Something to keep in mind re: Dugans

Absent FSU giving him a promotion (co-OC) and/or big pay increase, I think he stays. He has a great boss and lives in Miami.

He went to FSU and already worked for Taggart once.

Plus no **** about the pay raise. That's going to happen either way.

Him and Richt go back to the mid 90's. A couple years with Taggert doesn't come close.

What? That's just flat out wrong. He's been with Richt for two years, he was with Taggart for two years and he went to FSU before becoming a GA there for a year.

he played for richt.

Advertisement
Absent FSU giving him a promotion (co-OC) and/or big pay increase, I think he stays. He has a great boss and lives in Miami.

Him and Richt go back to the mid 90's. A couple years with Taggert doesn't come close.

What? That's just flat out wrong. He's been with Richt for two years, he was with Taggart for two years and he went to FSU before becoming a GA there for a year.

he played for richt.

Please, for the love of God, refer to my previous post. He has spent more time with FSU/Taggart than Richt. I'm not saying he is a goner, but people acting like the ties to FSU/Taggart are minimal are clueless. There's reason we should be concerned.

He coached him at fsu ....duh. What are you 13?

So he's still been with FSU/Taggart more than Richt. Lol. I'll do the math for you.

FSU = 7 years. 5 as player (redshirt) 2 as coach
Taggart = 2 years at USF.

That's 9 years.

Richt = 5 years at FSU and 2 at Miami. That's 7.

They've been friends for over 20 years, are you retarded ? How is that hard to understand ?

Troll on doe

he played for richt.

Please, for the love of God, refer to my previous post. He has spent more time with FSU/Taggart than Richt. I'm not saying he is a goner, but people acting like the ties to FSU/Taggart are minimal are clueless. There's reason we should be concerned.

Just stop, you're ******* wrong.

He was with Taggart at USF for 2 years

He's been here for 2 years, plus Richt coached him for 4 years

Advertisement

So he's still been with FSU/Taggart more than Richt. Lol. I'll do the math for you.

That's 9 years.

They've been friends for over 20 years, are you retarded ? How is that hard to understand ?

Troll on doe

He's been an FSU alum for 20 years. How hard is that to understand?

If Santana Moss got offered to be the WR coach with Butch or at UM where do you think his priorities would lie? I know that is a stretch of an example, but you don't seem to be comprehending what I am saying about him being a FSU alum/Tallahassee native being kinda important.

he played for richt.

I'm talking about FSU and Taggart together, not just Taggart. Jesus you guys can't read.

he played for richt.

I'm talking about FSU and Taggart together, not just Taggart. Jesus you guys can't read.

So then it would still be 6 years for FSU/Taggart, 6 years for Richt. Which also overlooks the fact that he and Richt have had a relationship for 2 decades.

Go troll somewhere else if you're going to be this retarded

he played for richt.

So then it would still be 6 years for FSU/Taggart, 6 years for Richt. Which also overlooks the fact that he and Richt have had a relationship for 2 decades.

You forgot the two years he was an assistant at FSU without Richt. And an alum. And from Tallahassee. If you're gonna call someone retarded, at least be right.

Advertisement

That's 9 years.

Troll on doe

If Santana Moss got offered to be the WR coach with Butch or at UM where do you think his priorities would lie? I know that is a stretch of an example, but you don't seem to be comprehending what I am saying about him being a FSU alum/Tallahassee native being kinda important.

Was Santana moss working for a close friend of 20 years ? Is Santana moss working for one of the most well respected men in cfb? Is Santana moss at a program that's on the brink of great things ?

He could leave but just because its your alma mater calling doesn't mean you automatically jump, especially when you're at really good job already . I mean by your thinking Richt would've left Uga for Miami the multiple times we sent feelers out to his people.

But he didn't .

You forgot the two years he was an assistant at FSU without Richt. And an alum. And from Tallahassee. If you're gonna call someone retarded, at least be right.

So any pro FSU/Taggart thing counts, but half the things in our favor don't count. Got it.

When Dugans stays, I'm sure you'll admit being wrong you ******* troll.

Not surprised the Noles are back on here

he played for richt.

Dudes a troll, I've wasted more time than I normally do with these clowns.

Advertisement

That's 9 years.

Troll on doe

Was Santana moss working for a close friend of 20 years ? Is Santana moss working for one of the most well respected men in cfb? Is Santana moss at a program that's on the brink of great things ?

He could leave but just because its your alma mater calling doesn't mean you automatically jump, especially when you're at really good job already . I mean by your thinking Richt would've left Uga for Miami the multiple times we sent feelers out to his people.

But he didn't .

I'm not saying he's definitely gonna leave. I'm saying there are just as many ties to FSU as there are to Miami. I have no clue what he's gonna do and none of us do. Until we know the actual decision, we don't know what his priorities are.

Dugans is my favorite coach on the staff. I really want him to stay, but wouldn't be surprised at all if he bolted.

So any pro FSU/Taggart thing counts, but half the things in our favor don't count. Got it.

When Dugans stays, I'm sure you'll admit being wrong you ******* troll.

Not surprised the Noles are back on here

Find me a post where I said he is going to FSU. Please. Show me where I am a troll saying he's definitely gone.

Y'all get too sensitive when you're proven wrong.

Advertisement

That's 9 years.

Troll on doe

lol, at the straw man argument you trying to use here. Casey Weldon and Bradley Jennings were long time alums too that didn't stop them from sending their kids to UM did it? No...they sent their kids to UM because they had a long term working relationship with Richt, much like Dugans.

That's 9 years.

Troll on doe

lol, at the straw man argument you trying to use here. Casey Weldon and Bradley Jennings were long time alums too that didn't stop them from sending their kids to UM did it? No...they sent their kids to UM because they had a long term working relationship with Richt, much like Dugans.

Lol yeah my example was bad. But still he's a FSU alum with ties to Tallahassee in general. I hope his connection with Richt is more valuable, but there are strong factors that could send him to FSU. That's all I'm trying to say. If you can't accept there's a chance he bolts with good reason, then there's no point in discussing any more.

Just give the guy a raise and be done with it. If he goes to FSU instead of Miami after we offered him a raise then we don't need him here anyways. Someone who would rather be at FSU over Miami isn't a real Miami guy.

Miami is finally in a spot as a program where we should be able to attract top talent. Highly respected head coach with connections all over college football, an admin that is now willing to pay, and a program on the rise in THE best recruiting area in the country. We will be fine.

I'll say this, the only reason I would fear him leaving is because I wouldn't want kids like Pope and Hightower to waiver soon thereafter.

I'm pretty sure Richt has preliminary reach out to his replacement. Just wonder who that could be.
Pope isn’t a Hurricane for him

Advertisement
Back