Some tidbits...

its basically a foregone conclusion that bush is at saftey in the fall

and id be shocked if olsen wasnt here next year

there are entirely too many reasons for him to come......the least of which is the fact that greg played here

1 year at safety for depth then move to LB after he puts on 50 lbs this year

Advertisement
I've already said most of this stuff in the podcast, but figured I'd bring it here as well:

- Deon Bush looks like he is coming at safety. I personally feel he is best suited at corner, but depth may have dictated this move.

- Gray Crow is really impressing people with his work ethic.

- Coaches believe Briscoe and Ivery will qualify.

- Lewis, Lockhart and Waters expected to play right away.

- Olsen is not a silent but they feel good about him.

- Drew Rosenhaus is claiming that Golden badmouthed the underclassmen to the NFL teams, which is why they slipped.

- A guy who has been on staff at Alabama and UM claims that Miller, Vernon and Washington are on par with the Alabama players in talent but have not been developed as well (whether through weight-training, medical staff, coaching, or a combo of all three).

Uh. Isn't this obviously Stout? He putting his former Corch on blast?

Also, hope they're right on the DTs and Olsen.

My guess would be Pannunzio (sp?). D mentioned him in another thread when he said Morris was as talented as the QB's on Bama's roster.

I could swear that Stoutland had compared UM OL to Alabama OL talent before this last season and said that UM had more talented guys.

The longer Olsen takes to decide , the less I like his chances coming here. The last two NFL drafts have has given us a good indication of the talent here, and I think we all agree they were never properly developed. Not surprised by Crow being ahead of Dewey, I still project Dewey having a higher ceiling. Excellent news on the two big uglies reporting in the summer. Really have mixed feelings on Bush, personally I love him at safety, just not sure he's not a better corner. I'm one of those that thinks he wil have a better career than the other kid.

Advertisement
It's fair comparing BW and Vernon to Vlachos and Chapman. Vlachos was a good college lineman who wasn't drafted and Chapman went early 5th so it seems like an apt comparison to BW and Vernon. Not sure who on Bama is comparable to Lamar though.

The longer Olsen takes to decide , the less I like his chances coming here. The last two NFL drafts have has given us a good indication of the talent here, and I think we all agree they were never properly developed. Not surprised by Crow being ahead of Dewey, I still project Dewey having a higher ceiling. Excellent news on the two big uglies reporting in the summer. Really have mixed feelings on Bush, personally I love him at safety, just not sure he's not a better corner. I'm one of those that thinks he wil have a better career than the other kid.
olsen has said all along that he wont officially commit anywhere until the end of june after school is over

I've already said most of this stuff in the podcast, but figured I'd bring it here as well:

- Deon Bush looks like he is coming at safety. I personally feel he is best suited at corner, but depth may have dictated this move.

- Gray Crow is really impressing people with his work ethic.

- Coaches believe Briscoe and Ivery will qualify.

- Lewis, Lockhart and Waters expected to play right away.

- Olsen is not a silent but they feel good about him.

- Drew Rosenhaus is claiming that Golden badmouthed the underclassmen to the NFL teams, which is why they slipped.

- A guy who has been on staff at Alabama and UM claims that Miller, Vernon and Washington are on par with the Alabama players in talent but have not been developed as well (whether through weight-training, medical staff, coaching, or a combo of all three).

Uh. Isn't this obviously Stout? He putting his former Corch on blast?

Also, hope they're right on the DTs and Olsen.

I hope it's not Stoutland putting someone on blast. Last I checked we didn't churn out any ALL-American OL's during his tenure here. Guys like O. Frank, and J.Fox were just beasting on talent alone. Stoutland didnt develop anyone. People want to blame Randy, and for a heck of a lot of things you can, but position coaches are the immediate teachers/developers of talent. Stoutland can't blame anyone without putting himself on blast as well.

olsen has said all along that he wont officially commit anywhere until the end of june after school is over

He came out recently that he'll commit at the end of May.

I'm not worried that he hasn't decided yet. his plan for awhile was to take visits durning the Spring and then pick his school.

Advertisement

I read a while back that Golden spent 2 days calling all NFL teams about our players. I wouldnt be shocked if he answered some questions honestly about certain players.

best news is on our D-line recruits... we need to get back to going 8 deep on the d-line with guys that can actually make plays.

I read a while back that Golden spent 2 days calling all NFL teams about our players. I wouldnt be shocked if he answered some questions honestly about certain players.

Indeed!

The longer Olsen takes to decide , the less I like his chances coming here. The last two NFL drafts have has given us a good indication of the talent here, and I think we all agree they were never properly developed. Not surprised by Crow being ahead of Dewey, I still project Dewey having a higher ceiling. Excellent news on the two big uglies reporting in the summer. Really have mixed feelings on Bush, personally I love him at safety, just not sure he's not a better corner. I'm one of those that thinks he wil have a better career than the other kid.[/
he's deciding in a few weeks and if u followed recruiting on him he's coming to miamii

Advertisement
Thanks for the info D... personally I wouldn't mind seeing Bush at safety his presence alone at safety should light a fire under Ray and Telemaque to perform well or get benched... I don't think Golden bad mouthed any of the players if anything he NFL coaches the truth about players work ethic and attitudes on and off the field. Since they were ranked so high by draft exerts and fell so low shows that maybe outside of their potential they lacked work ethic and attitude coaches look for in high draft picks. Its worth taking chances on guys like that because your not really investiing much into them more so than a guy in the higher rounds of the draft

rosenpenis can go **** his mother

golden did not bad mouth anybody

Nor would I, and that's not bad mouthing.

Rosenrosen can still get bent for trying to minimize his fault in their bad decisions.

Advertisement

Not saying he bad-mouthed. Strengths and weakness's.

Golden cant tell a coach this guy is NFL ready when he was telling them to stay another year.

Not saying he bad-mouthed. Strengths and weakness's.

Golden cant tell a coach this guy is NFL ready when he was telling them to stay another year.

thats not bad mouthing somebody......its called being honest

Advertisement
Back