So about that Dade/Broward/Palm Beach talent ...

Just to add:

I think the biggest difference is that football is unquestionably the No. 1 sport in inner-city Miami — no ifs, ands or buts about it.

There's really no other major city in America like it.

I think basketball has made big in-roads in both Dallas and Houston -- just look how many NBA players and college stars come from those two places.

It only follows to reason that more and more inner city kids in Texas are focusing on basketball.

I don't know DFW, but in ATL you don't see inner city schools win at football because they can't compete for coaches that single HS districts can. Looking at the 8 teams that won state last year, only one would I not send my kid too (Cedar Grove).

you should see the sh*t show in South Florida as coaches.....yet they still kick ***....IDK Drew...APS football for the most part wasn't that good when I lived in ATL BACK in 2002....around that time Parkview (outskirts), Stephenson (metro -outskirts) were hoarding talent...I think Westlake , Doug, Mays, Washington were solid teams then.

Those schools have good teams, but they never win state because they get out coached when they play schools OTP. I really comes down to pay, and large school districts don't pay way. APS is one of the worst districts in the entire country. There is still talent in those schools, they just aren't coached well. AH barely beat a 4 loss GA team this year, so while I knowledge that talent and level of football in south Florida, I don't think it's as big of a gap as everyone thinks, I think the draft shows that.

In 2015 there were 51 players combined from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. 31 from Miami and 20 from Ft. Lauderdale. The next highest city had 14. So yes, there's an absolutely giant gap.

Which state, city and high school has the most current NFL players? | USA Today High School Sports

plus your forgetting the 20+ from Palm Beach...this is all within an hour 1/2 radius...which is essentially metro Atlanta..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back