Starting QB

I was by the hect like twice a week and would stop by the practice field and watch for 30 min or so... and all I ever came away with is holy s@&#t that # 24 is absolutely shredding our defense I mean he would run over a LB break into the open field shake the DB's then out run the safeties . I was just like wtf.... why doesn't he play so I asked swasey and he said yeah storm is not the best off the field and is in Randy's DOG house big time other than that he said storm was head and shoulders better than LM as a complete running back. Of course LM presented the home run threat we saw this year but he just didnt have the toughness to get those extra 3 tough yards that would put his team over the top an allow them to come out victorious.

Shredding the 2010 defense wasn't exactly an accomplishment.

So a coach just flat out told you a player was in the head coaches dog house?

Advertisement
Here is an article about storm after his spring game at Ucf

UCF coach George O’Leary admitted last season that it was painful having a running back as talented as Johnson on the practice field and not being able to use him on Saturday afternoons. To O’Leary it was the equivalent of owning a souped-up sports car confined to stop-and-go traffic in the city.

But in those practices, when Johnson was running with the scout team and routinely ripping off big gains, O’Leary saw the tremendous promise that was ahead for UCF’s offense when Johnson became eligible. And again this spring, O’Leary liked what he saw from the back with the rare blend of power and speed.

Talent was never the problem with Johnson, lets wait and see if he can keep his head straight for an entire year.

I was by the hect like twice a week and would stop by the practice field and watch for 30 min or so... and all I ever came away with is holy s@&#t that # 24 is absolutely shredding our defense I mean he would run over a LB break into the open field shake the DB's then out run the safeties . I was just like wtf.... why doesn't he play so I asked swasey and he said yeah storm is not the best off the field and is in Randy's DOG house big time other than that he said storm was head and shoulders better than LM as a complete running back. Of course LM presented the home run threat we saw this year but he just didnt have the toughness to get those extra 3 tough yards that would put his team over the top an allow them to come out victorious.

Shredding the 2010 defense wasn't exactly an accomplishment.

So a coach just flat out told you a player was in the head coaches dog house?

he was pretty much hinting that by saying storm ****ed of RS in multiple ways...but mostly emphasized that storm was the complete package on the field. at ;east more complete of a back then LM

I had high aspirations for Storm. He looks like he can potentially be a workhorse complete type of back. I don't know about him being better than Miller though

Wow. I'm a bit surprised at how one-sided the Morris choice is. Few thoughts:

Williams had 1/3 of a WR corps, divided into two, during the Spring game. Guys he hadn't played a down with. The drops were merciless, Walford's being the highlight. Garrett Kidd had 80-something yards.

If Morris has refined the mental side of the game, then he takes it, no question. His drive & body are fantastic. However, if we are using a West Coastish format on O, I think Williams has a great chance. Morris couldn't unseat J12 last year for one reason to me: when 12 threw a pick, it was because he made a stupid decision. Overestimating his arm, accuracy; disregarding the D. Decision-making. Morris, to my eyes, threw picks & was confused by it. It wasn't a decision issue. It was a read issue. Which Williams--seems--to be better at. Finding the open target, slipping to a wheel or flat.

Again, if Morris can do that, he's in by a landslide. But housing Williams off the gutted, unsexy showing this Spring is too small a sample.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back