Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the info is slightly off, and he's coming as CO-DC? Would make more sense with what's been discussed on this board. A greybeard to complement a young up and coming DC

Advertisement
Well he supposedly led a mutiny to try and overthrow Malzahn if i remember correctly

Mario going to be sleeping like
to-de-olho-a-fazenda.gif

After having been around Steele for a couple of years and being one of the biggest preachers of coaches being/not being a “fit” is a load of crap, I’m chuckling at the idea of Steele in Miami. That man is deep south to the core, just picturing him in Coral Gables is hilarious.

With that being said as far as purely coaching. Grade A hire, B+ at worst. He checks a ton of boxes, and is a vet disciplinarian type that we need on that side of the ball. Not to mention he is a very, very good LB coach. I was team Belk/Schumann but we could have done much worse and this is a “good” hire at the end of the day. This is in the ball park of the type of hires I expect us to make with this budget. Now let’s get this sh*t on the road.
Amen…let’s roll

After having been around Steele for a couple of years and being one of the biggest preachers of coaches being/not being a “fit” is a load of crap, I’m chuckling at the idea of Steele in Miami. That man is deep south to the core, just picturing him in Coral Gables is hilarious.

With that being said as far as purely coaching. Grade A hire, B+ at worst. He checks a ton of boxes, and is a vet disciplinarian type that we need on that side of the ball. Not to mention he is a very, very good LB coach. I was team Belk/Schumann but we could have done much worse and this is a “good” hire at the end of the day. This is in the ball park of the type of hires I expect us to make with this budget. Now let’s get this sh*t on the road.
Let Mario recruit Miami and Steele recruit SEC country

Advertisement

Appreciate the insights - time to bring in an elite S / CB coach(es) that can recruit and we're humming on D.

Everyone acting like this is official. How do we know it ain't a false leak again of some sort?

Advertisement
Alright, @JayCane20 & @Liberty City El - can you give those of us who aren't as well informed a Kevin Steele Defensive Scheme / Philosophy breakdown? Beats pizza and BBQ talk.
4 down lineman, good old fashioned LB coach that can recruit, long time SEC DC that’s proven everywhere he’s been. Lots of sacks and pressure with TFLs. Not as gimmicky as Manny.. more fundamentally sound.

Most recently at Auburn (2016-2020) his defenses were typically 25 in scoring. I think he was top 15 3 times in those 5 years and top 25 once and right outside the top 25 in his last year.

2015 LSU in that ballpark as well. I think top 35.

Other than the 1 year at Clemson I don’t think he’s fielded a defense outside the top 40 and that included 6 years in the SEC west and at Clemson. He wouldn’t have been fired from there if Dabo didn’t know he was getting Venables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back