Star UTEP WR Jacob Cowing enters the portal

Advertisement
Don’t think we need a transfer receiver. Let’s let the young guys shine
If Lashlee or an Air Raid guy was our OC I would agree with this 100%.

But since we’re going to a more run friendly offense, we’re gonna need an experienced vet that can make tough catches off limited targets.

I agree that I want to see the young guys get plenty of reps & have an opportunity to shine, but in an offense that will have less volume in the passing game you’re gonna need someone that can come up in crunch time & make a catch when it’s absolutely needed.

If Lashlee or an Air Raid guy was our OC I would agree with this 100%.

But since we’re going to a more run friendly offense, we’re gonna need an experienced vet that can make tough catches off limited targets.

I agree that I want to see the young guys get plenty of reps & have an opportunity to shine, but in an offense that will have less volume in the passing game you’re gonna need someone that can come up in crunch time & make a catch when it’s absolutely needed.
This is depressing. Mumme me. Harrell me. Briles me. Please don’t Bro-Style me.

Advertisement
We don’t know what we have in the young WRs yet. We need to bring in at least one portal receiver.

People said this last year when I said we’ll be taking a portal wr. We needed one last year snd we need one this year.
I don't understand the the logic of not adding more talent to any position room. Unless it's clearly at the expense of other positions of need with similarly talented options available because of limited spots but I don't think that's the case and I trust Mario to make those judgments.

Briles is who I was referring to when I said we’re going to a more run friendly offense.

Briles is a run first OC with a good passing game, but his staple is the run game.
I don’t like it as much as what Lashlee was doing towards the end but it’s better than Enox. It’s just that run first doesn’t bode well when you can’t run first. We need to set up the run with the pass.

Advertisement
Briles is who I was referring to when I said we’re going to a more run friendly offense.

Briles is a run first OC with a good passing game, but his staple is the run game.
I truly hope can pivot like Lashlee did mid year and use the passing game to set up the running game. Or are we expecting Miribal and Mario to instantly fix the OL?

I think Breshard, Restrepo, Brinson, and George have star potential. Brinson, George on the outside with Restrepo and Breshard on the inside… nobody is stopping that but you cant say no to a certified playmaker with experience . I said before that I would take both Cowing and Ladson if they want to come but really only need 1 (Cowing) unless they move Redding to defense.

Advertisement
Plenty of passes to go around to bring in an experienced guy when we lose our all time single season and all time career receivers, as well as a depth player leaving. I doubt we are making a guarantee for any portal wr to get targets, they will have to earn them just like the young guys anyway. We have at least three WR leaving this year and only one signee, no question we need at least one from the portal for depth purposes at the minimum.

Advertisement
Mario just followed him
masturbating bobs burgers GIF

Advertisement
Back