STA v. Homestead Broncos

STA talent has fallen off a lot. Their players are more often than not busts in college (except Battle and Dallas Turner (who is a Heritage kid)). I think the reason the talent has fallen so dramatically is the amount of recruiting they do. They recruit too many kids and the people in the little league parks talk and realize sending their kids there to sit on the bench until they are seniors doesn't help when they could be at a local high school and start as a freshman and get lots of film.

Advertisement
STA talent has fallen off a lot. Their players are more often than not busts in college (except Battle and Dallas Turner (who is a Heritage kid)). I think the reason the talent has fallen so dramatically is the amount of recruiting they do. They recruit too many kids and the people in the little league parks talk and realize sending their kids there to sit on the bench until they are seniors doesn't help when they could be at a local high school and start as a freshman and get lots of film.
Success in college has nothing to do with success at the HS level. St Thomas has always been a place where they get junior & senior transfers, lol….people have known that freshman don’t walk through the door at STA.

It is by far the best run high school program in South Florida and it’s not really close. There’s great coaching at every position and that’s what most people want to see for their kids and honestly it’s what separates it from other schools.

Also….I heard Camden Brown is back today or next week….

Last edited:

It really hasnt...

If you follow sta you will always see this...type of deal. One of those where alot of their talent are under classmen and it seems like their teams are not as talented.
They recruit...and are the only program in s.fla that actuially recruits the whole entire tri county (Dade, Broward, Palm)
If your a freshman or soph and play alot at sta your a known beast..and its been that way since i was a high schooler early 2000s. So kids know that transferring in and still do.

What could effect their talent pool a smudge though is DILLARD getting their sh*t right like they have the last 3 years. Guys like Mortimer, Kelly would be at an sta. Dillard was becomin a feeder for them for over a decade. So they have pivoted and hit the boca/delray area for a few kids.

Advertisement
Success in college has nothing to do with success at the HS level. St Thomas has always been a place where they get junior & senior transfers, lol….people have known that freshman don’t walk through the door at STA.

It is by far the best run high school program in South Florida and it’s not really close. There’s great coaching at every position and that’s what most people want to see for their kids and honestly it’s what separates it from other schools.

Also….I heard Camden Brown is back today or next week….
Individual success at the high school level doesn’t guarantee success at the college level anymore than individual success at the college level guarantees success in the NFL. Having said that, every college used to go to STA to look for talent because the STA players were generally successful in college and that is why they had more players in the NFL than any other school. 2022 is a down year in South Florida and it’s a down year at STA. They will not have nearly as many players sign as they have in the past.

Saying that they have better coaching than other schools is like saying that they are the tallest midget other than Heritage. STA has 35 coaches in their staff so I would expect them to have some good coaches. Heritage has a better staff in my opinion.

As far as how well run the program is, they are a machine, but Heritage has done a better job finding and recruiting high end players than STA has over the last several years and that isn’t debatable.

I guess we have a battle of the sauces because I’m told that Camden is done for the year.

It really hasnt...

If you follow sta you will always see this...type of deal. One of those where alot of their talent are under classmen and it seems like their teams are not as talented.
They recruit...and are the only program in s.fla that actuially recruits the whole entire tri county (Dade, Broward, Palm)
If your a freshman or soph and play alot at sta your a known beast..and its been that way since i was a high schooler early 2000s. So kids know that transferring in and still do.

What could effect their talent pool a smudge though is DILLARD getting their sh*t right like they have the last 3 years. Guys like Mortimer, Kelly would be at an sta. Dillard was becomin a feeder for them for over a decade. So they have pivoted and hit the boca/delray area for a few kids.
STA usually has several players sign P5 letters of intent. This year they will probably only have Armella, Mason Taylor and Camden Brown sign at P5 schools. Look at the 2023 kids and tell me how many of those guys are P5 guys. I just don’t see the Giovanni Bernard’s, James Whites and Bosas there at this point.

STA usually has several players sign P5 letters of intent. This year they will probably only have Armella, Mason Taylor and Camden Brown sign at P5 schools. Look at the 2023 kids and tell me how many of those guys are P5 guys. I just don’t see the Giovanni Bernard’s, James Whites and Bosas there at this point.
I agree somewhat.

May be alot more group of 5 types in the next classes.

Down the road look for James Madison, Mack, Semaj Jackson

In 2023 i coached there starting cb he possibly is a group of 5 type as well.

Zion Turner, Hankerson, and possibly another ol or 2 they have may go Power 5 this year.

I agree somewhat.

May be alot more group of 5 types in the next classes.

Down the road look for James Madison, Mack, Semaj Jackson

In 2023 i coached there starting cb he possibly is a group of 5 type as well.

Zion Turner, Hankerson, and possibly another ol or 2 they have may go Power 5 this year.
Zion Turner and Hankerson do not have commitable P5 offers at this point. They each have three years of film and good careers and aren’t really being pursued.

The best prospect on that roster is 2024 safety Nicholas Rodriguez. He’s a converted LB who is a great athlete who hits like ST or Ronnie Lott.

Advertisement
There’s more familia rising on the gridiron!?
Yes sir, we pump 'em out over here. I'm on my way/running late to Plantation-NW rn. My godson/cousin(TC's nephew) is a Gibbons transfer that starts at the tackle position opposite Seymour for Plantation. Traz is closer than STA or Harris Field so I'm watching him instead of Zay and his dad who's on STA's staff...

Homestead is terrible. Lol. How did they beat Dillard or anyone else for that matter? Their offense has more penalties and negative plays than positive plays, and their defense has no chance of stopping STA.

Edit: 99 yard kick return for TD for Homestead.

Advertisement
Yea i dont know what you were thinking there.lol

STA ol is like 6'3 275+ straight across. Homestead havent seen anything like this...im truly wondering how they beat dillard...
Homesteads coaching is horrific…..

Advertisement
Yea i dont know what you were thinking there.lol

STA ol is like 6'3 275+ straight across. Homestead havent seen anything like this...im truly wondering how they beat dillard...
The fact they beat Dillard and some of the offers their players have threw me off. Dillard had to be looking ahead. Homestead’s OL looked the part, but blocked like Stacy Searels was coaching them and their DL looked like the bottom of their cleats were greased. Just a really bad team and an even worse call on my part.

Damm what happened to the dude that was fat mouthing all week about sta being trash and how homestead was Gonna win 😆 😆 🤣

Advertisement
Back