someone explain y ray ray wear #35 on punt return

Advertisement
I always thought it was because we had two players with the same number on the field at the same time.

Cant imagine it would be for any other reason.

With that being said, I dont think i've ever seen another team use that ridiculous jersey on the returner.
yes i thought that too. but then i felt like i didnt notice clark on punt return and then poster in gameday thread mentioned that he not in there, and in fact he is not. this is driving me nuts. here is first ball st punt - no husky defensive tackler wearing #5 on punt return, no mystery player wearing #5 either. am too lazy to screenshot all 35 of ball st punts, but trust.
PXL_20240916_180137129.MP.jpg

cj clark also wear #5. he was not in on any punt returns against noballs state. please make it make sense. ray ray looks ridiculous in that jersey.

It's precautionary. Because we COULD have two #5s on the field at the same time.

Guys get hurt all the time. I'd imagine CJ Clark is second-string on the punting team. If someone got hurt and he had to go in, you would need to change someone's jersey.

As "ridiculous" as it looks, this is how dumb programs get penalties, by "waiting to see" if they need the altenate jersey. It's just safer to do it every single time, rather than to take the chance of incurring a penalty when you NEEDED to use the #35 jersey.

Advertisement
It's precautionary. Because we COULD have two #5s on the field at the same time.

Guys get hurt all the time. I'd imagine CJ Clark is second-string on the punting team. If someone got hurt and he had to go in, you would need to change someone's jersey.

As "ridiculous" as it looks, this is how dumb programs get penalties, by "waiting to see" if they need the altenate jersey. It's just safer to do it every single time, rather than to take the chance of incurring a penalty when you NEEDED to use the #35 jersey.
thank you. this is reasonable. still think - just cause how ridiculous that moomoo jersey looks on ray ray - that it possible that we would know clark not going in on this particular punt return when decision is made to reduce ray ray's sartorial splendor. better safe than sorry tho i get it

Wild guess here but a punt return is kind of like a defensive play. So for him to be out there on “defense” he has to switch numbers because Clark has 5 on Defense.

Advertisement
I would kindly ask them to make the jersey actually fit. I am not sure why he is out there returning kicks with an oversized jersey.
correct. he looks like he rolling up to bingo night in the old folks home with that jersey on

thank you. this is reasonable. still think - just cause how ridiculous that moomoo jersey looks on ray ray - that it possible that we would know clark not going in on this particular punt return when decision is made to reduce ray ray's sartorial splendor. better safe than sorry tho i get it

While I do not completely disagree with you, let's not forget that we have an entire coaching staff that could not agree on when to take a knee in a game we were leading.

Now you want us to keep track of all the #5 jerseys on the roster, and whether they are in at the same time?

app phone GIF

Advertisement
I've seen other schools do the same thing.

Perhaps the answer would be to ask Ray Ray to accept 35 as his official number and then he could wear a fitted uniform.

Then again, I realize this would entail kids having to wear something outside of a single digit - very uncool.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back