Thanks for a Great Season Canes

MiamiJoe

Sophomore
Even though the ending wasn't what we hoped for it was still a great year. I hope the naysayers show them the respect they are do as Canes. Next year will be one to look forward to with Coach L's great incoming recruits.

Advertisement
It was a lot of fun. One of the best Canes teams ever.

Nova just came out sharper and quicker to the 50/50 balls.

Part of the reason why Nova was so successful was that they've been here before and was embarrassed. Their returning players used that as motivation this season. I can only hope our underclassmen do the same.

I think they needed to get to the Sweet 16 this year for the season to be considered a success, and they did. Good year. Coming in to this season we pretty much knew what we had to work with. Next year should be interesting with a lot of new pieces.

Advertisement
Sheldon McClellan talent wise was arguably Miami's best player ever, wish he was a bit more agressive but man was he fun to watch. Hope the heat can pick him up to replace wade and then have josh Richardson at pg with dragic, wade with McClellan behind him and Winslow, whiteside and bosh

This team had a great run...it needed the carmelo anthony effect ... That one stud to possibly put it all together

Hate to go out like that. Nova wanted it more and beat us for every loose ball, big rebound, and hustle play.

Great season and hope Larranaga can take the highly ranked incoming class and continue to build so we have games this late in March on the regular. Angel and Sheldon were a great tandem and best of luck to both.

Hate to go out like that. Nova wanted it more and beat us for every loose ball, big rebound, and hustle play.

Great season and hope Larranaga can take the highly ranked incoming class and continue to build so we have games this late in March on the regular. Angel and Sheldon were a great tandem and best of luck to both.

Truth. I think we're going to miss Angel and Sheldon.

Newton needs to get in the gym and put in a ton of work. Reed will need to be a leader. Hopefully the young kids are ready to play.

Advertisement
Sheldon McClellan talent wise was arguably Miami's best player ever, wish he was a bit more agressive but man was he fun to watch. Hope the heat can pick him up to replace wade and then have josh Richardson at pg with dragic, wade with McClellan behind him and Winslow, whiteside and bosh

McClellan is a fringe prospect.

He might go undrafted.

Last edited:
Very good season. If we're going to be good next season, Brown and Huell will need to be good and fast. Otherwise it's going to be a long season. No faith in Newton whatsoever.

He might undrafted.

I just don't see how? He is excellent at shooting 3s and 2 pointers and can defend very well, is also extremely athletic. I think he goes in the second round and if he does the heat better get him

Advertisement

He might undrafted.

I just don't see how? He is excellent at shooting 3s and 2 pointers and can defend very well, is also extremely athletic. I think he goes in the second round and if he does the heat better get him

He looks to have all the tools to play in the NBA, but for no particular reason I think he's a 2nd rounder who ends up in Europe.

He might go undrafted.

He's very tentative. He does have a good skill set but guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

I hope he has a good career, but I think it'll be overseas like Gamble.

Advertisement
Good season by the Canes. Before the season, I thought they had potential to make it to the Elite 8 due to the Balance if their personnel (talent, experience, and depth). However, when the bracket was revealed I didn't see them getting pass by Nova.

I enjoyed the season , it's nice to have a good badketball program .

That being said ,Next year should be entertaining , look forward to watching the young kids grow up . Lots of talent .

Great season. This was a fun team to watch all year. We got beat by a better team that hit everything tonight. Go canes.

Advertisement
Back