The Bank (6/28)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The run on commitments is underway. Several names identified on last week's Bank (Amari Wallace, Ezekiel Marcelin, Chris Ewald) have already popped. Here is the latest, most direct information on the state of Miami recruiting:

- DE Herbert Scroggins (Savannah, GA) announces at 11 AM. My pick is Miami. He is a top-of-the-board target and has been for months. Legit 6'3 with an ideal frame for a standup backer.

- Miami is in a very strong position for Hylton "Drake" Stubbs...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Do you think they’d take SJ and Smith if they wanted in, and if so would it push Muex?

(Also, not important but believe you put Antoine’s hometown for Upshaw, he’s a Phenix City kid)

Advertisement
I'm not someone who needs it but this does appear to be a class with a different approach. Not a ton of "whales" that we appear to be after.

Approve South Park GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it will pick up when Cam Ward is throwing touchdowns on TV.

That is all well and good, but would it also help to see Emory in for mop-up duty, to show that we at least have a moderate answer for 2025? Or does Ward being the guy make it more likely that we go Portal next year for QB (and show the recruits that we can land a quality one-year-rental)?

Why only 1 rb? A smaller back at that…
Pre-portal, I always felt you should take 2 RBs because of injury risk. Now with the risk of portals (out) and injury, I really don’t like only taking 1 unless they’re gambling on being able to land a portal RB again if they have to.

Advertisement
That is all well and good, but would it also help to see Emory in for mop-up duty, to show that we at least have a moderate answer for 2025? Or does Ward being the guy make it more likely that we go Portal next year for QB (and show the recruits that we can land a quality one-year-rental)?
You can bet the house that our 2025 QB is not on roster at this time. They will go big whale hunting in the portal for it. 2026 then it could be different.

Do you expect the staff to expand the board as the Senior seasons start?

Will they offer & recruit more players throughout the year?
Every year that happens brother. Lil more than midway through the season the board resets based on current evaluations. With Mario that's even more of a point of emphasis. He's always got eyes on that.

Advertisement
Back