Stanton Truitt, WR/RB from Auburn, Grad transfer

Advertisement
Highlights at 0:50, 7:30, 8:33.

Falling in love with that no.36 though.
What a load.

[video=youtube;e3WhGw5BQj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3WhGw5BQj4[/video]

Last edited:
Highlights at 0:44, 0:55, 9:50 through 10:20 (I think).
Not much on this one.

[video=youtube;N_r6mtYuYGw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_r6mtYuYGw[/video]

Highlights at 1:30 and 11:27.
Their QB White is horrible.

[video=youtube;QVNhBYXywDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVNhBYXywDA[/video]

Advertisement
Nice job [MENTION=608]MedleyCane[/MENTION] , thank you. He has plenty of speed and is a take regardless of class. He has been in S&C program and would be way ahead of most freshman. I see why he wants a transfer, they hardly play him and when they do some of the play calls were suspect. He would be smart to come here if the coaches want him.

Truitt just visited FAU & he's visiting UNC some time soon...

I would take him just so UNC doesn't get'em.

Truitt just visited FAU & he's visiting UNC some time soon...

I would take him just so UNC doesn't get'em.

Me too.
It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at FAU as Kiffin is a good recruiter and he will be selling kids on the Briles' offense, which is very popular these days.

Advertisement
I wonder if we talked Gus into coming back for another year? If he returns we're good. If we let STA know we aren't going after either of their backs I gotta believe we heard something good from someone.

Link to article
UNC Football: Tar Heels land Auburn graduate transfer Stanton Truitt

UNC Football: Tar Heels land Auburn graduate transfer Stanton Truitt

North Carolina lands Auburn graduate transfer Stanton Truitt

Less than 72 hours before the start of National Signing Day, the North Carolina Tar Heels landed a former four-star prospect in Auburn graduate transfer Stanton Truitt.

Truitt, a 5-foot-9, 185-pound running back out of Monroe, Georgia spent three seasons with the Tigers, but transfers to North Carolina with two years of eligibility remaining. He will not be required to sit out and can begin playing immediately.

In 2016, Truitt carried the ball 31 times for 187 yards and two touchdowns. He also had seven receptions for 100 yards and a score. He was one of the fastest athletes on the team and reportedly ran a 4.4 second 40-yard dash.

According to Truitt and the UNC coaching staff, he will be used as a running back and slot receiver.

After announcing his intent to transfer from Auburn, Truitt received offers to play at Florida Atlantic, Kansas State, Miami, Nevada, Southern Methodist, and Virginia Tech.

“I love North Carolina,” Truitt told CarolinaBlue. “I loved it. Just the school. The Business Department especially to get my Master’s Degree. I got to hang out with the players and coaches. Everything is straight. My family trusted them and one another there.”

The Tar Heels lose their top two rushers from last season in senior T.J. Logan and junior Elijah Hood which leaves plenty of opportunity for an experienced running back like Truitt.

The Tar Heels also say goodbye to senior receivers Ryan Switzer, Mack Hollins and Bug Howard, giving Truitt the opportunity to run routes and catch some passes as well.

“It’s a no brainer,” Truitt said. “The opportunity is there. I saw the film and saw everything I can do.”

With his combination of speed and athleticism, Truitt is a perfect fit for the Tar Heels’ uptempo offense and should get lots of playing time over the next two seasons.

Advertisement
Wow. Didn't realize UNC was losing their whole offense. No excuse to lose this game this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back