ST.FRANCIS(PA) @ MIAMI(-26) NOON SAT. DEC 17, RSN, ACCNX, BSUNHD if u have (653 my direcTV)

Well, neither of these happened, but I’ll still take a 15 point win. This team has a big problem on defense that it needs to figure out though.

I think Joseph is by far our best defender. Beverly is our next best guard defender.

Omier is a good defender.

I know we are getting no defense from Pack.

Must be some defensive issues with any combination of Wong, Poplar, Miller.

Advertisement
Referees were booty juice again today.

That tall white dude was fouling Omir all game long and they were calling the fouls on Norchard.

Also grabbed our guys jerseys twice, and no intentional fouls called.

Even Coach L was heated after the game and said so during his interview.

This kid landon moore is a nice player…
I like Cohen's footwork and soft touch. If I were L, I'd keep Moore and Cohen in the back of my mind if they ever hit the Portal. Moore's only a Freshman. Cohen is a RS junior who played his HS ball in NJ at a high league level for Christian Brothers Academy.

Advertisement
We really never stopped St. Francis or Cornell on defense. Our offense carried us in both games.

Interesting that Cornell only scored 63 today against Syracuse's zone. How much zone did we play against Cornell's hot outside shooters?

My reaction watching Cohen play was what the **** is he doing at St Francis, He is a reshirt Jr so I assume he is graduating in the spring, He shoud definitely transfer to a Power 6 school

Advertisement
Another illustration of the absurdity of Kenpom - we dropped to 47th because we only won by 15. And we are ranked behind numerous 4+ loss teams. Including one we played and beat.
Coach L doesn't play for that stuff ofc... had the thinnest roster out there last 2-3 minutes and got real annoyed when Canes made it 15 with a dunk after SFU had conceded the game. So we wait till March to show Ken and Pom.

Coach L doesn't play for that stuff ofc... had the thinnest roster out there last 2-3 minutes and got real annoyed when Canes made it 15 with a dunk after SFU had conceded the game. So we wait till March to show Ken and Pom.

Haha you’re 100% right. It just kills me that KenPom built a system that ignores wins and losses and then rates teams that win more games than predicted by the algorithm as lucky. And while the algorithm has *some* predictive value… it’s nowhere close to perfect. Making the “luck” category even more blindingly arrogant.

maybe it’s just me but Casey looks so **** stiff out there . Watson looks much more smooth when he’s in
Indeed. He looks like a freshman. I don’t think Casey will find his sea legs until well into next season. The Nigerian Kid looks like a fish out of water Trying find a defensive position. Watson looks the part.

Advertisement
My reaction watching Cohen play was what the **** is he doing at St Francis, He is a reshirt Jr so I assume he is graduating in the spring, He shoud definitely transfer to a Power 6 school
I like him a lot too. Great footwork and he knows how to score. Pretty good high post passer too.

As to why he was not a major recruit out of HS, well, he doesn't have any real athletic skill. His skills are "throwback," like post moves, and developing a soft shooting touch. He doesn't run, jump, provide thunderous dunks, and do the things most coaches in the modern game are impressed with.

Think he may have at least one year left. Listed as a Junior. Who knows with all the Covid exemptions.

Indeed. He looks like a freshman. I don’t think Casey will find his sea legs until well into next season. The Nigerian Kid looks like a fish out of water Trying find a defensive position. Watson looks the part.

May take until next year, like it did for Wooga and Joseph

Advertisement
Cohen went to Christian Brothers HS. Interesting choice for a good ****** kid. He also grew from 6-0 to 6-10 in 3 years in HS.

He redshirted, and this is his 4th year on their campus. I assume because of Covid, he could have another year next year. He's averaging 22.1 ppg, 8 rebounds. He has two 40 point games and a 30 (against Miami).

@ALLoverCANE special one for you since you emoji negged my post about kenpom…

Undefeated UNM is ranked over ten spots behind the team they just beat tonight (and the data includes that game).

Also, New Mexico beat St. Mary’s AT St. Mary’s. Wanna guess where 9-4 St. Mary’s is ranked? 22nd lol.

1671425084159.png

Advertisement
Back