Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
No coaches and no commits coming might be time for me to log off this place will be a Wasteland soon.

Advertisement
Okay I’m going to say it an get crucified….

I don’t think it is Ponce… but if it is…. App St put up some good stats this year. Completely changed Chase Brice into 3330 yards 27/11 TD/INT. Nearly two 1k runners, 1100 and 900 yards. 3 receivers over 800 yards. 34 ppg.

Advertisement
Okay I’m going to say it an get crucified….

I don’t think it is Ponce… but if it is…. App St put up some good stats this year. Completely changed Chase Brice into 3330 yards 27/11 TD/INT. Nearly two 1k runners, 1100 and 900 yards. 3 receivers over 800 yards. 34 ppg.

the biggest issue Is with our huge budget and if we end up w ponce, there must be a ton of misses to get there. fwiw, I don't see Mario just settling on plan D with a real budget to work with. the ponce stuff just keep coming from canesport and nowhere else. I assume its still an NFL assistant weighing his options.

now what's up with belk?

the biggest issue Is with our huge budget and if we end up w ponce, there must be a ton of misses to get there. fwiw, I don't see Mario just settling on plan D with a real budget to work with. the ponce stuff just keep coming from canesport and nowhere else. I assume its still an NFL assistant weighing his options.

now what's up with belk?
The huge budget isn’t the only issue. Ponce has exactly one year of play calling experience and that was at App State. By no reasonable measure is he qualified to be the OC at the University of Miami. Hiring someone with his qualifications (or lack thereof) for this position would be malpractice of the highest level.

Advertisement
To be 100% honest - I'll start by saying I still don't think it's Ponce and haven't had any reason to believe it is

I've always loved that Satterfield system and the 2 seasons at FIU that he was OC were the 2 winning seasons that Cristobal had there 2010-2011

I've been around the App State program for many years being 45 min to an hour away and attended a ton of Satterfield clinics. Ponce runs the same thing and has been with Satterfield for like 10 years from FIU-App State-Louisville so he knows it as well as Satterfield does.

Would Ponce be the end of the world? No. He's better than Coley. Someone said would you rather have Strong as DC or Ponce as OC and I said give me Ponce 10 times out of 10.

The reality is, I just expect more out of our coordinator hires. I'd love to have Ponce on staff to influence the outside zone run game and some of their concepts but it doesn't make sense for him and his career to leave playcalling to just be on staff at Miami.

Also, Manny was able to hire a much better OC than Ponce. If Mario has to settle for someone like Ponce when we had Lashlee last season it’s going to be a TERRIBLE look for the program. And other programs would absolutely be able to easily use Ponce as OC to negative recruit us with offensive players.

now what's up with belk?
I agree I don’t think it’s Ponce because the budget. BUT I think 2-3 years down the road, Ponce keeps it up with productive offenses and we’ve got through 1-2 OC’s I think he’s a long term option.

Who knows with Belk I don’t believe any of the rumors saying he is hired or whatever.

Advertisement
The huge budget isn’t the only issue. Ponce has exactly one year of play calling experience and that was at App State. By no reasonable measure is he qualified to be the OC at the University of Miami. Hiring someone with his qualifications (or lack thereof) for this position would be malpractice of the highest level.

We are in this vicious cycle where every 3 days someone tries to convince themselves why settling for Ponce as OC is okay

And also, Ferman is a POS who is wrong drastically more than he’s right

1643733188164.webp

**** it, lets ride

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back