STAFF Coaching change after signing day

Carroll is the national recruiting coordinator, not the California recruiting coordinator.

If the rumor is true, I agree it's not Carrol...& least not for his getting a some looks and visits from kids outside of FL. I think he's done an OK job, all things considered, at being UM's national recruiting coordinator. (this was discussed in the Shaq Thompson thread a week or so ago) IMO, Carroll has done a pretty decent job of getting looks (& commits) from Cali, as well as outside of FL...for this offseson as well as last off season. To stay on topic of this thread, I don't think (or think it should be) him on the hot seat.

Advertisement
Who's coaching the secondary? I doubt Swasey, but that would be awesome. I'd def lean towards the secondary coach or Barrow.

[]_[]Fan2010;198570 said:
Who's coaching the secondary? I doubt Swasey, but that would be awesome. I'd def lean towards the secondary coach or Barrow.

Williams (the DB coach) isnt going anywhere. He's one of Al's guys from Temple. I doubt he decides to part ways after one season at UM, especially since its well known UM doesnt have quality players in the secondary..

Part of me believes MacDonald is gone back to the NFL and/or Barrow is gone. Art is already recruiting for 2013 so its not him and Swasey appears to have won Golden over too. Whoever is leaving definitely isnt leaving for another college job or being fired (as the move would of already been made to help out recruiting). They decided to either leave for another job (NFL) or retire...

Maybe 2 changes to staff/coaches.....one being worked on as of this moment is an addition to strength and conditioning staff...note ane ADDITION.

Advertisement
Advertisement
my guess is Carroll...considering Carroll is the recruiting coordinator, you certainly dont hear his name mentioned very often with recruits.

Advertisement
strength coach + nutritionist = PEDs =
69.jpg

an addition I can see, but no one is leaving.

**** I hate when someone starts a rumor just to see their name on the interwebs.

Link or One time lifetime 6month ban

Advertisement
Swasey isn't the problem. Seriously, get off that meme. You don't know what you don't know.....

Bears' job could be tough sell for Miami's Fisch

By Vaughn McClure, Tribune reporter

3:16 PM CST, January 25, 2012

MOBILE, Ala. -- It might be difficult for the Chicago Bears to lure Jedd Fisch to Chicago from South Beach, and it has nothing to do with the weather.
Fisch, now the offensive coordinator at the University of Miami, is high on the Bears' wish list for quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator. But several coaches familiar with Fisch said the 36-year-old has no desire to leave Miami at this time.
Part of Fisch's reservations, according to the coaches, has to do with the title of "passing game coordinator" and the duties that come with it. New offensive coordinator Mike Tice will call the plays in a revamped offense expected to be more run-oriented.
One source said Fisch also might not want to uproot his family after his wife gave birth to their second daughter two years ago.

That's not to say the Bears won't make a run at Fisch after his recruiting season ends Feb.1. Fisch did not respond to multiple messages left by the Tribune.
Fisch was the receivers coach in Denver when Jay Cutler played there, and the Bears would like to hire someone Cutler would be comfortable working alongside. Fisch interviewed to be the Bears' quarterbacks coach in 2007, but Pep Hamilton got the job.
The Bears interviewed former Tampa Bay offensive coordinator Greg Olson for their opening, but Olson was named the quarterbacks coach in Jacksonville. Tice wanted to add former Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter but Koetter was hired for the same position in Atlanta, And Titans quarterbacks coach/passing game coordinator Dowell Loggains had a strong desire to come work with Cutler until Tennessee denied the Bears' permission to interview him.
The Bears continue to monitor the status of Colts offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen, who could remain in Indianapolis, depending on the wishes of newly named head coach Chuck Pagano. Christensen and Lovie Smith were on the same Buccaneers' staff.
Ex-Seahawks offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates, Cutler's quarterbacks coach in Denver, will not be considered for the position.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...ell-for-miamis-fisch-20120125,0,3929025.story

Advertisement
Back