Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Steele always seemed like one of those stud DCs that never could get out of the SEC. I dig it. It's weird Maryland was his best option before

Advertisement
I posed this in the other thread. Advanced analytics take on Steele. Auburn's defensive ratings according to f+

2016: 9th
2017: 3rd
2018: 8th
2019: 4th
2020: 51st

4/5 years with a top 10 defense. That's just simply elite. You really can't argue the results.
And you can argue turnover as a difference because that happens to everybody.

Advertisement
2D5C123C-C53F-4848-A631-7BAA565C068C.jpeg

Advertisement
Kevin Steele is a whatever hire to me. I can’t see him failing here with the talent he will hopefully have access to. But I’m also just not that jazzed up.

It reeks of settling. Mario was out there hitting up a bunch of 10s at a bar and ended up taking home a 6.5. We’ve all done it.

Advertisement
Higher floor than Doug Belk and Campanile. He’ll probably ride off into the sunset here but he’s not done coaching like Richt was. Older (63 I think) but was wanting the Auburn HC job and wanted the Tennessee HC job so he’s got juice left. Fire-y personality anyway. Fits what Mario is looking for in toughness and discipline.

My only concern is he is old school and it’s becoming a new school game and it’s easy to lose touch when you take time off.

Kevin Steele is a whatever hire to me. I can’t see him failing here with the talent he will hopefully have access to. But I’m also just not that jazzed up.

It reeks of settling. Mario was out there hitting up a bunch of 10s at a bar and ended up taking home a 6.5. We’ve all done it.
What? Bro just stop. We all thought plan B was Anthony Campanile. This is better than Belk and Campanile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back