Starting QB

Williams will be a serviceable back up. Morris is better and will start barring injury.

Can't wait until 2014, though.

Advertisement
I expect both QBs to get time throughout the season. Morris will start but I see Williams getting some quality game reps at some point. How he performs during that stretch will go a long way in determining the 2013 starter.

Morris will start... I wasnt impressed with Williams performance during the spring game... If Morris is healthy he'll start... Against a faster defense and more experienced I feel that a lot of Williams passes would have been in trouble... Now he wasnt horrible but he wasnt good either... And that deep pass to Scott was in the air for a long time and it went only about 25 yards...

Some folks on a rifle range are highly accurate shooters. But when other folks are shooting back, when it's real, and adrenaline is flowing, they can't hit the water in a boat.

In contrast, some who are so-so on the rifle range, when it's a genuine firefight, can't miss, they're dead-on, timely, and just unbelievable.

That's why I don't put all my faith in performance entirely based on the practice field. Or practice games when play call and personnel is limited.

What I don't know is how these last couple months waiting for football season are longer than the previous months combined?

Advertisement
For those hanging their (opinion) hat on Williams subpar Spring Game performance, please make note of the wide receivers he had for that game, and all spring for that matter.

I'd argue that Morris's first half performance vs. Maryland was far more impressive than he was in the ND game. 2nd half was another story, but he ran the offense incredibly efficiently for the first two quarters. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year.

Morris has to be the starter. Williams gives us a back-up with starting experience who can play in a pinch and hopefully allow us to redshirt the Freshman QB's.

Advertisement
I think its Morris and not really even close. And if this team wants to exceed expectations it needs Morris as the starter. He's a guy who can potentially make up for some of the deficiencies of the players around him. We'll need that.

Morris is going to be really good. I doubt Williams sees snaps unless Morris is injured or in a blow out.

Off topic.. I had to stop watching when I saw Storm get the ball in open space.. He should still be on this team

But yea Morris

AMEN...... would be by far the best player on the team. Sad all the talent the good ole corch wasted. But forget about it new season and new era right ?

Advertisement
I actually think Morris showed you everything you need to see in the opener against Maryland. The setting couldn't have been worse. Opener. Away game. New staff. At night in the pouring rain. He played his *** off; made some incredible throws; and imo, for his experience level, played one **** of a game.

Morris has the arm strength to be special. Precision will be the key. He can run too, and isn't afraid of contact. Hopefully thats not his downfall.
arm strength doesn't make a QB special

Morris has special arm strength plus better than average accuracy and decision-making. I think it's an easy choice from the fan's perspective (especially for those of us who saw the Spring Game).

Off topic.. I had to stop watching when I saw Storm get the ball in open space.. He should still be on this team

But yea Morris

AMEN...... would be by far the best player on the team. Sad all the talent the good ole corch wasted. But forget about it new season and new era right ?

Storm wasted his own talent.

yeah I doubt he commits to AG but I believe that with AG at the helm from day 1 Storm would be making Lamar Miller warm the bench this year and not help our lousy dolphins

Advertisement

But yea Morris

Storm wasted his own talent.

yeah I doubt he commits to AG but I believe that with AG at the helm from day 1 Storm would be making Lamar Miller warm the bench this year and not help our lousy dolphins

Wait, what? Nine ******* carries as a Hurricane, at least half of which were in already decided games, makes you think he would have started over Miller?

I was by the hect like twice a week and would stop by the practice field and watch for 30 min or so... and all I ever came away with is holy s@&#t that # 24 is absolutely shredding our defense I mean he would run over a LB break into the open field shake the DB's then out run the safeties . I was just like wtf.... why doesn't he play so I asked swasey and he said yeah storm is not the best off the field and is in Randy's DOG house big time other than that he said storm was head and shoulders better than LM as a complete running back. Of course LM presented the home run threat we saw this year but he just didnt have the toughness to get those extra 3 tough yards that would put his team over the top an allow them to come out victorious.

Here is an article about storm after his spring game at Ucf

UCF coach George O’Leary admitted last season that it was painful having a running back as talented as Johnson on the practice field and not being able to use him on Saturday afternoons. To O’Leary it was the equivalent of owning a souped-up sports car confined to stop-and-go traffic in the city.

But in those practices, when Johnson was running with the scout team and routinely ripping off big gains, O’Leary saw the tremendous promise that was ahead for UCF’s offense when Johnson became eligible. And again this spring, O’Leary liked what he saw from the back with the rare blend of power and speed.

Advertisement
Back