Some early buzz from spring

Advertisement
Throw Skinner in at WR until he fills out. Him, Arroyo and Will out there in one package. Just call it 'SIX FIVE.'
Heck no, leave Skinner at TE. We're only 5 deep at TE. Gattis's offense uses the TE a ton. We need everybody we have currently.
Also, Mallory has a history of dealing with little injuries causing him to miss games. The potential of Mallory missing a game or two is high. No need to move Skinner.

Angry 20Th Anniversary GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@DMoney fighting the urge to talk up DJ Ivey for a 4th consecutive offseason.
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Advertisement
I used to feel this way before Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. Both guys improved a ton. It takes a willing student and a lot of athleticism.
Allen is an exception not the rule re **** near everything besides 'size' where he clearly fit that bill. Dorsey just might be a genius coach.

Advertisement
Love the tools Brown has to work with, but a word of caution: inaccuracy is a problem that often can't be "coached" out of a passer.
I used to think that as well, but someone sure has made Josh Allen a lot more accurate than he was coming out of college.

Advertisement
Allen is an exception not the rule re **** near everything besides 'size' where he clearly fit that bill. Dorsey just might be a genius coach.
Have to agree. I really can't remember even a handful of QBs who were inaccurate in college and became accurate in the pros.

You can work on mechanics (so they "look" better), and change routes so they throw passes easier to complete (and bump up completion percentage), but that doesn't make them more accurate. Allen totally surprised me. I thought he was the next Cam Newton, but he really has improved his accuracy, and should have a longer career as a result.

Also there are levels to it. Obviously I want Canes to do well in the NFL but I really care about college.

Lamar Jackson never completed more than 59% of his passes in college, was always in the 52-59 range, and was a stud. Russel Wilson was the same way at NC State for 3 years. If that is their ceiling so be it, I will take it.

Advertisement
Alphonso Jr was the best CB on the team before he got Covid & his career took a bit of downslide.

If he’s back healthy that bodes very well for the CB group.

He’s the most technically sound cover corner we have, under better coaching he should be able to secure a significant role if not be the starter at Boundary. I mean if we’re being honest, there’s really no reason to start Ivey if Blades & Stevenson are both good to go come Fall camp with Daryl Porter Jr coming & Malik Curtis emerging.

Plus we got Jaden Harris & Chris Graves coming in the Summer as well geared up & ready to go for Fall, we could have enough depth to not have to force ourselves to play any liabilities in the Secondary.

Still hope we add another LB from the Portal before Fall camp...

Still think we could’ve used another sure handed veteran at WR.

Advertisement
Back