Spring PractiSe #3 : Media today: Kevin Steele, Al Blades Jr., James Williams and DJ Ivey

Advertisement
We already recruit pretty good at TE to begin with.. high level.. we just beat bama for one.. lol..

Brevin and Mallory were big pulls recently.. TE is one of few positions recruited at a playoff talent level.. qb and safety are the others right now..
2 TE sets can be deadly in todays game. Particularly if its with real TEs who have size, can block, run and catch (which we do if Mallory can step up his blocking).

Modern defenses use a ton of heavy DB/striker type systems to combat spread formations, a good 12 package can blow that out of the water and force them into formations they are not as comfortable with.

1647020232463.webp

Advertisement
Saw that a lot at both Oregon and Michigan. Maybe that is one of the many reasons Cristobal and Gattis bonded because they love their guards to move and do a lot misdirection plays from it.

Good to see those Defensive names to be singled out. (Many around here might disagree.)

I have a very good feeling about Parrish.
So, I am also in your camp with Parrish. I am looking forward to watching him play. I really like the other backs we have but he is a guy that I want to watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I suspect that given the opportunity, he'll make a lot of highlight reels. Players like him make the game fun to watch.

Yes all of that. But this Cal Friedman maybe is watching his first football practice. He talked about a run-of-the-mill over the shoulder catch as being beautiful. And then says BS has good hands from an easy to catch ball. That any third grader could’ve caught.

Advertisement
Yes all of that. But this Cal Friedman maybe is watching his first football practice. He talked about a run-of-the-mill over the shoulder catch as being beautiful. And then says BS has good hands from an easy to catch ball. That any third grader could’ve caught.
I wasn't basing my statement on just that. It's his speed that does it for me. He seems like one of those that may not necessarily rack up huge stats, but when they get the ball, they're fun to watch.

Seems like every single QB drill I've seen is them practicing that mesh for read option. Guess we'll be using a lot of that?
I will go out on a limb and say what you are seeing is the tip of the iceberg. They are allowing you to see what they want you to see. I wouldn't make conclusion based on what "I" see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back