someone explain y ray ray wear #35 on punt return

It's oversized so he can get it over his pads quickly.. he will never return anything with that ugly *** jersey.. it's football gawd law
exactly. it aeorodynamically unsound and an affront to football gods. can't we just put a temp sticker on his jersey for punt returns declaring that rayray counts in base5

Advertisement
Sorry for trying to optimize our return game. Will make sure to be more of a prick next time.
I didn't mean to be harsh, I'm sorry. Those jerseys are extremely tight fitting, so that #35 jersey actually goes right over his #5 jersey. In fact it might even be purposely torn at the sides with velcro sewn in to get it on/off quickly, which also makes it look so bulky.

I didn't mean to be harsh, I'm sorry. Those jerseys are extremely tight fitting, so that #35 jersey actually goes right over his #5 jersey. In fact it might even be purposely torn at the sides with velcro sewn in to get it on/off quickly, which also makes it look so bulky.
this begs the question if the moomoo jersey gets torn off during a punt return and we happen to be running our super secret cj clark go try to block the punt play do we get a flag

Advertisement
And here comes the old man comment....

Why in the F are we (and many, many other schools) issuing duplicate numbers? There are 101 different combos (if they allow 00). There are 85 scholarships. Tell CJ to wear a number in the 60's or 70's like linemen used to wear. Even a number in the 90's. We literally have duplicates for all the single digit numbers.

Back in my day, numbers were assigned by class and by position group. We didn't have bruisers wearing single digit numbers on the D line. We didn't have kickers wearing RB numbers. We didn't have indoor practice facilities either. We bench pressed cars and rubbed dirt on our cuts. COTDAM, get off my lawn!

It's oversized so he can get it over his pads quickly.. he will never return anything with that ugly *** jersey.. it's football gawd law
1726511513809.gif

It's so he can get the jersey on and off quickly. Imagine missing the first play of a drive because you are struggling to take off a jersey.
Exactly. I believe that was created in off season. They used to fight the second jersey to get on and off and it was stressful. Now easy on and off. Like a teddy. Pause.

Advertisement
It's precautionary. Because we COULD have two #5s on the field at the same time.

Guys get hurt all the time. I'd imagine CJ Clark is second-string on the punting team. If someone got hurt and he had to go in, you would need to change someone's jersey.

As "ridiculous" as it looks, this is how dumb programs get penalties, by "waiting to see" if they need the altenate jersey. It's just safer to do it every single time, rather than to take the chance of incurring a penalty when you NEEDED to use the #35 jersey.

This or if we go "Safe Return" with the defense in and swap a safety for the Return man

And here comes the old man comment....

Why in the F are we (and many, many other schools) issuing duplicate numbers? There are 101 different combos (if they allow 00). There are 85 scholarships. Tell CJ to wear a number in the 60's or 70's like linemen used to wear. Even a number in the 90's. We literally have duplicates for all the single digit numbers.

Back in my day, numbers were assigned by class and by position group. We didn't have bruisers wearing single digit numbers on the D line. We didn't have kickers wearing RB numbers. We didn't have indoor practice facilities either. We bench pressed cars and rubbed dirt on our cuts. COTDAM, get off my lawn!

First, we have some retired numbers. So there are some numbers we do not assign.

Second, there are certain numbers that tend to be reserved for certain positions. So we tend to see numbers in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 90s which are not fully assigned out to all of the players.

Finally, though the rules have not yet been put into place (August 2025), we are about to be allowed to have 105 SCHOLARSHIP players. Thus...well, you can do the math. I know it doesn't answer your 2024 question, but it's about to become a thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would kindly ask them to make the jersey actually fit. I am not sure why he is out there returning kicks with an oversized jersey.

Got to take it on and off. Over the pads. Normal sized would be a nightmare. But I digress, it is hideous

First, we have some retired numbers. So there are some numbers we do not assign.

Second, there are certain numbers that tend to be reserved for certain positions. So we tend to see numbers in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 90s which are not fully assigned out to all of the players.

Finally, though the rules have not yet been put into place (August 2025), we are about to be allowed to have 105 SCHOLARSHIP players. Thus...well, you can do the math. I know it doesn't answer your 2024 question, but it's about to become a thing.
Stop ruining my geriatric energy.

Those extra 20 scholarship players can wear no number and like it!

Advertisement
Back