at BC

1000%. Guys like Hasselbeck have such deep-rooted hatred and jealousy for Miami as they went to their nobody school and never made a mark against some great Miami teams—so they kick us when we're down and secretly love calling games we lose.

Advertisement
There is certainly merit to your point. That said, the two concepts can both exist. There is a high degree of incompetency among ACC referees, but they MOST CERTAINLY CHEAT AGAINST UM on a regular basis.
Oh I agree, there is certainly a bias towards Miami, but all in the all the ACC refs are some of the worst this season I have seen in my lifetime.

As I said in the game thread, if you ever needed a play to highlight why we've been bad for 20 years, show them the tape of our fastest WR (or one of the fastest) being hawked down.

That never used to happen.
Lamar Thomas has entered the chat.

Advertisement
Back