Stetson at Miami on December 4th 2020 on the ACC Network

Lykes & Wong had a terrific first half.

Would love to see Cross get more looks, he's really a natural shooter & can ball.

I told yall McGusty can be a good swing guard slasher on the perimeter, he can get buckets driving to the basket & running the floor on fast breaks, but Coach L should drill it in his head not to shoot 3's lol.

Need to see Beverly wake up in the 2nd half & gotta get Brooks more looks from the paint & get some easy lob pass buckets.

In fairness to Brooks, he is an 8 point, 6 rebound guy. I am not sure why some people expect him to be a double double guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes on Cross, he can score at all 3 levels, he is just not a 3 point shooter. I know he a freshman but these are the games to get him some more shots.
We have signed some "low IQ" guys in Larranaga's tenure. Limited action in two games but he certainly has a great feel for the game already

In fairness to Brooks, he is an 8 point, 6 rebound guy. I am not sure why some people expect him to be a double double guy.

Brooks will get more involved when we played teams in man. He is a good rim runner and will be a good lob threat out of pick and rolls. The fact that he has added any semblance of a post game will improve his scoring output from when he was at Cincy

The way we're playing right now we look really good. Add in Timberlake and this is a team that can compete with some of the top ACC teams.

I completely agree with that.

Depth and health will determine the success of this season. Talent is not a problem.

Advertisement
It's the matchup, Stetson doesn't have Rim protectors who can effectively Defend on the interior in the paint against Brooks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lykes & Wong had a terrific first half.

Would love to see Cross get more looks, he's really a natural shooter & can ball.

I told yall McGusty can be a good swing guard slasher on the perimeter, he can get buckets driving to the basket & running the floor on fast breaks, but Coach L should drill it in his head not to shoot 3's lol.

Need to see Beverly wake up in the 2nd half & gotta get Brooks more looks from the paint & get some easy lob pass buckets.
Feel like I always finding myself saying “McGusty has been terrible” before looking at the stat sheet and seeing 10-15 points. My big complaint with him is really the carelessness with the basketball.

Advertisement
Back