Spring PractiSe #3 : Media today: Kevin Steele, Al Blades Jr., James Williams and DJ Ivey

Advertisement
Kam will have to fight like **** to get that job back from Tae. That will be a great battle to follow come Fall.

Hope Blades Jr takes Ivey's spot.
When did Tae become the shoo-in starter?

Just because Kam is out with injury doesn’t mean he’s automatically gonna be on the bench.

They’re most likely going to be running with 3 Safeties on the field together anyway, so Tae will be the Nickel Safety, but if you think Kam won’t be a starter this season you’ll be surprised.

Just because Kam is out with injury doesn’t mean he’s automatically gonna be on the bench.

They’re most likely going to be running with 3 Safeties on the field together anyway, so Tae will be the Nickel Safety, but if you think Kam won’t be a starter this season you’ll be surprised.
Out of sight out of mind for most fans unfortunately

Advertisement

Not saying who is a starter and who is on the bench. Just using the "Cant make the club, sittin' in the tub" theory. If hes out all Spring, and Tae balls out..Kam will have to earn that job back. I dont think Mario will just hand it back to him come Fall. He will have to work his way back into that starting role. It wont be easy.

It will, IMO, be the best position battle to watch come Fall.

That said, this will definitely be a "86-87: Brian Blades/Michael Irvin/Brett Perriman" type scenario here. Nobody will know who the heck the starters are all 3 will play so much.

Out of sight out of mind for most fans unfortunately
Thats the way it should be. Any ole school Cane knows that Jimmy didnt even want to discuss guys who were injured. Werent even on his radar. Want to get back to those days? Thats the mentality we need to bring back to Greentree. No favorites. Your hurt? Oh well. Sit on the sideline. Holla at me when you are available again.. NEXT!

He just said it will be a battle and he is practicing in spring while Kam is recovering.. Dont think its out of line to think there will be competition for who "starts" even though all three will play.. Think you jumped the gun on what he actually said.. and Kam is my people, lol.. He wasnt out of line, just that Tae is actually practicing and has a head start..

Advertisement
I think that all 3 will see the field a lot, and at the same time. There isn't a more talented group on the team than the Safety room, maybe the RBs.
QB, TE and Safety are recruited at a high level..

RB has bodies but guys need to stay on field and produce.. WR has alot of bodies also and someone needs to breakout..

It's the third practice and the team is going to look different in the Fall. While it seems all positive per Spring press, it has not been as usual. The biggest positive is the coaching. I still don't believe J. Williams will be a full-time S in Fall. I don't want him isolated and picked on by WR's. We have to see how he is coached up. I also seriously question if any of these WR's are ready to be a #1. We still have serious depth issues. Players are going to be pushed out and I will guess around 8 more transfer's are brought in by Fall camp. Even with all the injuries.

Advertisement
One has nothing to do w the other my guy.
I'm speaking in general. Even in recruiting. Ppl just looking past him.

Aint nobody taking anything away from TVD or Garcia.
I think talking a ton about a new guy that's been here for 3 practices over the starter and the guy that could start at plenty of other P5 schools would definitely be taking away from their value in favor of Jacurri.

Advertisement
I can’t pencil Harvey in until my mans proves it. Just saw Gaby saying Arroyo gobbled him up today. I agree with you on the rest. This might be a hot take but I can see Nyajlik coming for Harvey’s spot. DE is a problem
Very rare to have frosh DEs taking spots fam, especially not 5* guaranteed type talents. Even GR15 took a min to be ready.

Advertisement
Back