STA v. Homestead Broncos

The fact they beat Dillard and some of the offers their players have threw me off. Dillard had to be looking ahead. Homestead’s OL looked the part, but blocked like Stacy Searels was coaching them and their DL looked like the bottom of their cleats were greased. Just a really bad team and an even worse call on my part.

Dillard had to be looking forward or sat players.

you lucky you werent taking bets i had this as a BLOW OUT from the gate. The only local public school that has no fear of sta historically is the great old....MIRAMAR.

Advertisement
Do you know anything about Tampa Bay Tech? They kind of came out of nowhere and dominated this year.
I don't know anything about them, but I suspect that they are similar to Bloomingdale High School's team last year. Bloomingdale had a gaudy record and a WR committed to Bama (Agiye Hall) and STA bludgeoned them. I'll probably be wrong about this, but I think STA will win.

Advertisement
I don't know anything about them, but I suspect that they are similar to Bloomingdale High School's team last year. Bloomingdale had a gaudy record and a WR committed to Bama (Agiye Hall) and STA bludgeoned them. I'll probably be wrong about this, but I think STA will win.
Bloomingdale received an influx of transfers. Agiye was at Armwood before transferring to Bloomingdale. Tech has been steadily building for about 10 years now. Its just all coming together now. Micheal Penix, and Deon Cain came out of Tech.

Last edited:
Bloomingdale received an influx of transfers. Agiye was at Armwood before transferring to Bloomingdale. Tech has been steadily building for about 10 years now. Its just all coming together now. Micheal Penix, and Deon Cain came out of Tech.
Appreciate it. How does tech compare to Tampa Jesuit?

Appreciate it. How does tech compare to Tampa Jesuit?
Jesuit probably has the better coaching, while Tech has the edge on talent. Tech will spread you out and try to beat you with speed.

Jesuit Jr RB is a little league legend in Tampa and has had a great season. He's ran for 1800 yrds and 28 TDs. Probably would be a big time recruit if not for his size. Reminds me of Isaiah Connelly from Edgewater a few years ago. That Edgewater team took STA to the brink 2 years ago.

Jesuit probably has the better coaching, while Tech has the edge on talent. Tech will spread you out and try to beat you with speed.

Jesuit Jr RB is a little league legend in Tampa and has had a great season. He's ran for 1800 yrds and 28 TDs. Probably would be a big time recruit if not for his size. Reminds me of Isaiah Connelly from Edgewater a few years ago. That Edgewater team took STA to the brink 2 years ago.

Thanks. I’m looking forward to the game. STA has had a problem with more dynamic backs and really has a problem with mobile QBs. If Tech’s QB is mobile, Tech should be able to score.

Advertisement

That boy good! I'd sign him

If you want to understand the difference in coaching between STA’s staff and Tampa Bay Tech, you only have to look at one play in the game. STA had 4th and 1 or 2 in the second quarter and was leading by two or three scores. STA decided to go for it and brought TE Mason Taylor in tight. TBT reacted by putting 10 guys in the box. As soon as I saw that I knew exactly what was coming from STA and they didn’t let me down. STA called a TE pop pass to Taylor. Taylor was not touched on his release and caught the pass in stride for a long gain. That is a basic play that even a dummy like me knew was coming. How did TBT not know that?

Advertisement
Back