The Bank (10/16)

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami's class rank in 2023 was 284.64

Miami's class rank in 2024 was 291.52

Miami currently stands at 264.48 on 10/16.

What do you need to add to get to at least 284? Well, adding some combination of DJ Pickett, Vernell Brown III, Ben Hanks, and Jarquez Carter would help.

IMO, when all the ink dries, this class will be somewhere between 6-9 (it is currently ranked #12 as I write this today, but really only 1 decent recruit away from getting to #10). Which is great. When you sign the #7 class, back it up with the #4 class, and back that up with a class between 6-9, you are recruiting in the top 5% of the sport. That's how you create championship depth. Go reel em in, Mario.

Advertisement
He skipper a year of high school, he’s not on Bain or Scott’s level as a true freshman
Yet he is playing snaps already as a TF along the DL and the report is that they expect him to get more time. This kid is an animal and would have been a top 5 player this cycle(he was before he moved up). Good players only stay 3-4 years, the whole RS thing is pointless for those players. If anything, save just in case he has a freak injury.

What do you need to add to get to at least 284? Well, adding some combination of DJ Pickett, Vernell Brown III, Ben Hanks, and Jarquez Carter would help.

IMO, when all the ink dries, this class will be somewhere between 6-9 (it is currently ranked #12 as I write this today, but really only 1 decent recruit away from getting to #10). Which is great. When you sign the #7 class, back it up with the #4 class, and back that up with a class between 6-9, you are recruiting in the top 5% of the sport. That's how you create championship depth. Go reel em in, Mario.
If we go undefeated I think you're underestimating Mario on the trail with real results and a story.

Advertisement

Is that "just HS recruits", or does it include the Portal class? Just curious.

Thank you, sir!

EDIT: Sorry if unclear, I meant the prior year numbers. Clearly, nobody has any Portal guys yet for Class of 2025.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we go undefeated I think you're underestimating Mario on the trail with real results and a story.

I hope I am. But in order to get into the Top 5, we have to get to at least 290-295 points. UGA right now has the #5 class, and they have 293. Could kids flip from those Top 5 schools? Sure. So there can be some movement. But I just don't see getting quite that high.

Let's do this as an exercise. Let's say we keep every kid we currently have committed, and we add this haul, which I think we can all agree would be absolutely insane and probably not very likely:

DJ Pickett
Vernell Brown III
Jarquez Carter
Ben Hanks
Kellen Wiley

That's 27 commits........and puts us at 287.77 points. Still not enough to get into the Top 5, in all likelihood. Even adding Elijah Griffin to that puts us at 295. Probably right at the cusp of the Top 5.

So I don't doubt Mario. There isn't a soul on this board who wanted this guy (nary a hint of Diddy, btw) more than me, and it's because of what he does on the trail. But it's just a math problem at this point. So, if I had to bet, I would say we do not get into the top 5, and #6 is probably the ceiling. JMO. I'd be more than happy to be wrong in December.

15-0
#1 Class
1729087899863.jpeg

Need 16

Is that "just HS recruits", or does it include the Portal class? Just curious.

Thank you, sir!

High school recruiting only. No portal additions.

2023 was the #7 class, with 284.64 points.

2024 was the #4 class, with 291.52 points.

And those metrics are relatively consistent over the past 2 years.

For example, 284 points would have gotten you the #7 class in 2023 (which is what we got) and also would have been the #7 class in 2024 as well.

291 points would have gotten you the #4 class in 2024 (which is what we got) and would have been the #4 class in 2023 as well.

So these overall numbers aren't wildly different, year over year. The problem this year is, the Top 5 all have super elite classes, it's not quite as top heavy as it usually is.

Ohio State is at 312
Alabama is at 305
Auburn is at 296
LSU is at 296
UGA is at 293

There are only 2 instances I could find in the last 20 years where 5 different schools all pushed 295 points. Usually 295 gets you well into the Top 5. It likely will not this year.

Advertisement
Back