Some tidbits...

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I've already said most of this stuff in the podcast, but figured I'd bring it here as well:

- Deon Bush looks like he is coming at safety. I personally feel he is best suited at corner, but depth may have dictated this move.

- Gray Crow is really impressing people with his work ethic.

- Coaches believe Briscoe and Ivery will qualify.

- Lewis, Lockhart and Waters expected to play right away.

- Olsen is not a silent but they feel good about him.

- Drew Rosenhaus is claiming that Golden badmouthed the underclassmen to the NFL teams, which is why they slipped.

- A guy who has been on staff at Alabama and UM claims that Miller, Vernon and Washington are on par with the Alabama players in talent but have not been developed as well (whether through weight-training, medical staff, coaching, or a combo of all three).

Advertisement
Thanks, D.

A little disappointing with Bush but when you take a look at things, it makes sense. I still love his potential at CB.

Briscoe and Ivery would be huge for depth obviously.

Thanks D. why you say that about bush? I thought everyone has said he is much better at corner and not suited for safety.

Also i cant wait to see lewis, lockhart and waters. I think they could be special at miami and i live that they will get 4 years to play together.

crossover22[]_[];455569 said:
Thanks D. why you say that about bush? I thought everyone has said he is much better at corner and not suited for safety.

I agree with them. Bush is a much better corner prospect than safety IMO.

On the Michael Irvin show Drew was saying good stuff about Golden. Is he trying to play both sides of the fence?

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];455569 said:

I agree with them. Bush is a much better corner prospect than safety IMO.
Thats what i think. I kniw we have depth issues at safety so it makes sense but id love to see him and howard together at corner. I know we have some other solid corners coming in so it doesnt hurt us.

Also great news on briscoe and ivory if they both make it in. We need that depth bad

On the Michael Irvin show Drew was saying good stuff about Golden. Is he trying to play both sides of the fence?

Yes. He wants to give his clients a scapegoat for why they didn't go as high as he promised, and he doesn't want to burn bridges with the program that made him.

good stuff D

it'd be great if the only kid not to qualify is AJL (confident he'll be here next January anyway)

hopefully Bush is only coming in initially at S for depth and somebody can step up allowing him to move quickly to CB

Advertisement
I've already said most of this stuff in the podcast, but figured I'd bring it here as well:

- Deon Bush looks like he is coming at safety. I personally feel he is best suited at corner, but depth may have dictated this move.

- Drew Rosenhaus is claiming that Golden badmouthed the underclassmen to the NFL teams, which is why they slipped.

- A guy who has been on staff at Alabama and UM claims that Miller, Vernon and Washington are on par with the Alabama players in talent but have not been developed as well (whether through weight-training, medical staff, coaching, or a combo of all three).

Uh. Isn't this obviously Stout? He putting his former Corch on blast?

Also, hope they're right on the DTs and Olsen.

Thanks for the info, great stuff!

I'm moving to NJ soon and will be near Wayne, going to see Olsen play a few times this fall

Advertisement

Yes. He wants to give his clients a scapegoat for why they didn't go as high as he promised, and he doesn't want to burn bridges with the program that made him.

This is totally logical. The circumstances suck but this explanation makes total sense.

Advertisement
its basically a foregone conclusion that bush is at saftey in the fall

and id be shocked if olsen wasnt here next year

there are entirely too many reasons for him to come......the least of which is the fact that greg played here

Thanks for the info, great stuff!

I'm moving to NJ soon and will be near Wayne, going to see Olsen play a few times this fall

where in NJ- are you moving?

and why?

nobody willingly moves to NJ

I would like to see crawford move to safety... Dude has the range/speed to play the middle of the field.

Advertisement
Back