Official Spring PractiSe #12: Saturday, April 8

Advertisement
I’m impressed by Isaiah Horton. Now 6’4”, 205 in his second year. We have one big receiver: Colbie Young. Frank Ladson also has good size but has never physically dominated on the field. Could Horton be our second ‘big” receiver to complement our smaller slot guys: X, Brashard, Ray Ray and Washington? 🙏🙏

Yeah man. I agree. I hope he does great when he gets his second chance. He's in the best spot for learning right now. Soak it up and ball out.
If our offense plays like they should he should see some garbage time minutes next year. And also, we have to put in some packages for him a few times a game, even if it’s just some short yardage designed QB runs and options with an occasional throw.

Advertisement
LT is the only difference maker you’re right we desperately need a portal addition
Need at least two and probably 1-2 more from the portal the next two years as well since Mario and Big Joe only got 1 true DT each year the past two classes.

People keep saying Mario is building up the trenches but that's only true on offense so far. D ends have been getting good dudes but DT is worse than when he got here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can tell why the insiders are so heavy on portal WRs... good grief. Watched some of the QB passing drills and I'm not confident in this group.

I can tell why the insiders are so heavy on portal WRs... good grief. Watched some of the QB passing drills and I'm not confident in this group.

Whats the full list of players who are not participating in spring ?

I know for Highschool we see waiting on:

- RB - Mark Fletcher
- RB - Chris Johnson
- CB - Robert Stafford
- CB - Damari Brown
- LB - Raul Aguirre
- DL - Josh Horton
- OL - Tommy Kinsler
- LB - M Pulliman
- OL - Franky Tinilau

But who on the current roster is using spring to: Rehab/Work back from injury that won’t be full go till Fall?
Lt, hh, mesidor, jh, jw, citizen, arroyo,ladson, smith, jl, zn,mm,... that's all I can remember so far!

Advertisement
That DL group is a travesty

Fortunately Guidry has shown he can make lemonade out of lemons when it comes to that because we are in some deep ****
Haven't even played a game yet and we missing 5 guys and 4 of them are starters. I think who we had for spring did an ok job.

Need at least two and probably 1-2 more from the portal the next two years as well since Mario and Big Joe only got 1 true DT each year the past two classes.

People keep saying Mario is building up the trenches but that's only true on offense so far. D ends have been getting good dudes but DT is worse than when he got here.
No he is not mesidor played as well/better then Lt. No it wasn't better. you forget he raided the portal when he first got here how you think mesidor/Lichtenstein....etc got here

Advertisement
I think a lot of us are misinterpreting Mario’s comments, he isn’t saying we don’t have talent i think his concern is what it’s always been.. no depth means no one to challenge the 1’s also if an injustice happens the talent fan is too huge to recover from.. so we are going to need to kill this class and add depth this summer and fall.. let this in transfer portal come in a compete because injuries happen

Haven't even played a game yet and we missing 5 guys and 4 of them are starters. I think who we had for spring did an ok job.
Fair enough

I’m an optimistic guy but that DL group to me is just not good enough. We haven’t really upgraded the position at all after a 5-7 season

But I think DL and WR will get upgraded through the portal

Advertisement
Back