The Decline of South Florida

View as article
Advertisement

Check out the decline last week in fort Lauderdale lol.

By the way Mario offered an 11 yr old after the games out there

There will never be a decline with you three around.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

To add to what you two and Macho already said, we are also in a weird time from a communication standpoint.

Since we are all CFB fans who saw Keith Bryant trolling even before NIL, we know the effect attention/money can have on the athletes on campus.

However, Nick Saban’s Congressional complaints about the effect of money on the sport, on the human beings, on the family and friends around them, on the coaching staff’s, etc. are seen as unfavorable by a huge portion of people.

They think he hates to see his players earn a living for their family. Moreover, people put a bad, inaccurate labels on Nick Saban just because he is a white, older gentleman 🤦🏽‍♂️
Yes, because he was at the center of one of the biggest bag schemes in college football. It was never a problem for him until NIL came out, let's be real.

Advertisement
Yes, because he was at the center of one of the biggest bag schemes in college football. It was never a problem for him until NIL came out, let's be real.
THE TWO SO OPPOSED TO NIL WERE HIMA ND SABAN.

TWO GUYS KNEE DEEP IN DROPPING BAGS ILLEGALLY AND HATED THAT NIL WAS PUSHING THE PRICE UP AND WAS LEGAL AN EVENING THE PLAYING FIELD.

Look at Dabo currently still playing holier than though about the situation. .

Now I gotta defend Saban on a Miami board smh.🤦🏽‍♂️

I just don’t have that low level view of humanity.

Regardless of their politics, rightly or wrongly, I don’t look at Dabo and Saban and say — that guy doesn’t care about his players.

I wrote an article on here about Jeremy Bloom & how players should be paid a decade ago. It was an unjust system. I know where I stand and what my intellectual history is.

However, having read American history, the overstatements on comparing NCAA coaches to slave masters is disrespectful to the ex-slaves who fought in the Civil War, fled north, and intellectual leaders like Frederick Douglass and Harriet Tubman who were shining stars to all kinds of people about the future that was ahead.

It is also disrespectful to both the Reconstruction and Civil Rights generations who were not even afforded the opportunities to play sports in big money leagues.

It disrespectful to the black men who were drafted into wars without feeling safe in their own country or among their own military.

They were under much more daily pressure to survive, harder conditions to self educate, and worse discrimination today.

Some people believe this sports system is near identical to the plantation system. If you have that POV that’s fine.

My question would be: what do you really think about our head coach?

He knowingly left our University to work for this man, stayed there longer than any other stop as his assistant, and still maintains a great relationship with him.

He has openly stated that he took certain methodologies from Bama’ and Saban onwards to Oregon and UMiami.

2022:
"I don't want to go down that road of bidding for players out of high school. I don't," Saban said. "But if we go through this recruiting class this year and we lose all the players, because they're making a hundred thousand dollars going someplace else, then what can you do?

"The hard thing is there are no guardrails on this road. You can do whatever the **** you want, and in the end, most of this is not good for the players. You know, there are some terrible statistics out there about guys that transfer and how many of those guys graduate, terrible statistics on that. And we're enticing a lot of that."

He said the goal at Alabama is to set up deals for all scholarship players to receive somewhere in the $20,000-$25,000 range.

"That way, nobody feels that one player is getting a bunch of money to come here and another player feels like he's not getting anything," Saban said. "Once they get here and earn it, like a Bryce Young, I'm for them getting everything they can. Then everybody can earn whatever they can earn.

"I want to create equal opportunity for every player."

"There's no rules, no guidance, no nothing," Swinney said. "It's out of control. It's not sustainable. It's an absolute mess and a train wreck, and the kids are going to be the ones who suffer in the end. There are going to be a lot of kids that end up with no degrees and make decisions based on the wrong things."

Like Swinney, Saban is concerned over the increasing professionalism of college football.

"It's our job to create a platform, to create value for the players' future, by getting an education, developing personal habits that are going to help them be successful -- and seeing if they can develop a career as a football player," said Saban, whose players at Alabama have earned nearly $1.7 billion in salary in professional football.

"This is not professional sports," he said. "I mean, we have free agency and no salary cap. That's basically what we have, right? There's no professional league that has that circumstance because none of them are stupid enough to have it, and that's what we have."

“I'm all fine with you all [getting] whatever you can get,” Saban, said Tuesday of his advice to his team. “The best thing you can do is hire some kind of representation.”

2011:

Steve Spurrier has a plan to pay football players - and it wouldn't cost schools or conferences a dime.

South Carolina's head ball coach offered an interesting yet far-from-feasible proposal Wednesday that would give 70 players a $300 stipend every game.

Spurrier acknowledged that the plan probably won't get very far at the Southeastern Conference's annual meetings or in the NCAA realm, but it could open the door for future dialogue on the issue of sharing millions in college football revenue with the guys who really make it happen.

Spurrier, Florida's Will Muschamp, Alabama's Nick Saban, LSU's Les Miles, Mississippi's Houston Nutt, Mississippi State's Dan Mullen and Tennessee's Derek Dooley signed the proposal.

"A bunch of us coaches felt so strongly about it that we would be willing to pay it - 70 guys, 300 bucks a game," Spurrier said. "That's only $21,000 a game. I doubt it will get passed, but as coaches in the SEC, we make all the money - as do universities, television - and we need to get more to our players.

"We would like to make that happen. Probably won't, but we'd love to do it."
The total cost would be less than $300,000 for a coach whose team plays 14 games. But Spurrier acknowledged that not every coach in the country would be able to do the same, and there would be potential Title IX implications and other hurdles.

"I just wish there was a way to give our players a piece of the pie," Spurrier said. "It's so huge right now. As you know, 50 years ago there wasn't any kind of money and the players got full scholarships. Now, they're still getting full scholarships and the money is in the millions. I don't know how to get it done. Hopefully there's a way to get our guys that play football a little piece of the pie."

Kentucky coach Joker Phillips, the only African-American head coach, said Spurrier's proposal was received well, but he declined to sign it without more details and discussion.

"We had a dialogue with it," Phillips said. "We talked about having a way to put money to allow the prospects to get some type of expense money. Steve brought a proposal in that opened up some dialogue. It wasn't a real standard deal, so I wasn't willing to put my name on anything that wasn't set in stone."

Last edited:
To add to what you two and Macho already said, we are also in a weird time from a communication standpoint.

Since we are all CFB fans who saw Keith Bryant trolling even before NIL, we know the effect attention/money can have on the athletes on campus.

However, Nick Saban’s Congressional complaints about the effect of money on the sport, on the human beings, on the family and friends around them, on the coaching staff’s, etc. are seen as unfavorable by a huge portion of people.

They think he hates to see his players earn a living for their family. Moreover, people put a bad, inaccurate labels on Nick Saban just because he is a white, older gentleman 🤦🏽‍♂️

TrumpyCane would agree with you, however Saban’s players were already getting paid

Why didn’t he tell the boosters to stop dropping bags illegally to these kids?

TrumpyCane would agree with you, however Saban’s players were already getting paid

I think when he thinks Julio Jones is going to be Julio Jones, he pays him and his family.

If he would’ve told them to stop dropping bags, he would have been doing more damage to the money that went to the families.

He never said he was against players forming a union to represent themselves getting a slice of the revenue pie.

He did not think the schools had enough money to pay all the players in a payment system without guardrails.

He did not think it was appropriate for certain freshmen to get much more than other / then one season later he and every other coach in the nation really their distribution of money was way off & now it’s madness in the portal.

2022:
"I don't want to go down that road of bidding for players out of high school. I don't," Saban said. "But if we go through this recruiting class this year and we lose all the players, because they're making a hundred thousand dollars going someplace else, then what can you do?

"The hard thing is there are no guardrails on this road. You can do whatever the **** you want, and in the end, most of this is not good for the players. You know, there are some terrible statistics out there about guys that transfer and how many of those guys graduate, terrible statistics on that. And we're enticing a lot of that."

He said the goal at Alabama is to set up deals for all scholarship players to receive somewhere in the $20,000-$25,000 range.

"That way, nobody feels that one player is getting a bunch of money to come here and another player feels like he's not getting anything," Saban said. "Once they get here and earn it, like a Bryce Young, I'm for them getting everything they can. Then everybody can earn whatever they can earn.

"There's no rules, no guidance, no nothing," Swinney said. "It's out of control. It's not sustainable. It's an absolute mess and a train wreck, and the kids are going to be the ones who suffer in the end. There are going to be a lot of kids that end up with no degrees and make decisions based on the wrong things."

Like Swinney, Saban is concerned over the increasing professionalism of college football.

"It's our job to create a platform, to create value for the players' future, by getting an education, developing personal habits that are going to help them be successful -- and seeing if they can develop a career as a football player," said Saban, whose players at Alabama have earned nearly $1.7 billion in salary in professional football.

"This is not professional sports," he said. "I mean, we have free agency and no salary cap. That's basically what we have, right? There's no professional league that has that circumstance because none of them are stupid enough to have it, and that's what we have."

I’m not saying the guy is mother Theresa. What I said was he cares for his players.

I’m saying, when a player calls him and asks, “hey can talk? my mom has breast cancer can we talk on the phone for a bit, and idk what to do.”

He isnt rushing them off the phone because he wants to take a money bath. He isn’t going to forget to follow up. He will maintain contact communication with the family and help them out.

How would he even know his player’s daughter went to Princeton if he didn’t maintain relationships with his former players? That dude graduated in the 90s

Advertisement
Don't you hate when you want to say something, but the thread is inactive & your post won't get as many likes as you want it to? Lol. I don't be on here as much as I used to.

To put it simply, I actually agree S. Fla fell off partially, Miami Dade fell off the worst though. The pandemic hurt kids' recruitments, demographic change (a lot of black people left the area for other parts of Florida/other states, I just moved to South Carolina) and honestly, the kids lost track of the goal. It's a LOT of young kids that should be playing football right now that are too busy trying to live out their NBA Youngboy dreams. They not focused on school or sports at all. I had a coach tell me that his school literally stopped recruiting South Florida because they felt the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

The 2020-2022 classes were mostly dog **** but I actually think we are making a comeback based on what I'm seeing out of the 2023-2026 classes & what I'm seeing on the little league level. That 90s/2000s era where every college coach in America was trying to recruit a South Florida kid, where you had kids from Krop, Varela and Braddock getting SEC offers and the tri-county having more Division 1 signees than the entire state of Pennsylvania is over though.

I think when he thinks Julio Jones is going to be Julio Jones, he pays him and his family.

If he would’ve told them to stop dropping bags, he would have been doing more damage to the money that went to the families.

He never said he was against players forming a union to represent themselves getting a slice of the revenue pie.

He did not think the schools had enough money to pay all the players in a payment system without guardrails.

He did not think it was appropriate for certain freshmen to get much more than other / then one season later he and every other coach in the nation really their distribution of money was way off & now it’s madness in the portal.

2022:

I’m not saying the guy is mother Theresa. What I said was he cares for his players.

I’m saying, when a player calls him and asks, “hey can talk? my mom has breast cancer can we talk on the phone for a bit, and idk what to do.”

He isnt rushing them off the phone because he wants to take a money bath. He isn’t going to forget to follow up. He will maintain contact communication with the family and help them out.

How would he even know his player’s daughter went to Princeton if he didn’t maintain relationships with his former players? That dude graduated in the 90s
Bro cut the bullsh*t...they let u run to long with this saban narrative in this thread.

"He cares about his players".

Imma give you a heads up as a former college football player...ALL the coaches run that same game and narrative. All of em.

How much players were running back to Tuscaloosa to be with him?. Theres a ton of p his star players that dont mess with him...an the ENTIRE dolphins, roster didnt mess with him to tough.

He got right at BAMA paying for guys...he has paid for guys at all his stops with bags....he built a dynasty at bama to the point they were getting them on a discount at that point after winning chips and now kids were coming to get to the draft as fast as possible.

NIL wasnt in his wheel house as there was no longer the "SAFEGUARDS" That he wanted on the other teams...while him and his sec counterparts could drop bags like they been doing for decades without any consequences. Now kids like Najee Harris wouldnt have to get paid to go live in Tuscaloosa for 3 years when they didnt want to ...but could get paid legaly and go to the schools they actually really wanted to attend where they wanted to. ( Hes another guy that didt gel with Saban an wouldnt have went there if nil was present, kid was homeless and they had to move his mom to bama to keep him from transferring out)

He has guys that like him n guys that dont like every other coach...but u pretty close to getting pregnant by ol Nick by the riding im seeing.

The areas that there definitely a decline:

Southern Miami Dade (Down South)
Palm Beach County (wtf has happened here)

Last edited:
Don't you hate when you want to say something, but the thread is inactive & your post won't get as many likes as you want it to? Lol. I don't be on here as much as I used to.

To put it simply, I actually agree S. Fla fell off partially, Miami Dade fell off the worst though. The pandemic hurt kids' recruitments, demographic change (a lot of black people left the area for other parts of Florida/other states, I just moved to South Carolina) and honestly, the kids lost track of the goal. It's a LOT of young kids that should be playing football right now that are too busy trying to live out their NBA That 90s/2000s era where every college coach in America was trying to recruit a South Florida kid, where you had kids from Krop, Varela and Braddock getting SEC offers and the tri-county having more Division 1 signees than the entire state of Pennsylvania is over though.
Youngboy dreams. They not focused on school or sports at all. I had a coach tell me that his school literally stopped recruiting South Florida because they felt the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

The 2020-2022 classes were mostly dog **** but I actually think we are making a comeback based on what I'm seeing out of the 2023-2026 classes & what I'm seeing on the little league level.
maybe cause i still reside in the hotbed of south florida...in SOUTHERN BROWARD- NEAR NORTHERN DADE.

Im not able to see the decline because the area is still vibrant and choc full.

Now Down South where u from...you can likely see it more so...and i may agree on that.

What hampered a bit though was covid classes...honestly alot of late south florida bloomers that use to get g5 offers end of the year or fcs offers got NOTHING because there were guys like CAM MCCORMICK at every school taking up ships.

Ive heard the same from some colleges as well, but it was always colleges who never really got from down here anyway or guys that were flat out lost as evaluators/recruiters as coaches. Had the same coach tell me he needed to see more or dont think a kid was all that on a kid i sent his hudl too and he was a fcs coach...same kid went power 4.

I told everyone Desmond Reid was the fastest rb in south florida on the field...he had to go to Western Carolina tear sh*t up there now transferred to PITT. Deangelo Ponds same sh*t.

On the bolded it will be tough cause now adays the kids wont stay at the Krops or Verla becausse they can just transfer out with no consequences and the Lebron era led to alot of them being COOL with being a rotation player at Central, Chaminade, AH, STA. Their parents are cool with it too cause they get to be on facebook braggin about there 30 dollar state trophy.
For example probably the best lb i saw last year was at........................NOVA Hs. I doubt any colleges go check out Nova so i just saw he transferred out to STA. Which may be good on his part...kid could play but got no traction being at Nova. Hes probably 6'1 225-230 and is sideline to sideline

Bro cut the bullsh*t...they let u run to long with this saban narrative in this thread.

"He cares about his players".

Imma give you a heads up as a former college football player...ALL the coaches run that same game and narrative. All of em.

How much players were running back to Tuscaloosa to be with him?. Theres a ton of p his star players that dont mess with him...an the ENTIRE dolphins, roster didnt mess with him to tough.

He got right at BAMA paying for guys...he has paid for guys at all his stops with bags....he built a dynasty at bama to the point they were getting them on a discount at that point after winning chips and now kids were coming to get to the draft as fast as possible.

NIL wasnt in his wheel house as there was no longer the "SAFEGUARDS" That he wanted on the other teams...while him and his sec counterparts could drop bags like they been doing for decades without any consequences. Now kids like Najee Harris wouldnt have to get paid to go live in Tuscaloosa for 3 years when they didnt want to ...but could get paid legaly and go to the schools they actually really wanted to attend where they wanted to. ( Hes another guy that didt gel with Saban an wouldnt have went there if nil was present, kid was homeless and they had to move his mom to bama to keep him from transferring out)

He has guys that like him n guys that dont like every other coach...but u pretty close to getting pregnant by ol Nick by the riding im seeing.

The areas that there definitely a decline:

Southern Miami Dade (Down South)
Palm Beach County (wtf has happened here)
again, Im never said the dude was Santa Claus and the players were his elves. What I am talking about is outside of how his bags won him games. The reason i brought him up is because of the distortions in how people see things.

I said he cares about his players. Caring about your players does not mean you do not care about yourself first, or that you get along with all your players. You think differently, OK then.

I’m well aware of the varying relationships with coaches & players, and how productivity can bring that bond closer, or coaching styles don’t gel with certain players.

I know how to select words, I choose em carefully. If I wanted to say all of his players love him, I would’ve wrote that.

I didn’t bring the dude back up, I made two posts — prompted by what’s on topic. Macho said he had a player turn chance at a free education because the player thought the school’s brand wasn’t big enough. That is the same **** shxt Saban is talking about. If you don’t think that’s crazy, OKAY.

if you don’t think the increase in CFB and CBB transfers has had more negative than positive impacts in the aggregate, OKAY.

Calling the head coaches of CFB slave masters is just a lazy annd dumb *** comparison, which is why I brought it up. My ancestors, and plenty of others, were actually some **** slaves. Like forreal.

Then they actually had to live through segregation with no access to good libraries or technological advancements to self-educate. They actually couldn’t even compete in the same sports leagues as white people. Blocked out of economic mobility.

Everyone is so blinded by the money (like you bringing this back to bags n shxt) that they can’t see the forest from the trees, or keep their emotions in ****** check. No one is forcing families to play football to go pro yo. It is a GAME and a blessing if the professional league wants you.

The point the coach was making is that if you value a short term incentive (i.e. 500k/4 years from school A over 400K/4 years from school B), you may end up ****** up your life and not be able to transfer to school B.

Meanwhile, school A lies about how much they will give, your main recruiter and position coach leaves to another program, and on top of all that school A has Manny Diaz coaching you and he doesn’t know how to get you better.

School B has an elite S&C program, elite coaches, program stability, and the NFL loves them so it will boost your chances of being a high pick & in the long run, SINCE YOU CARE ABOUT THE MONEY AND I CAN ALIGN YOU WITH YOUR GOALS, YOU CAN GET DEVELOPED AS A FOOTBALL PLAYER BETTER AT SCHOOL B, WHICH WILL LEAVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WITH MORE MONEY.

BECOMING A HIGHER PICK AND MORE PREPARED FOR THE NEXT LEVEL. SINCE THE ONLY REASON THE RECRUIT HAS A CHANCE TO MAKE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS IS BECAUSE OF FOOTBALL, NOT BECAUSE OF HIS STREAMING FOLLOWERS OR GRADES OR BECAUSE ITS A CHARITY.

More and more Cormani McClains washing out and having to walk on at schools that offered them 6 figures the prior year. Whole family lookin dumb af, mom, wherever his daddy is, and himself over everything.

Dude lost his opportunity and is still showing up late ****** up his life at UF.

Saban was still finishing in the top 5 when the NIL introduced. Before NIL he didn’t win a ring every year. He won 86% of his games the last three years (NIL era). His career winning average at Alabama is 87%.

2021: Close loss against A&M. Loss to Georgia in the championship.

2022: Really struggling NIL era Nick. Jermaine Burton, Elias Ricks, and Jahmyr Gibbs transfer to Alabama despite success elsewhere.

Lost 2 games by a combined total of 4 points.

2023: Goes to the CFP and goes to overtime against eventual champs Michigan. Yall aint

Dude was doing the same shxt he always does but you guys wanna make up stories about him falling off because it makes you feel better.

His biggest issue was his best assistant left and revamped the blueprint at a powerhouse. The guys Kirby Smart beat him with, and won back to back chips with, in 2021 were UGA bagged up, not NIL players. They were already on the team. Bama beat UGA last season.

That hurt them more than anything else IMO. LIKE MY OWN OPINION, THAT I USE TO THINK, AND YOU CAN USE YOURS TO HAVE YOURS TOO AND WE KEEP IT PUSHIN. Deion Sanders and 100 other coaches saying the same **** shxt Saban is.

And again, my point is, if he is devil, then what is MARIO? FAUST? Mario LEFT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI TO GO WORK FOR THE DUDE FOR FIVE YEARS AND TALKS ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GUY GLOWINGLY.

BEST ASSISTANT COACH-RECRUITER OF THE YEAR THREE TIMES AT BAMA. SO WHAT WAS HE DOING TO GET SOUTH FLORIDA PLAYERS TO NOT TO COME OUR SCHOOL? HMMMM…….So clearly loyalty to the U aint always fealty when reality hits and people gotta advance themselves.

IDGAF about Saban like that. He is tied to our head coach forever, who is a **** monster recruiting and a monster oline coach. Meanwhile this board was calling him a corch and were clamoring for Lane f’n Kiffin over Mario which I thought was crazy.

Yall the ones who replied to me after I dropped it. Yall are too **** sensitive about this shxt and other people’s opinions yo.

I don’t wanna hear about this shxt again, last post on it. Peace.

Last edited:
Advertisement
again, Im never said the dude was Santa Claus and the players were his elves. What I am talking about is outside of how his bags won him games. The reason i brought him up is because of the distortions in how people see things.

I said he cares about his players. Caring about your players does not mean you do not care about yourself first, or that you get along with all your players. You think differently, OK then.

I’m well aware of the varying relationships with coaches & players, and how productivity can bring that bond closer, or coaching styles don’t gel with certain players.

I didn’t bring the dude back up, I made two posts — prompted by what’s on topic. Macho said he had a player turn chance at a free education because the player thought the school’s brand wasn’t big enough. That is the same **** shxt Saban is talking about. If you don’t think that’s crazy, OKAY.

if you don’t think the increase in CFB and CBB transfers has had more negative than positive impacts in the aggregate, OKAY.

Calling the head coaches of CFB slave masters is just a lazy annd dumb *** comparison, which is why I brought it up. My ancestors, and plenty of others, were actually some **** slaves. Like forreal.

Then they actually had to live through segregation with no access to good libraries or technological advancements to self-educate. They actually couldn’t even compete in the same sports leagues as white people.

Everyone is so blinded by the money (like you bringing this back to bags n shxt) that they can’t see the forest from the trees, or keep their emotions in ****** check. No one is forcing people to play football to go pro yo. It is a GAME and a blessing if the professional league wants you.

The guy was still finishing in the top 5 when the NIL introduced. Before NIL he didn’t win a ring every year. He won 86% of his games the last three years (NIL era). His career winning average at Alabama is 87%.

2021: Close loss against A&M. Loss to Georgia in the championship.

2022: Really struggling NIL era Nick. Jermaine Burton, Elias Ricks, and Jahmyr Gibbs transfer to Alabama despite success elsewhere.

Lost 2 games by a combined total of 4 points.

2023: Goes to the CFP and goes to overtime against eventual champs Michigan. Yall aint

Dude was doing the same shxt he always does but you guys wanna make up stories about him falling off because it makes you feel better.

His biggest issue was his best assistant left and revamped the blueprint at a powerhouse. The guys Kirby Smart beat him with, and won back to back chips with, in 2021 were UGA bagged up, not NIL players. They were already on the team. Bama beat UGA last season.

That hurt them more than anything else IMO. LIKE MY OWN OPINION, THAT I USE TO THINK, AND YOU CAN USE YOURS TO HAVE YOURS TOO AND WE KEEP IT PUSHIN.

And again, my point is, if he is devil, then what is MARIO? FAUST? Mario LEFT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI TO GO WORK FOR THE DUDE FOR FIVE YEARS AND TALKS ABOUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GUY GLOWINGLY.

BEST ASSISTANT COACH-RECRUITER OF THE YEAR THREE TIMES AT BAMA. SO WHAT WAS HE DOING TO GET SOUTH FLORIDA PLAYERS TO NOT TO COME OUR SCHOOL? HMMMM…….So clearly loyalty to the U aint always fealty when reality hits and people gotta advance themselves.

IDGAF about Saban like that. He is tied to our head coach forever, who is a **** monster recruiting and a monster oline coach. Meanwhile this board was calling him a corch and were clamoring for Lane f’n Kiffin over Mario which I thought was crazy.

Yall the ones who replied to me after I dropped it. Yall are too **** sensitive about this shxt and other people’s opinions yo.

I don’t wanna hear about this shxt again, last post on it. Peace.
Your preaching to the wrong person...I wanted Lane Kiffin over Mario and think he is a better coach than Mario...CURRENTLY. Mario was maybe 3rd on my HC List my man.

I personally never called it slave labor, etc...or even said he fell off. I know he retired and was against NIL meanwhile always Bagged up players at EVERYONE of his college stops.
There was no way Bama could fall off as they have been stacking classes on top of classes and essentially just battling uga or osu for the #1 class every year.

His biggest issue of being seen as a god to the players were about to be stripped away with nil and the leverage going to the players. He wouldnt/couldnt last as an nfl coach for the same reason and saw college becoming that and packed up earlier than he wouldve liked more than likely. (dude wasnt tyring to recruit players to come AND negotiate with his second stringers to stay)...He tampered with Gibbs and Burton to get them to come over to Bama. Gibbs was more than obvious as dude was ensuring articles of lack of rb depth were being posted. lol

What Macho talked about was NOT the same as what Saban talked about, Macho spoke to the culture of a south florida player that has ALWAYS been presnt?.

Me being from here i know first hand......Anything below DIV 1 is almost seen as beneath guys....AND REDSHIRTING is considered BLASPHEMY...ask Macho about that and i bet you he would tell you it was like that when he played high school.

Advertisement
The decline was evident this weekend.

I think it’s just cyclical, but we’re lucky the budget expanded when it did and gave us the ability to win national battles.
The decline was evident because South Florida lost to 3more physically mature teams? Maybe if we saw one of those teams get completely annihilated but Chaminade played a Bosco team that will be the top team in the nation next year based off how stacked their junior and sophomore class. Look at the size difference in the trenches and Chaminade with a sophomore QB still was 15 yards away from tying it up.

That Gorman teams entire OL either is already committed to a P4 team or has an offer and that was without SJ. STA gave them a great game and this is a rare year where STA doesn’t have that much big time senior standouts.

Heritage just lost to a Milton team that was better coached and just physically better. From the left tackle who comes from NFL pedigree to the TE that will be another standout in the Todd Hartley factory. In fact that skill talent helped hide some flaws in Nickel’s game but 🤐

All around I think too much is being made out of this weekend especially when part of the reason some of these top teams lost is because they’re struggling Twitch having a 15-16 year old replace a Ryan Mack or OJ or JoJo Trader the same guys that walked into UM and are already pushing our guys..

Carry on

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back